5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT
What's not to love about this bag?
As a daily bus-rider, my tote MUST zip shut all the way across -- and this one does.
The other MUST: handles that are long enough to go over my shoulder -- A+ here, again.
The shiny colors are amazing in the oh-so-pretty and cool graphics.
Published on August 2, 2011 by Ma Ria

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous but clumsy access
Kills me to return this bag. The art design and bright colors pop. The size is terrific, but the construction design doesn't work for me at all. Bummer. Even left unzipped...the opening isn't wide open making access to contents.

Published on December 26, 2012 by Heather LaRee

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT, August 2, 2011
This review is from: Blue Q - Moon Garden Shoulder Tote (Kitchen)
What's not to love about this bag?
The shiny colors are amazing in the oh-so-pretty and cool graphics.
The recycled material seems incredibly durable and water resistant. It is also somewhat rigid, which keeps the bag upright when set down, another feature I like very much.
I hope to be loving this bag for months and months to come. Thank you, Blue Q!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good tote, but there are two different sizes listed here., October 13, 2011
At the time of this review, there are two distinct totes listed on this page. The Blue Q website lists them as "tote" and "shoulder tote". The "tote" is 8.5"w x 10.5"h x 4"d and is sort of an oversize lunch bag with straps at the top. The "shoulder tote" is 15"w x11"h x 6.25"d, has a chunky zipper on top, a small pocket on the front, straps that are sewn down the sides and under the bottom, and is shaped like a (very) small suitcase.

In short, the only thing these bags have in common is the brand and the materials - which might explain some of the "so roomy"/"much smaller than I expected" reviews. I can't believe Amazon only lists the size for the large bag. But then again, I can't believe they have them both listed on the same page without differentiating them.

Now on to the review. We've had the Marshall the Marshmallow (shoulder tote) bag for almost a year and it's been surprisingly handy. We use it for weekly swim lessons and it's been great: relatively water proof for when my daughter drags it through the shower, big enough zipper to get towels in and out, and easily identifiable amid a giant pile of kids' bags. It's starting to look a little worn, but chlorine ruins everything. It's also a good beach bag, though not really big enough for the whole family.

The design is colorful and fun (well, except for the slight creepiness of an anthropomorphized marshmallow roasting other anthropomorphized marshmallows) with a sort of kitschy Japanese/Retro look. Various extended family members keep trying to steal it - it's that cute and handy.

It's reasonably sturdy - for a woven polypropylene bag. Good for sleepovers or any other activity that requires a change of clothes (yoga class). I wouldn't fill it with library books or cans and expect it to hold.

4/5 stars because ultimately, it's still a plastic bag that's made in China. Yes, it's 95% post consumer waste and they donate 1%, but you're still paying $15 for a cute design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright bag, September 3, 2011
This review is from: Blue Q - Moon Garden Shoulder Tote (Kitchen)
I really love this bag. A lot smaller than I thought :). But its very durable and easily wiped clean. It is plastic material. That was one thing I was unaware of. Other than that. I use this bag for work and I always take all my stuff with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this bag!, August 24, 2012
A. Lowell (Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
It is a beautiful product and it is perfect for me. It's big enough to carry my personal items (I got their cute zipper pouch for it), my lab coat, my change of clothes, my ipad, my textbook, binder, my wallet, coupon organizer, a little snack and pencil case. I was going to use it a recyclable tote for groceries after I was done with class, but it's too cute for that. :) I do wish it had an interior pocket, but not enough give it less than 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars great bag!, May 13, 2012
its exactly as the picture and made with a sturdy material. i like how it is deep as well as wide. and the straps are long enough to wear over your shoulder. very good to use as a shopping bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy!, January 29, 2011
This review is from: Blue Q - Moon Garden Shoulder Tote (Kitchen)
I'm very pleased with this tote. It's a good size and I like that it zips. Not to mention that it's just gorgeous and the colors on it are so vibrant. I haven't used it enough to know how durable it is but I'm expecting it to last quite a long time. My only worry is that the plastic zipper might not hold up. A good buy either way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect inconspicuous camera bag!, April 21, 2012
This review is from: Blue Q - Moon Garden Shoulder Tote (Kitchen)
Buy the Tenba camera bag padded insert - it fits perfectly inside this bag. Now you don't look like a dorky muggable photographer. Your SLR camera is protected from the elements. Plenty of room for other things, too. It is quite comfortable and ergonomic on the shoulder. Extremely lightweight yet durable.

And it fits perfectly under the airplane seat.

$15 seemed pricey for an ecobag, but the zipper hasn't broken, and it feels more secure. I used it on an 8 day trip through England, and there is plenty of wear left in it.

I wish they made a plain black or royal blue one, however. Pattern is too bright, girly, feminine.

Wipe clean, and it's not so nice that you worry about putting it on the floor in a grimy environment. You know how you worry about doing that with a "nice" bag.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous but clumsy access, December 26, 2012
Heather LaRee (Central Coast, California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Blue Q - Moon Garden Shoulder Tote (Kitchen)

Annoying as the top/sides (flanking the zipper) scrape the hand and just doesn't open wide. Guess I'm too sensitive... sigh. gotta let it go.

Love everything else about it...but knew it wouldn't work for me. =(

Appreciate you, Amazon, for being so flexible with returns.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Quality Control, October 23, 2012
This review is from: Blue Q - Moon Garden Shoulder Tote (Kitchen)
Nice size for carry on. Quality control poor, one side had missing stitches. I sewed together myself, seems to be ok now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tote tends to be a bit 'noisy', November 28, 2011
First off, i DO really like this tote. The size. The pattern. The fact it's from recycled material. BUT....

Because it's from recycled plastic, it is a bit 'noisy'. Crunchy is the best way i can describe it. I bought it to use as a carry on when i go on a trip next month. Will stash some munchies in there along with a small purse and magazines. I'm sure everyone sitting in my area on the plane will know every time I get into it because of it's 'crunchiness'. (I don't know what other adjective to use to describe it)

Also, the zipper is wide and plastic. It is a bit difficult to zip and unzip. That may be because of the stiffness of the plastic, not really a big deal to me.

Overall, I'm pleased with the tote.

Blue Q - Moon Garden Shoulder Tote