5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!
Published on June 3, 2003 by D. Lee

2.0 out of 5 stars I Don't Get the Hype
I didn't get what was so great about this cd. Most of the songs were too repeative with nothing interesting going on. Avoid purchasing if you don't like chillout music with singing.
Published on September 5, 2005 by The River

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!, June 3, 2003
This review is from: Blue Light One (An Upstairs Recording Compilation) (Audio CD)
"Blue Light One" was one of those CDs that I would walk pass in the record store a ga-zillion times before finally saying, "Oh, what the H-E- double hockey sticks? I've bought disappointing CDs before. Why not?" Much to my surprise this CD sounded better than a lot of the chillout CDs I own. It never leaves my CD player at night before retiring for the evening. "Blue Light One" doesn't feature often overused songs from well-knowns, nor does it bore the bejesus outta you with songs that have been remixed and called "all new tracks." "Blue Light One" gives you creamy and sultry songs with dance floor appeal from E.D. Swanks, The Verbrilli Sound, Greg Long (with a killer Baby Mammoth remix)--although the original mix by Long from his album "Balance" sounds just as good--POM, The Kinetic Kid and a host of others that I'm not quite familiar with, but am interested in hearing more from. "Blue Light One" is yet another comp CD every chillout fan should own!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compilation. Eclectic and unique., December 12, 2005
I'm baffled as to what 'The River' is talking about in his review below. There's only one track with vocals on the Blue Light One CD. Did he even listen to it?? Makes me wonder.
Blue Light One is a varied and eclectic collection of tracks. A compilation that is not shy to give listeners something different in an otherwise homogonous bland world of chillout compilations. Clearly the people at Upstairs want to take listeners on a sublime journey to uncharted territory with this compilation.
It's a 'grower' that deserves multiple listens - it just gets better and better the more I listen to it. The whole compilation is programmed a lot like a DJ mix with all the tracks fitting almost perfectly together. Absolute bliss. I highly recommend the Blue Light One compilation.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for chill out fans, September 12, 2002
By A Customer
An excellent compilation of chill grooves. I particularly enjoyed the William Caslon track.

4.0 out of 5 stars Willy Caslon Experience, August 15, 2002
"blackdog23" (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
Must have mix for any DJ or any true fan of good electronica. Lots of original rhythms and beats. Check out the two tracks by the Willy Caslon Experience

2.0 out of 5 stars I Don't Get the Hype, September 5, 2005
The River (Minooka, IL United States) - See all my reviews

Blue Light One (An Upstairs Recording Compilation)
Blue Light One (An Upstairs Recording Compilation) by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2010)