Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Blue Microphones The Pop Universal Pop Filter
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on July 19, 2012
This is a quick video on how to install this on the YETI Microphone. There have been a lot of videos produced to say that the POP filter doesn't work with the mic, but it does, and the attachment is rock solid for desktop use.
1313 comments|156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2011
After reading the reviews about the lengths people went to to install the Pop on their Yeti mic I started to look elsewhere. On a whim, I tweeted @bluemicrophones to confirm the need to modify the filter or mic to make it work. They replied in the negative, with photographic evidence. I am SO happy I double-checked. The filter goes on very easy, unmodified, and makes a nice accessory for the mic. I have added a couple of pictures to show it installed. It DOES limit how far back you can tilt the mic, but it can still tilt back plenty for my use.

The pads on the bracket are not sufficient for the Yeti, however. Since the rail you are attaching to is curved, you get a little metal-on-metal action on the rail that can lead to scratches. That is my only complaint. The filter also looks great.

I have a more extensive review of installation on my web site, blue collar design dot com, and will put together a more complete review on the gadgeteer dot com. But for now... highly recommended to Yeti owners.
review image review image
33 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2010
This is a fantastic pop filter. An issue I've experience with a couple of pop filters is that they tend to mute the sibilants too much, so the "S" sounds as if you're wearing braces. That's not the case with "THE POP". Sibilants and "T"s sound very well defined, while at the same time preventing unwanted extra energy with these sounds.

This pop filter keeps all the natural detail, texture and nuance of your voice while at the same time preventing popping sounds from developing.

The goose-neck is very sturdy, stable and very flexible. I don't have any issues with it mounted on the excellent Heil boom arm or the desk stand included with the SNOWBALL mic.

The mesh is actually a two-layer design, both made out of metal. There is a fine metal mesh laid on top larger patterned metal mesh. So your mic is well protected.

"THE POP" works extremely well with the SNOWBALL usb microphone and other usb microphones I've tried.

I've tried a few pop filters, and this one is simply the best design and the best performer.
on January 10, 2010
I'm not sure why the previous negative reviewer called this overbuilt(???) but this is a professional, all metal heavy duty pop filter that is widely used in many high end studios typically selling for $70-$100. I bought mine here for $28.10 and now it's priced at lower $24.63!!! This is the typical price for the cheap plastic pop filters that keep falling off mic stands. I have a large diaphragm condenser mic which works excellent with the large Blue Pop. Check other websites for reviews on the Blue Pop and you will find that this one is clearly the winner!!!
on January 18, 2012
I read many reviews of how the pop filter did not fit on the mic, but liked how it looked so bought it. The filter comes with a mount that is ONLY designed for a mic stand, not the tabletop stand the mic comes with. I bought a simple metal mending plate from a hardware store and used the existing screws to attach everything. Great mic by the way, and I love the filter and the mic together on my desk.
on March 22, 2012
I prepared when I got this filter in the mail because I knew that a lot of people were having problems with this and their Yeti. I saw all these crazy ideas for drilling holes and adding brackets, but I found a simple solution that lets me attach the filter without scratching the Yeti or having to do any real additional work.

I posted a bit about it on my blog, but here are the instructions:

I cut a 2"x2" piece of anti-friction padding (this type): Type S AC30272-60/6 Custom Trim Non-Slip Mat

and just attached the Pop Filter as blue advertises (on the very back of the stand facing up) and it doesn't fall, slip or move at all. I can pick it up and move it around freely without any problems at all.

Hope this helps. The anti-slip pad makes it fit like a glove and protects it from scratches, too.
This filter works well, has a very low profile, and looks great with the Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone. At least I think so, with my duct tape and cable tie mounting solution. (Don't criticize just yet.) The attached video is actually for my review of the Yeti but it also shows details of what I think is a great way to connect this filter to it.

(It also gives you a chance to compare the sound between the Yeti and the Blue Microphones Snowball USB Microphone (White) if your are considering either of those.)
on March 30, 2012
I purchased the BLUE Yeti microphone to start recording audiocasts for my company Seven Wellness. I read several reviews that recommended using a pop filter. All the reviews I read said that BLUE's pop filter is not mountable to the Yeti. I ordered the BLUE brand pop filter anyway and figured out how to make it fit without using tools or even needing additional parts. I did use a small rubber washer, but it wasn't necessary. You can make this change and fit it easily on your Yeti in about 90 seconds. NO drilling or scratching your Yeti mic stand.

** I created a video review to show you, but Amazon's video uploader is not working so if you'd like to see how to make this fit you can look up my video on YouTube under 'SevenWellness' - 'blue yeti and pop filter modification'
on September 30, 2011
First of all, let me say, from some of the pictures I have seen posted of this Pop Filter, when put on a Yeti mic stand, the clamp will fit on the stand as pictured. This is a design flaw, not with the Pop Filter, but with the Yeti stand, as this filter has been around long before the Yeti came out. Blue, or a clever do it yourself person, could easily fix it, by drilling more holes into the side of the clamp mount. Then you could move it forward and simply screw the side mic mount screws into the stand. There are many great pictures of other clever fixes, as well. Since I have mine hanging upside down, on a boom stand attached to a Blue Radius Shock mount, this is not an issue for me, but I will say it is a problem Blue should fix. (I have written an addendum on the bottom, for a great fix.) Other brands of filters will give the same, if not more problems. I am not going to knock any stars off, because I'm reviewing the filter itself, which is superb and how it works for me.

Now for the meat. This is a studio grade, high quality product, all metal, except for the two tightening knobs. The dual screen design eliminates any plosives, P's and B's for example, better than any screen I have used so far. This is especially true when, the screen distance is about an inch from the Yeti capsule screen, and you are 4 to 6 inches away from the unit itself, which I have found to be the Yeti's sweet spot in the Cardioid pattern. Next the silk screened Blue logo also helps you find the sweet spot, if you place it in front of the capsule area. I like the idea of a metal screen, especially if you are transporting it, you won't have to worry about snagging,or runs, as you do with the cloth filters. Speaking of old cloth filters, I have a Neumann, which is about 12 years old, a very nice screen as well, but it does not cut the pops as well as the Blue, especially if you get closer to the mic and screen. Also when reading copy, or maybe music, I can see over and through the Blue filter, much better than the round 6 & 1/4 inch jobs Like the Neumann. You can contort the neck of the filter in any position easily, cheaper filters I have used in the past, will creep back into unwanted positions, the Blue behaves. The Blue Pop is absolutely transparent, no muffling, as with foam filters, The curved design of the Blue Filter also protects the sides from plosives and possible proximity errors of a poorly placed screen or none at all. The screen is a solid build, as are all of the Blue products I have used so far. It also fits the look of the Yeti and Radius Shock Mount like a glove. Surprisingly, I paid a little over $30.00 on Amazon, a real bargain in my mind, for such high quality. This filter is for all the Blue Microphones by the way, and I am going to use it on my entire collection of mics!

10/7/11 Addendum

If you need to use the Yeti as a table top mic, especially if you are using a shock mount and pop filter (any brand), I would suggest buying a Samson SAMD5 MD5 Desktop Mic Stand, which works great for this set up!
review image
on September 5, 2015
I wanted to write a review of this pop filter because there are a lot of questions on here about how or whether it can attach to the Blue Yeti mic.

Yes, it can. BUT...you have to make your own solution.

I'm attaching a few photos so you can see what I did. The clamp it comes with is designed for a cylindrical mic stand. As others have pointed out, there's no such surface on a Yeti mic.

I just went out to the garage and found this bit of metal on my bench. It's actually just the visor clamp off a garage door opener that I didn't need anymore. I cut off the flat part and drilled 2 of the existing holes with a 1/4 in. bit. I used this as a bracket for the pop filter's adjustable arm. It works perfectly. But this really shouldn't be necessary with an item at this price.

The filter works well and looks great. I would've given it 5 stars, but there's really no excuse for Blue's own pop filter to NOT attach out of the box to one of their own microphones. Especially one of their most popular mics. And especially at this price. It would cost them what? A penny? To add this simple little piece of metal with 2 holes in it. Or, better yet, a suitable flat-surface clamp that can be used on their own Yeti mic.
review image review image review image