5.0 out of 5 stars A big hit in (and out) of our house!
Published on June 27, 2009 by Rardnek

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not live up to the hype
Published 14 months ago by Rextremdous

5.0 out of 5 stars A big hit in (and out) of our house!, June 27, 2009
This review is from: BluTrack 18' Starter Set (Toy)
I had never heard of "BluTrack" a couple of months ago, but when my soon to be 4yo son informed me he wanted a "race car party", I started researching the best tracks out there to race Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars on. I fully expected to buy a run-of-the mill Hot Wheels track at Toys R Us, but when I asked some veteran moms about their top picks, they pointed me towards BluTrack instead. It seemed like a lot of money to drop on a pretty simplistic looking toy, but I have to say, it has been a huge hit with both my kid & my hubby. Like the previous poster, it was a little "bumpy" coming out of the box, but we had no problem softening it up. It worked fine as is in the house, but when I moved it outside for the big race car party, the sun warmed it up and it got plenty smooth.

At our party, the track was a hit again with both the kids & their dads. I foresee getting a lot of use out of it, especially as my son gets older and can come up with different configurations on his own.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not live up to the hype, October 13, 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: BluTrack 18' Starter Set (Toy)
I really wanted to like these car tracks. I totally bought into the notion that these were going to allow more creative play than competing tracks. Unfortunately, after a month of trying to enjoy them we're giving up. If the temperature is below about 80 degrees, don't even bother pulling them out. Many of the positive reviews have all sorts of qualifiers and caveats about this but the simple fact is we shouldn't have to put them in warm water or wait 30 minutes for the track to soften or spend an hour trying to get the tracks to straighten out after storage. And even if it is warm enough and we have gotten the tracks to stop curling up at the end there is very little that can be done with these. It is, in theory, possible to make a loop but it requires a ridiculous amount of propping and stacking and even then you may only get one run before the tracks shift and you have to start over. Yes, of course that all sounds very creative and I too like the idea of coming up with inventive solutions to problems... but this unnecessarily complicated and frustrating. And if you look carefully at many of the photos online of the tracks in a loop configuration they strike me as defying the laws of physics. Lots of pictures but very few videos should have been a warning to me. The slightest bump, whether from something you have under the tracks or the transition from floor to rug will cause the cars to launch off the tracks. Really, the only practical thing these tracks can be used for is racing a couple of cars down in a straight line with (here's the creative part) a ramp at the end. That's it. Everything else is an exercise in frustration that has everything to do with the limitations of the product and little to do with creativity or imagination. Honestly, my son has had a way more enjoyable (and creative) time with a bag of the old school orange Hot Wheels tracks. These allow many different configurations as well as ramps and loops that actually (consistently) work. I've never written a review on Amazon and I hate the fact my first one is so negative but these have been a big disappointment to my family and I hope to save other families from similar frustration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toy My Son Ever Got!, October 9, 2013
This review is from: BluTrack 18' Starter Set (Toy)
My son has had this toy about two years now. Its a durable track, and the box makes it easy to store. The track fits most normal sized hot wheel and matchbox cars. We usually prop this up on a table or shelf, stick a book or something heavy on the top, unroll the product and stick something heavy at the bottom of the track and let it rip! Whenever family comes over this is one of the first toys most of the kids go for and they usually play really well together. I have taken this to my preschool classroom and have found that all of the children from 1.5-5 really enjoy just racing the cars down the track. We have never tried making loops or anything fancy with the toy. I was taken away by the price at first but with the amount of use we have gotten its well worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced for What you Get, January 21, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: BluTrack 18' Starter Set (Toy)
We purchased this for our 3 yo grandson, who is car-crazy, after reading the many positive reviews. It is a no frills product and somewhat difficult to use. It is just a rolled up two laned track that is fastened, in our case, to the window with a sturdy suction cup. I can only imagine how difficult it might be to unroll in cold weather, as it never completely uncurls in our temperate climate. Our grandson does enjoy shooting his hotwheels down the incline, but any loops have been disappointing. For half the price, I would be very happy, but over $50 for this seems way overpriced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Toy, October 8, 2012
This review is from: BluTrack 18' Starter Set (Toy)
We purchased this for our 2.5 year old who is showing an interest in cars. I was very surprised at the quality and durability of the toy, even with our child trying to walk on it and slide down it himself. We are letting him do his own thing with it and it is quickly becoming one of his favorite activities. It is of much higher quality than any competing products I've had experience with. We paid around $33 when we bought this, which seems fairly competitive for this length of track.

I would recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too hard to configure, January 22, 2014
Mattz (Westminster, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BluTrack 18' Starter Set (Toy)
I was excited about getting this for my son so we could build all sorts of race tracks. However, we found it so hard to configure in a workable configuration that we almost never use it. The track is too floppy so you have to support it every foot or two and we've found it almost impossible to make smooth curves that the cars will follow. The idea is great but in reality it's a pretty frustrating product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of Fun!, January 7, 2010
heather (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BluTrack 18' Starter Set (Toy)
This is such a fun toy! We got this for my three year old for Christmas, and he and his daddy have had so much fun setting it up in different arrangements, from across the living room, to down the stairs! Loads of fun. It's very durable, but easy to lay out, and the cars race down it with almost no resistance. It works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars a big hit, December 26, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: BluTrack 18' Starter Set (Toy)
I bought this after researching a replacement for the atrociously crappy other-brand track my kids had gotten as a gift.. that track was frustrating and I could never remember right away how it went back together, and it never worked right. I could see that there was something there, though, and we have a variety of different cars so when I saw this I thought it fit the bill. It does, perfectly. I got the ramps but they are not really needed. We could never get a car to complete a loop with the 18 feet of track, so we only use them as bumps and bridges which they do fine. The track itself came kinked but a little hot water and use fixed that. It is currently all over my hallway with various large objects underneath. All 3 of my kids (girls and boys) like them. Every single matchbox type car we own is in a pile in the foyer as they try to determine the fastest one. And the track is wide enough for the slightly larger non-matchbox ones too. I also find 18 feet to be just perfectly enough for us because all my kids really like to do is make a giant hill and watch the cars roll down or race them or see which car can get enough speed to go over the last big bump.

5.0 out of 5 stars USA All the Way., February 15, 2014
This review is from: BluTrack 18' Starter Set (Toy)
First off this Track is made in the USA and that is awesome! Secondly we wanted something long and strong to get the racing on! We have seen those tiny tracks made by other companies and I don't want none unless you've got track son. I like big tracks and I can not lie! You others can't deny That when a car drives on an itty bitty track you know thats whack. My kids love this thing and they play with it until the break of dawn. Just call me Sir-Drives-A-Lot. Peace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than we ever imagined! A MUST HAVE!, January 10, 2012
S. Bund (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BluTrack 18' Starter Set (Toy)
My 3yr & 5yr old sons have not stopped playing with this since christmas (2011), especially my 3yr old, he thinks this is the best toy ever! What they love most is that each track is wide enough to race almost any car or train they have. Their favorite course so far, is to suction to a window for a high ramp then use chairs, books, anything they find to make a bumpy fast race. My favorite is the compact clean-up, you just roll it up and that's it, super easy. The sticky Command Strips hooks work very well on the walls too. This is a must have for anyone, any age who likes to play or race with cars, trucks, or trains. They can't wait to play with it outside when the weather warms up.

BluTrack 18' Starter Set