5.0 out of 5 stars The Pop Rocks with the Yeti
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:36 Mins
This is a quick video on how to install this on the YETI Microphone. There have been a lot of videos produced to say that the POP filter doesn't work with the mic, but it does, and the attachment is rock solid for desktop use.
Published on July 19, 2012 by Smoothbassman

2.0 out of 5 stars Pop Filter Terrible Fit with Blue Yeti Mic
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:57 Mins
I ordered this pop filter from Blue assuming it would be a perfect fit for my Blue Yeti mic based on the Amazon recommended "buy together" feature. Don't do it! You know what they say when you assume!

Published on November 3, 2010 by Alan Petersen

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pop Rocks with the Yeti, July 19, 2012
This review is from: Blue Microphones The Pop Universal Pop Filter (Electronics)
Length:: 1:36 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars "THE POP" IS FANTASTIC!!!, February 12, 2010
This is a fantastic pop filter. An issue I've experience with a couple of pop filters is that they tend to mute the sibilants too much, so the "S" sounds as if you're wearing braces. That's not the case with "THE POP". Sibilants and "T"s sound very well defined, while at the same time preventing unwanted extra energy with these sounds.

This pop filter keeps all the natural detail, texture and nuance of your voice while at the same time preventing popping sounds from developing.

The goose-neck is very sturdy, stable and very flexible. I don't have any issues with it mounted on the excellent Heil boom arm or the desk stand included with the SNOWBALL mic.

The mesh is actually a two-layer design, both made out of metal. There is a fine metal mesh laid on top larger patterned metal mesh. So your mic is well protected.

"THE POP" works extremely well with the SNOWBALL usb microphone and other usb microphones I've tried.

I've tried a few pop filters, and this one is simply the best design and the best performer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop is a GREAT fit for Yeti, February 3, 2011
After reading the reviews about the lengths people went to to install the Pop on their Yeti mic I started to look elsewhere. On a whim, I tweeted @bluemicrophones to confirm the need to modify the filter or mic to make it work. They replied in the negative, with photographic evidence. I am SO happy I double-checked. The filter goes on very easy, unmodified, and makes a nice accessory for the mic. I have added a couple of pictures to show it installed. It DOES limit how far back you can tilt the mic, but it can still tilt back plenty for my use.

The pads on the bracket are not sufficient for the Yeti, however. Since the rail you are attaching to is curved, you get a little metal-on-metal action on the rail that can lead to scratches. That is my only complaint. The filter also looks great.

I have a more extensive review of installation on my web site, blue collar design dot com, and will put together a more complete review on the gadgeteer dot com. But for now... highly recommended to Yeti owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars The POP is the TOP !!!, January 10, 2010
I'm not sure why the previous negative reviewer called this overbuilt(???) but this is a professional, all metal heavy duty pop filter that is widely used in many high end studios typically selling for $70-$100. I bought mine here for $28.10 and now it's priced at lower $24.63!!! This is the typical price for the cheap plastic pop filters that keep falling off mic stands. I have a large diaphragm condenser mic which works excellent with the large Blue Pop. Check other websites for reviews on the Blue Pop and you will find that this one is clearly the winner!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting the Pop Filter to mount on the stand, January 18, 2012
Length:: 0:11 Mins

I read many reviews of how the pop filter did not fit on the mic, but liked how it looked so bought it. The filter comes with a mount that is ONLY designed for a mic stand, not the tabletop stand the mic comes with. I bought a simple metal mending plate from a hardware store and used the existing screws to attach everything. Great mic by the way, and I love the filter and the mic together on my desk.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this filter, especially with my Blue Yeti, July 18, 2011
Length:: 2:12 Mins

This filter works well, has a very low profile, and looks great with the Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone. At least I think so, with my duct tape and cable tie mounting solution. (Don't criticize just yet.) The attached video is actually for my review of the Yeti but it also shows details of what I think is a great way to connect this filter to it.

(It also gives you a chance to compare the sound between the Yeti and the Blue Microphones Snowball USB Microphone (White) if your are considering either of those.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pop Filter, Attached to Yeti Easily w/ Anti-Friction Padding, March 22, 2012
Aaron (San Francisco, California, US) - See all my reviews
I prepared when I got this filter in the mail because I knew that a lot of people were having problems with this and their Yeti. I saw all these crazy ideas for drilling holes and adding brackets, but I found a simple solution that lets me attach the filter without scratching the Yeti or having to do any real additional work.

I posted a bit about it on my blog, but here are the instructions:

I cut a 2"x2" piece of anti-friction padding (this type): Type S AC30272-60/6 Custom Trim Non-Slip Mat

and just attached the Pop Filter as blue advertises (on the very back of the stand facing up) and it doesn't fall, slip or move at all. I can pick it up and move it around freely without any problems at all.

Hope this helps. The anti-slip pad makes it fit like a glove and protects it from scratches, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy fix to mount the BLUE pop filter to the Yeti microphone, March 30, 2012
I purchased the BLUE Yeti microphone to start recording audiocasts for my company Seven Wellness. I read several reviews that recommended using a pop filter. All the reviews I read said that BLUE's pop filter is not mountable to the Yeti. I ordered the BLUE brand pop filter anyway and figured out how to make it fit without using tools or even needing additional parts. I did use a small rubber washer, but it wasn't necessary. You can make this change and fit it easily on your Yeti in about 90 seconds. NO drilling or scratching your Yeti mic stand.

** I created a video review to show you, but Amazon's video uploader is not working so if you'd like to see how to make this fit you can look up my video on YouTube under 'SevenWellness' - 'blue yeti and pop filter modification'

2.0 out of 5 stars Pop Filter Terrible Fit with Blue Yeti Mic, November 3, 2010
Alan Petersen (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Length:: 1:57 Mins

It's a terrible fit. I can't believe these are made by the same company. I spent several minutes fiddling with the pop filter and no way could I make it fit with the Yeti. I even ended up scratching the Yeti base a bit trying to put this pop filter on.

I then came back to the Amazon review page and noticed folks are drilling holes into the Yeti mic stand (yikes) and ordering extra brackets to make it fit. I should have read those reviews before I ordered it.

This could be the best pop filter in the world but what good is if I can't attach it to the mic. Amazon should not be recommending this pop filter as an add-on to the Yeti.

I've attached a video with my work-around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Took Away All Pops with Blue Yetti, November 3, 2010
As much as I love my Blue Yetti microphone for great professional smooth full body sound at Achieve Radio, I still had Popping sounds when saying "P's". First went to a foam cover. Sort of worked but not really. THEN I WENT TO THIS. Now I am completely Pop Free. Attaches to base of my Blue Yetti microphone with a screw, and at times needs to be tightened before shows. No problem.

Blue Microphones The Pop Universal Pop Filter