5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for upgrading your PS3
Published on August 26, 2011 by Brian Lee Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, but died within 3 months.
I bought my drive on January 4th, 2011. I installed it about two weeks later, after having enough time to handle the downtime for this.

March 17th, 2011, it's dead. I got a click-click-click deathwhine, and after rebooting, it just never came back.

Published on March 17, 2011 by Kinookle

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for upgrading your PS3, August 26, 2011
This review is from: WD Blue 500 GB Mobile Hard Drive: 2.5 Inch, 5400 RPM, SATA II, 8 MB Cache - WD5000BPVT (Personal Computers)
I was getting fed up with my PS3 running out of space, so I looked it over online and found out this HD is a perfect fit your your PS3 (I don't have a slim, but I think they are the same HD size). The drive installed fast, the PS3 had a back up service that let me throw everything on a USB stick and I was up and running in under 30 minutes. I've downloaded tons of games onto it over the PSN and still have more space than I have used. Quick drive, great price, no issues so far!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, October 10, 2011
Arrived on time, in its packaging, and my PS3 accepted it perfectly. So for all of you who zipped to this product after reading the PS3 harddrive replacement instructions, this is what you are looking for.

Update: This hard drive is still working perfectly and I bought it over two years ago.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, but died within 3 months., March 17, 2011

WD is replacing it, but they're honoring the 3 year warranty from the creation date, not the purchase date; it was made in July, 2010, so I lost almost 6 months of my warranty.

This is the first WD I've had that's died, but due to the warranty policy I will likely not purchase another unless they change warranty date to registration date.

4.0 out of 5 stars WD over the other brands, May 20, 2013
I have many HDDs throughout the years, IBM, WD, Maxtor, Seagate, Hitachi, Toshiba. Generally of all the brands and models I have owned over the years, I have only had issues with Seagate. That is the only one I will definitely avoid currently. I know it is a small sample and may not be of much use compared to a large organization but to my data and use, it is of signification importance. This WD HDD works as expected as well as my many other WDs and for the meantime, I will continue to buy WD HDDs.

Please click YES if my review have been helpful to you, it will encourage me to continue writing and updating my reviews, and leave a comment if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer if I can be of help.

5.0 out of 5 stars great hard drive, August 2, 2012
I put this in my PS3. So you know when you buy this you have to go on the sony website and update the hard drive so it can install correctly in the PS3, otherwise you will get an error all day saying it cannot be installed. There you go 5 out of 5 because it works awesome and gave me 5 times more space on my PS3

5.0 out of 5 stars PS3 120gb slim hard drive was cook and buy this to fix, June 17, 2013
Work great, I just remove the old hard drive from my PS3 and replace with this and turn on the PS3, then my PS3 work like brand new again.
I don't need to tell you about the install to the PS3, there's video on youtube easier for you to follow.

It was easy as hell, just read and click yes if you want my opinion.

I think would be great for other laptop or computer that has dead hard drive too. I haven't try it, only try for my PS3 and my PS3 work like brand new again.

3.0 out of 5 stars 1st one defective. 2nd works but not for old fat ps3 60gb, September 10, 2011
ORIGINAL:
After reading some of the reviews of this HD I decided to give it a try. I was going to use it for replacing my older PS3 (Old Fat 60gb CECHK01) HD but it didn't work, actually I even tried using an enclosure just to make sure the HD was not defective but it didn't work either. I assume the HD is defective, I already contacted Amazon and they will send a replacement. I should be updating this review as soon as I get the new one.

EDIT 1:
Got the second disk, it worked this time, I know this because I replaced my other PS3's disk (Slim 120GB) and it was detected. I assume something in the hardware changed from the older Fat and the newer Slim, I've been reading and it seems this disk has a technology called "Advanced Format Drive" which is not compatible with my old PS3, I assume it does work with the Slim because some other reviewers said so. I order the previous version of this disk: "Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500 GB Bulk/OEM Hard Drive 2.5 Inch, 8 MB Cache, 5400 RPM SATA II WD5000BEVT", I will update this review as soon as I get and test this third drive. Wish me luck.

EDIT 2:
Got the third disk. It seems the WD5000BEVT works for me. So far I conclude this hard drive, might or might not work for the PS3 Slim, I can't confirm or deny it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hard drive value, January 13, 2011
I have bought 2 of these, 1 to replace a drive in my laptop the other for an apple tv upgrade. Both work great, very quiet, less heat than drives they replaced. I did a little research and found this was a slightly upgraded model over the BEVT modle, not anything crazy but it was only a couple dollars difference. If you need a great all around drive for great price this is a good one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Working Well in my Early 2009 17" MacBook Pro, March 4, 2013
I bought this hard drive to replace the stock drive in my MacBook Pro, which as giving signs of imminent failure. I had no trouble installing or formatting it and it is running beautifully as it is very quiet and fast. Amazon had the best price for it, too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disk errors began within 3 days of software installation, May 24, 2010
W. Gervasi (Orange County, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This was to be the replacement hard disk for my business notebook computer when the original 100GB drive ran out of space. I formatted the drive, installed software, and transferred all data to the new drive. Within 3 days, disk errors began to appear with the error message "Bad block detected; recovering file xyz". On day #6, the computer would no longer boot saying there were errors in the operating system itself. Running Recovery from the installation disk was not successful in restoring disk functionality and I was forced to put the old 100GB disk back into the computer, losing 6 days of business data.

Rate and Discover Movies