‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars These are delicious!, May 17, 2014
D. Ro "BadKitty88" (Cypress,, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Diamond Almonds Bold Wasabi & Soy Sauce, Value Pack, 16-Ounce (Pack of 3) (Grocery)
Yummy. Very satisfying for a quick snack. Stocking up on these big bags. Everyone at work always digs in when these appear. Very flavorful, not too hot.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for when your nose is stopped up, May 8, 2014
is your nose stopped up? are you having trouble breathing? I have just what you need. take a handful, yes a handful, of these and pop them in your mouth. sure you're gonna be in tears after a few second but you'll be able to breathe. i love these things. they taste awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome flavor, August 3, 2013
Wish it was a bit cheaper though... The other flavors are a little less expensive, so must be the demand for the flavor vs. the almonds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, January 17, 2013
Son who is deployed to the Middle East absolutely loves these and they actually made it through snail mail! I need to send more!

5.0 out of 5 stars divine, December 29, 2012
these almonds are absolutely in my top 2 best snack foods ever. Who ever came up with these should win the Nobel peace prize and have ownership to 51% of the blue diamond company. I have been eating these since they came out and have not stopped. One day at work we decided to mix 3/4 of a bag of these with 1/4 bag of dried cranberrys called crazins . I had my doubts but trust me it is the greatest and healthist snack food Ever. Dont get me wrong they are fabulous the way they are but have some faith in this and you will be eating handfuls of flavored sushi. take the crazins and put them in the bag with the almonds and shake, then you have just found paradise and possibly the fountain of youth! Crazy good!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 9th favorite flavor, May 7, 2012
Diamond Almonds
Almonds are a good source of magnesium. One ounce contain approximately 20% of the RDA for an adult recommended dietary allowance (RDA)
Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) the amounts of selected nutrients considered adequate to meet the known nutrient needs of healthy people. The RDA is based on scientific knowledge and has been presented by a committee of the Food and Nutrition Board (FNB) of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS). The Canadian equivalent is the Recommended Nutrient Intakes. RDA is generally accepted throughout the world as a valid source of information. At least 40 different nations have as well as organizations have published standards similar to the RDA.

Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body and is essential to good health. Approximately 50% of total body magnesium is found in bone. The other half is found predominantly inside cells of body tissues and organs. Only 1% of magnesium is found in blood, but the body works very hard to keep blood levels of magnesium constant.
Magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keeps heart rhythm steady, supports a healthy immune system, and keeps bones strong. Magnesium also helps regulate blood sugar levels, promotes normal blood pressure, and is known to be involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis. There is an increased interest in the role of magnesium in preventing and managing disorders such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes. Dietary magnesium is absorbed in the small intestines. Are you taking enough magnesium in the diet? The recommended daily allowance is 300mgs/day for men, 350mgs for women. Magnesium is extremely safe by mouth - too much simply causes diarrhea. Try increasing the amount of magnesium you take by mouth until it causes diarrhea, then reduce the dose slightly so it does not. This is called taking magnesium to bowel tolerance (just like using vitamin C to bowel tolerance.

Almonds are a good source of Fiber.
One ounce contains approximately 12% of the RDA for an adult.
So, in summary, Almonds are a very healthy snack, so what's left to say?

Two things:
1st be cautious about "bowel tolerance" or "happy bowels" if you prefer.
2nd Taste. I realize that taste is a personal thing. That's why they make chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla.

Here's my current favorites"

1st Blue Diamond Dark mint dark chocolate (reminds me of the chocolate mint Girl Scout Cookies with less sugar).

2nd Blue diamond Dark Chocolate Oven Roasted
3rd Blue diamond Blue Butter Toffee
4thd Blue Diamond Almonds Bold Habanero BBQ (reminds me of BBQ potato chips again with less sugar).
5th Bold Blazin Buffalo Wing
6th Blue Diamond Almonds Cinnamon Brown Sugar
7th Blue Diamond Almonds Lime `n Chili
8th Blue Diamond Almonds Smokehouse
9th Bold Wasabi & Soy Sauce

But that's just me: you might have a completely different take on these flavors.
4th and 5th are very close.

Gunner
May, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME! BOLD! DELICIOUS!, May 3, 2012
These are SICK! I bought barbeque flavored almonds and chili/lime flavors just to distract others while I eat these amazing nuts. They are fairly salty, so I mix them with plain roasted almonds when indulging at home...but really, they are the most amazing party nuts you'll ever have. Trader Joes has a version that is a lot cheaper but not, to my mind, as good - not quite blow your face off tasty. Fortunately, some of my friends can only stomach mild flavors - otherwise I would be spending a fortune in nuts every time people come over.

Well done, Blue Diamond!

5.0 out of 5 stars Price????, March 8, 2012
I have to say these are absolutely addicting! I buy the wasabi & soy, bbq & habanero, and the lime and chili at the local grocery store for under $6/ 16oz bag when on sale. They're all fantastic with tons of flavor! Not sure about the price on Amazon though - for $50 I can get almost 3x the order locally when on sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE these Almonds w Wasabi & Soy!, November 23, 2011
Kent C. Dillon (NORTH CHATHAM, MA, US) - See all my reviews
I love sushi so I have always craved the combination of soy, wasabi and raw fish. I never would have though that wasabi would go well with nuts. But these almonds are spectacular! I have to be careful not to eat too many at once. I don't know how long these combos have been on the market, but I think they are brilliant. I also like the Lime and Chili and the Habanero BBQ. But the Wasabi and Soy is my # 1 favorite! Thank goodness that almonds are good for you. And even though they have a lot of kick, all three flavors are low in sodium.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, November 23, 2011
J. Chin (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
These almonds are absolutely delicious. My only complaint is that the resealable bag can be difficult to close and sometimes pops open, which is a problem for me as I like to take these almonds everywhere I go in my backpack.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›