Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Star Wars Blu-rays Breaks Worldwide Sales Records

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 22, 2011 9:38:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2011 9:39:12 PM PDT
ScoobyDooFan says:
Looks like the purists' boycott didn't do much.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/star-wars-complete-saga-on-blu-ray-breaks-global-sales-records/

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 9:45:30 PM PDT
Its too bad people buy **** products on name alone.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2011 10:04:57 PM PDT
Puggo says:
I guess that means we won't be seeing the theatrical versions anytime soon. Something for the gushers to gloat about.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011 1:37:59 AM PDT
Miami Nights says:
It had nothing to do with people like you who buy any sort of garbage. It was about not being one of the suckers who are soon to part with their money.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 4:38:53 AM PDT
Saxman717 says:
People just line up in droves to hand over their hard earned cash for Lucas's scraps, no matter what he serves up.......not surprising in this crazy world. I'll bet 80-90% of those people who bought it were completely unaware of the changes that were made, and probably 50-60% of the sales were just casual fans or significant others of real fans who got it as a gift for someone.....

It's results like these that empower Lucas to keep shoveling out garbage and encourages him to keep tweaking his original works to death....

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 6:10:42 AM PDT
Michael S says:
Hahahaha, wow. Looks like the boycott and "two-star rating" seige didn't do much damage...

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 7:10:29 AM PDT
TF says:
What's with all the nastiness and sour grapes hurled at people who bought this?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011 8:06:21 AM PDT
Puggo says:
One could similarly ask, what's with all the nastiness hurled at the people who said they wouldn't? Peruse the reviews and do a little tally, you'll find that most of the 1* reviews were directed at Lucas - not at other fans. Whereas most of the 5* reviews were directed squarely at the 1* reviewers. (There are exceptions of course.)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011 8:19:42 AM PDT
It's due to the equivalent level of nastiness and insults hurled at Lucas for making the changes.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 9:05:25 AM PDT
TF says:
star wars brings out the worst in us.

That depresses me.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 9:23:17 AM PDT
Sean D. says:
You know, I consider myself a pretty solid Star Wars fan, and while I don't LOVE the changes, I don't really let it affect me. To insinuate that the vast majority of the fanbase are torn apart by what's probably less than 3% of the entire OT is a little ill advised. The movies look awesome, and sound awesome, and there are some awesome special features. While I'd love to see the originals released, and I do respect the people who feel that they will not continue to bankroll Lucas' penchant for changes, I feel that a sizeable portion of the fanbase simply lets it roll off.

Robot Chicken, you're right. It does bring out the worst in a lot of people. It is quite sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011 9:58:29 AM PDT
KevinH1982 says:
George Lucas brings out the worst in us.

If he'd never altered the original trilogy, and had never made the prequels, there would likely be far less for people to complain about (I'm sure some would still find SOMETHING, though).

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 10:31:07 AM PDT
TF says:
Shmi Skywalker: You can't stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting.

I think from GL's POV this sums up the whole debate.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 10:38:40 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
Great news. So much for "poor sales" like some of the posters here have been saying.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 11:43:54 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
Here's some numbers...

--------------------------------------------

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7407

Variety is reporting that Star Wars has sold more than one million units in only a week on the markiet, shattering records for the high-definition format, and further cementing Blu-ray's dominance as the home video format of choice.

Despite an average list price of $79.99, the nine disc set generated more than $84 million in worldwide sales. U.S. sales accounted for $38 million of that total, with 515,000 units sold in North America.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011 11:44:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2011 11:45:19 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
That's awesome news! They're my favorite films, they deserve good sales numbers.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011 11:46:40 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Very well said, Sean D.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 12:57:37 PM PDT
blunt says:
Star Wars Blu Ray has quickly become the number-one pre-order and number-one Blu-ray catalog title of all time. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA all you complainers are worthless, sure you raged the most but that means nothing, all these worthless one star reviews are nothing, the real fans have no need to clog up comment sections, but they outnumber you all. Lucas was right only a small minority of people are haters, so now the fans proved themeless more powerful then you trolls. Now that this bit of news it out all you trolls are going to come up with dumb excuses like this one "People just line up in droves to hand over their hard earned cash for Lucas's scraps, no matter what he serves up.......not surprising in this crazy world. I'll bet 80-90% of those people who bought it were completely unaware of the changes that were made, and probably 50-60% of the sales were just casual fans or significant others of real fans who got it as a gift for someone....." HAHAHAHAHAH yeah right troll good one, no it's the real fans buying them.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 1:40:31 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
...and chances are a large number of those who DID buy it are also part of the crowd that was crying on the internet and giving it a 1-star review.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 1:43:21 PM PDT
Piper Maru says:
Your user name suits you, blunt.

You totally missed the point of the one star reviews.

Nice rant.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 3:18:31 PM PDT
ScoobyDooFan says:
What point was there other than insulting Lucas and spamming the review section?

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 5:33:30 PM PDT
W.Westphal says:
Blunt: Stop insulting people. It makes you look bad, and very troll like.

Anyway, I don't mind these changes. I am not buying it, I don't even have a blue ray. So why complain? I have the Star Wars movies. I can enjoy them. It saddens me that Star Wars does bring out the worst in many fans. Why can't we be more like Harry Potter fans, they are kind of the opposite.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 5:40:00 PM PDT
BE says:
Seriously, you are acting just as bad as the extremist on the other side act. I don't mind the changes, but don't rub the fact that these people aren't getting to see the theatrical releases of the movies they grew up with on Blu-ray. I certainly agree it was immature to post unhelpful 1 star reviews over and over, but they are asking for around 20 minutes to be restored back to their original forms in each movie. Sure, some of them will complain if they don't get a touch up on some things, but keep others the way it was, but don't be a jerk.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011 7:29:11 PM PDT
KevinH1982 says:
@blunt You call the one star reviewers "trolls". Well... as they say, it takes one to know one.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011 9:55:30 PM PDT
An W. says:
"Its too bad people buy **** products on name alone."

Indeed. My dad is big on buying certain brand names. When I was a kid he always tried to get me to wear everything Polo. I'd be like, "this shirt looks horrible." He'd respond, "No it doesn't! It's Polo so it's good!" Ugh...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  29
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Sep 22, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 25, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions