5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Christmas by Diane Moody
Blue Christmas, the latest from author Diane Moody, reminds us that an innocent encounter, in a most average kind of place, has the potential to change lives forever. The author takes us on a well-crafted journey into the experiences, faith, and personalities of each of the characters. It is a journey I greatly enjoyed taking.

As a middle-aged (alright, perhaps...
Published on November 1, 2011 by Scott Ptak

2.0 out of 5 stars Twenny bopper nightmare.
If this was aimed at an adult audience, it missed the mark, maybe a tween might like it but I did not. I felt the bands wishy-washy stance on their belief in God was sad and showed no convictions to their professed beliefs. They did not want their Christianity to be "to much in the face of their fans".
Published 16 months ago by Deborrah Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Christmas by Diane Moody, November 1, 2011
Scott Ptak (Dalton, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Christmas (Kindle Edition)

As a middle-aged (alright, perhaps slightly older than middle-aged) man, this genre is not typically something I would dive right into - however, knowing the previous works of this author, I thought it best to put my personal preferences aside and give it a read.

I downloaded the book onto my iPad after getting into bed for the night, and I began to read - that was a big mistake. The next time I looked at the clock it was 2 am and I hadn't put it down. The book had captured me in a most unusual way and I looked forward to picking up where I'd left off the night before.

With her short story, Blue Christmas, author Diane Moody pulls back the curtain to reveal a novel with crisp character development, great plots and sub-plots, intrigue, faith, and playfulness.

As someone who reads a great deal, I am always intrigued by the finite number of words available to us, and the infinite number of ways those words can be placed alongside one another and woven into a story that will capture our heart, mind, and emotions. As the scope of work from this author continues to grow, it is becoming more evident with each subsequent novel and short story, that Diane Moody possesses the ability to place those words in a manner that brings great joy and satisfaction to her readers.

Blue Christmas is a book I would highly recommend giving to friends and family, of all ages, during the upcoming holiday season. It is a great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Christmas by Diane Moody, October 24, 2011
Amazon Customer "Joyful Reviews" (Pine Island, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Christmas (Kindle Edition)
In Blue Christmas, Diane Moody's latest release, old man is giving Hannah grief on Christmas Eve. (Think Scrooge) A moment later, the woman behind him in line rescues Hannah and changes her life forever.

Blue Christmas keeps up this toe-tapping pace clear to the end.

Hannah is invited into the world of rock and roll when she is introduced to her favorite band - a place many girls dream about, but few see. The author offers readers a fresh look at what it might be like between members of a musical team who truly care about each and are influenced by real faith.

Moody reveals the faith of her characters gently - no preaching here although I'm pretty sure Marissa (one of the characters I'd love to have a cup of coffee with) is capable of moving both hearts and mountains if given a chance to share her beliefs. The author knew her characters well and revealed their faith to readers so authentically, it felt real. I found myself thinking, "I know a kid like that."

I enjoyed Hannah very much, and found Laura to be the kind of strong woman I'd like to be, but I found myself drawn to the loyalty and sparkle of Kylie. And, the author included a vixen in a lipstick red dress - just when you think all is well - it is not.

While Blue Christmas is a fun, holiday romance, it is more. I could tell you all about that, but I'd rather you read the book and tell me what you discover between the delightfully designed cover or on the backlit pages of your e-Reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and fun, October 6, 2011
This review is from: Blue Christmas (Kindle Edition)
Even though this book was written for those much, much younger than I am, I could not put it down. I loved Laura and Frank and the family dynamics. The gathering around Jackson's bedside was so emotionally stirring. Then I laughed till I could not breathe at the sports car incident at the Sonic Drive-In. The author once again gave me a fun read with a happy ending.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Feel Good Story, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Blue Christmas (Paperback)
I was really surprised at how much I liked this book. I stayed up way too late to finish it, but it was worth it. Because I knew this started out as a project for the author's daughter, I thought the story would be entertaining but not polished. I was SO wrong! The editing was great, the dialog was natural and the story was very entertaining. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.

2.0 out of 5 stars Twenny bopper nightmare., July 29, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a fun book to read, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Blue Christmas (Kindle Edition)
When I was a young girl Davey Jones and the Monkees inhabited my daydreams,and my bedroom walls.This story is so well written that it was easy to imagine myself in Hannah's shoes.The lack of sexual scenes was very refreshing. Excellent reading!

2.0 out of 5 stars I would like to give more stars, December 2, 2012
This review is from: Blue Christmas (Kindle Edition)
I started reading this book, loving it, even though I am not a "God book" type of person. Why I gave it so few stars is because there are just such glaring issues with the grammar, typos and then at 23% the book went to where I could only read about 75% of the words in each sentence. When you can no longer read what the author wrote and have to make up words on your own then the story takes on a whole new meaning. I have tried removing it from my device and reloading it but no matter what it won't work.

I am hoping that there is a cure for it and they will send out an update so I can read this story and have the great experience it seems most of the rest of you have had with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nostalgic delight!, October 2, 2011
S Wilson (Salem, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Christmas (Kindle Edition)
We've all spun fantasies of being noticed by a 'boy in the band, and Blue Christmas not only delivers on the fantasy, but weaves an inspiring, faith-filled story sure to cure any holiday 'blues'. Such a fun read--just insert your own band crush no matter what the generation and revel in the sweet nostalgia!

3.0 out of 5 stars quick read, May 28, 2012
This review is from: Blue Christmas (Kindle Edition)
This book was an enjoyable quick read. The author did a good job introducing the characters in a way that you got to know them quickly. The story was a bit predictable but still enjoyable.

2.0 out of 5 stars ugh..., December 22, 2013
This review is from: Blue Christmas (Kindle Edition)
It went on and on and on...too juvenile for me. Perhaps teen girls would enjoy this but I sure did not.

Blue Christmas