Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 16, 2010
Just so you get a sense of my cats tastes -
Foods he does not like include: Blue Buffalo Longevity dry cat food, Friskies canned food, anything chicken flavored, anything beef flavored, science diet canned food for kittens.
Foods he loves: Science Diet dry cat food, Spot's stew - salmon, BFF - any seafood flavor, Oceanfish canned food from Trader Joe's, Fancy Feast appetizers.

So if your cat has tastes similar to ours, odds are this one might be a hit with her/him.

My only issue with this food is that is has ash in it. Why?
Isn't Blue Buffalo supposed to be all natural?
Seeing Ash as one of the ingredients always unsettles me.

However, our vet said we need to start giving our 7 month old kitten canned food to increase his water intake. He is quite the fussbudget who instantly tried to bury food he doesn't like, so I am very grateful to find a product that is all natural (expect for the ash).

I just compared prices with Amazon and my local Petsmart, seems like you can save approx. 2 bucks if you buy this off amazon.

You might want to buy just one can from a petstore first though - to make sure your pet likes it.

I hope this helps.
on July 2, 2013
We have purebred Bengal and Savannah cats that are used to homemade raw meat diet. As cats are suppose to eat meat only diets and most store bought catfood is sooo bad for them especially dry food. We use mainly the raw diet homemade for them but occasionally when we are getting low I keep some canned food on hand to mix in to make it stretch until I have time to grind up their next batch. Well most canned food is like 10 %meat and the rest is starches and junk which makes our cats throw up since they are used to the other if they even will touch it since they are used to duck, salmon, turkey, chicken, venison or whatever we have on hand etc. I thought I' try this since it claims no grains or gluten and is mainly just meat which is what cats need as they are carnivors not omnivors like us and dogs they don't need veggies grains or all that processed filler....They loved this ate it just as quickly as their regular diet and it had no effects on their stools or stomachs definitly keeping this brand on hand!
on March 23, 2011
This Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon is 95% Salmon with just the extra needed to fill in the nutrition gaps for your kitties.
My babies LOVE the flavor and beg for it constantly. It smells tasty and keeps them extremely satisfied.
I keep buying out the local Petco - so glad to find it by the box on Amazon

I'm VERY careful about what I feed my little waifs. I mix the canned with dry:
Orijen dry cat food mixed with Wellness Core dry. They're both great, but I'm transitioning from Core to Orijen.. the ingredients are outstanding, not to mention being cat food of the year for the past three years running!
on May 23, 2011
We have 2 Bengals, male littermates, about 14 months old. They have been very finicky eaters so far so we were somewhat stuck with what the breeder had fed them. We decided to try some of the healthier canned foods for them to no avail until this brand was tried. They can't get enough of this salmon. They even like the Blue tuna too, though they have not liked much else. But actually I can put some of this salmon on top of other Blue food (like the seafood stew) and then they seem to like that well enough. I read an article about cat food preferences which stated that salmon is a favorite of cats and this is certainly true in the case of our boys. I am really happy I found this food for our cats.
on October 12, 2014
i secretly add this to my husband's post-workout shakes because i hate him. so far he hasn't noticed.
on April 16, 2015
My cat had not been eating due to he was not feeling well. Now that he is getting better he is eating again. I was told try him on this brand and I believe this is the food for him. Than you Blue Buffalo.
on October 27, 2015
My two cats have very sensitive stomachs. I have tried all kinds of canned cat food, but the cats either turned their nose up at it or the would vomit it up shortly after eating it. I finally bit the bullet and paid the higher price for Blue Buffalo Adult Cat Sensitive Stomach cat food. I bought a variety pack the first time, but they only seemed to like the salmon flavor. So, I bought a case of the salmon. Since they have been on this brand of cat food, the vomiting has stopped and they seem to like it. I guess my cats are blue Buffalo cats!
on March 5, 2015
Although I compliment this company for its fine product, my cat wouldn't have anything to do with it. I had to give it away - every can, and I don't know how many I bought - probably a case of 24, but I don't know for sure.

It seems my cat, Oreo, likes junk foods ONLY. And, even in the junk food category, he's fussy. I'm sorry that he didn't like your product but I'm sure it has nothing to do with the product itself. It has to do with Oreo himself.

I hope this review "explains" the two-star rating. It does NOT refer to the quality of the product. It refers to the quality of junk foods :( I'm sorry to say).
on December 25, 2014
I normally buy Blue Buffalo at the petstore and my cats love it. This is the first time I've ordered it online. Unfortunately, my cat turns her nose up at this. I don't know if it's because it's runny or she just doesn't like this flavor. This definitely is more runny and less solid than what we get at the petstore. So I guess I'll go back to buying it locally.
VINE VOICEon April 11, 2014
In fact once we got her on insulin and then changed her diiet for 1 year to Blue Buffalo her numbers improved so much that we no longer need to give her insulin injections. High protein and low carbohydrates. Luckily we found a local store that carries Blue Buffalo 6oz cans for less than 48 dollars..

See 1 answered question