Blue Moon (The Immortals, Book 2)
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$9.18 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-10 of 65 reviews (4 star)show all reviews
on July 10, 2009
Format: Paperback
In my opinion, this book failed to be as good as the first one. It started out good, but then everything just goes downhill from there.
Blue Moon was hugely depressing. I ended up scanning pages because the book was boring at times and just sad. Ever makes some interesting choices in this book and they aren't the best ones. The book ends pretty much where it started; Ever and Damien are still trying to figure out their relationship.
Overall, it was an okay book and as a fan of the series, I'm glad that I read it. I still recommend reading Blue Moon if you read the first one, but don't be surprised when things get a little weird. Hopefully the next book will tie things up and the story will be more developed.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 18, 2012
Format: Paperback
I have to say that I'm really glad Drina is gone. Nothing like a psycho stalker ex girlfriend hell bent on killing you to ruin the mood. I swear, some chicks just don't get it. And of course life couldn't just go on, there had to be something else in the works that put a strain on Ever and Damen's relationship. What is it about guys getting sick that makes them so guarded? Like we aren't going to love you anymore just because you're having a weak moment? Damen really pisses me off sometimes, but when he's having his good days I think he's great for Ever. Now if only he could stay happy and quit bitching.

I love the direction this plot went. Suddenly there's a new guy in town and everyone starts acting crazy. Is it because of him, or has everyone just lost their mind at the same time? I dunno, with everything that's happened to Ever I probably would have disappeared. Her family is gone, her aunt doesn't understand her, her boyfriend of six hundred years looks like he might die and all of her friends have turned against her. Seriously, who can maintain themselves after all of that? Ever is one tough chick and I love her because of it. However, her dependence on Damen kinda irks me but I have to remind myself that's typical for teenage love.

Another 4 stars for Noel. Again, not the greatest book but I like the uniqueness of the story so much that I want to know more. It's a good quick read, which always works for me!
on September 30, 2009
Format: Paperback
As a sequel to Evermore, I hoped this book was going to be even better than the first one; but I have to say I was a little disappointed, Alyson Noel did a great job with Evermore, but the second book on the series is not as good. To me it looked like some of the chapters are just filling material with no purpose whatsoever; this makes the book a little bit tedious, the fact that Ever makes so many wrong choices based purely on her own insecurity is not so interesting. You know since she found her self-esteem improving on the first book I thought she was going to be a stronger character on the second book, however she seemed to go back instead of evolve. Interesting reading; not so good of a plot.
on October 13, 2011
Format: Paperback
Blue Moon is the 2nd installment in the Immortals Series by Alyson Noel. I have to say that it is my favorite of the series so far. You really get to delve into the romantic and intimate parts of Ever and Damen's relationship in the first half of this book. Honestly, I enjoyed this book so much I couldn't put it down. I loved how "in love" Ever and Damen are and the internal struggle to take their relationship to the next level. I was eager to see if and when they would finally be one and how far their relationship would go.

The only downfall to this book, and really the entire series, is the fact that is can be predictable. After reading the story for just a little, you can pretty much figure out who the bad guy is and what is going to happen. Ever struggles with figuring out right from wrong and dealing with her own insecurities and trust issues, while learning about Damen and her past. Damen's role is pretty much non-existent in the second half of the book due to his "illness" and we meet a new character, Roman, who adds quite a twist to the whole story.

The key thing about this book is how Ever gets the chance to change her life and possibly stop that fatal accident with her family. We get to see whether she chooses a life without Damen or a life without her family, although the outcome is fairly obvious, the way it leads to that is something you don't really expect. I also didn't like how Ever can be so selfish sometimes and, possibly, a bit dumb, in that she can't see the bigger picture and can't learn who to trust. It really is her downfall and how the book is able to progress so far, I suppose.

Even with the book's predictability and Ever's character being a little bit annoying, I enjoyed the storyline and couldn't put the book down, wondering what would happen next. Alyson does a good job of making you want to know more, despite the obvious flaws.
on July 22, 2012
Format: Paperback
This book was a little less believable than the first. I know that sounds odd, because its fantasy. However, I like to feel like the fantasy is real. That sense of realism provides we with an escape. What seemed unlikely and wasn't described very well was the world of Summerland, the place where you go when you die. Or if you're at all like Damen, you find your way there. Nevertheless, this book had an amazing plot going for it, even if it wasn't as well thought out as it could've been. I found the book to be addictive and could not put it down, even when I desperately needed to.
The story picks up where Evermore left off. Ever is in a serious relationship with Damen, and despite a few oddities like him feeling under the weather and a creepy new student at their school, things are looking great. They have reservations at a fancy location to seel the deal; to make their relationship official or in other words finally have sex. Years and years of her returning to Damen in each of her past lives, they've never reached so far as to have sex, thanks to his ex Drina. Stupidly, I thought it was finally going to happen and I was so anxious to see what it was going to be like --- would Damen still like her after he finally got her pants off? Of course, the author just loves to make the reader wait, so what happens next is highly frustrating. Damen just up and splits. He leaves Ever on the night they are supposed to have sex, without so much as a word of goodbye.
Turns out, that creepy new student, Roman? Well, he's a pretty nasty guy, and not in the good way. (Although I did find myself highly attracted to him....despite how much of an ass he is.) Roman has the whole mystery thing going for him, and you never quite know what he's up to. Why he's doing what he's doing. But he is turning the whole school, including Damen, against Ever. Damen is sick and retreating to a mortal, aura and all.
To save Damen's life, Ever must go to the psychic Ava who insists she can be trusted. Ava for whatever unknown reason already knows about Summerland and practically falls over herself when Ever takes her there. For a character that has the maturity to help a soul move on, she sure lacks maturity when it comes to Summerland. Ava goes from a mature, almost mother-like character, to a flighty, unreliable character. I didn't like this change, as it made very little sense, and I hope the next book introduces us to Ava again and explains her sudden change. Summerland is great, but that's no reason to act the way she did in Blue Moon.
Taking Ava to Summerland, Ever discovers a side of that world that she never saw before. She meets twins Romy and Rayne who guide her, yet she's not sure if she can trust them. Nevertheless, the guide her to the answers she needs. She is then faced with an option that really is never fully explained either, but she can either save Damen, her on true love, or go back in time to save her family from the accident that took their lives; that should've taken Ever's.
Due to the lack of explanation about Ava, manifesting, and time travel...this book loses one star, however, due to its addictive quality it gets four stars. It's really a wonderful sequel to Evermore. I intend to read (and review) the whole series. This book is totally worth the read if you liked the first one!
Format: Paperback
Blue Moon continues Alyson Noel's Immortals series shortly after Evermore left off -- with new Immortal, Ever, learning about her new gifts and her new eternal life under the guidance of her soul mate, Damen. She's enjoying finally being with Damen after 400 years and multiple star-crossed lifetimes, and is ready to finally take their relationship to the next level. (Yes, that level.)

Unfortunately for Ever (and perhaps fortunately for parents of younger fans of the series), the young couple has even more hurdles standing in the way of their togetherness. A strange new guy arrives at school and quickly draws the entire student body under his magnetic spell, but his attentions are set on Ever. At the same time, Damen begins to unexplicably weaken, losing his powers, his memories and even his basic personality in the process. To heal him and restore her life back to normal, Ever begins to explore her own special abilities. With the help of old friends and new, she must travel back to the Summerlands-- and maybe even turn back time.

I enjoyed this second novel in the Immortals series. Ever is sometimes frustrating, and makes a lot of impatient-teen-girl choices, but her actions are always in line with her character and personality. Damen was a little flat and underused in this story, and readers that loved the passionate, romantic tension of the couple in the first installment may miss that element in Blue Moon. But as a trade off, readers learn much more about Noel's world, including the mysteries of the Summerlands and its residents, Damen's past and the origins of the Immortals.

I think Blue Moon builds the Immortals story well, and doesn't suffer from much "sophomore series slump." However, I have to say, I wasn't wild about the big twist at the end. I'll be interested to get my hands on The Shadowlands so I can see how Ever and Damen overcome their newest hurdle.
Format: Paperback
Blue Moon is the second installment to The Immortals series. In it we are once again brought into the world of Ever and Damen and about two weeks after Evermore's conclusion. Ever is now learning to deal with her newfound powers, with special training services from Damen (ahem). They are also planning on spending more intimate time together (finally after 400+ years).

In come new student, Roman, who arrives at their school and quickly becomes the popular kid. But Ever doesn't fall for his charms, she knows something is not kosher with him, but she just can't pinpoint what it is. With all her psychic powers she still cannot get a read on him and that alone makes her suspicious of him. As her powers grow stronger, she notices that Damen is slowly getting weaker to the point where he is looking sickly. Then there's the issues at school - all her classmates are acting strange and that does include Damen... what is going on? It is now up to Ever to save Damen and set everything to rights.

Sadly I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did Evermore... I really like the storyline of Ever and Damen and well, you just don't get that in this book. There was so much going on in this book - Summerland, the twins, Ava and the whole Roman thing. It was just too much for me to actually enjoy wholeheartedly the way I did Evermore. It felt like a roller coaster ride - Ever was whiny, naive, and has the worst intuition about people (you'd think she wouldn't with all her psychic powers and all, gosh!) I just couldn't connect with her in this one. But all in all, I will confess that even with its faults, this book was still a page turner. I read it in just one sitting and will be looking out for the next installment Shadowland (November 2009).
on July 10, 2009
Format: Paperback
General idea: Things pick up right where we left off; Ever accepting immortality with Damen by her side and their future lessons to look forward to and so on. We are lead to believe that things are pretty great as of now for 16-year-old Ever; she's got Damen, her two best friends, her aunt. Everyone is progressing forward that and all is fine...Until this English fellow comes along who gives Ever the creeps, and this chilling sense of dark foreshadowing. And from then on out, everything changes and all seeming to go against Ever.

Then she is lead to a final choice; stay with the alluring Damen or go back in time and be with her family that got taken away from so abruptly.

I'm not gonna lie, most of the book concerns the turmoil that beats Ever constantly. She's misunderstood, ostracized, lonely, confused... I felt such sympathy for her.

However, I can't deny the talent with which Alyson Noel writes with. It is staggering how she breathes such life into her characters. Ever seems like such a real person, because SHE is so relatable and very honestly written. Her mind and actions are very true to any other teen girl. She is just written with such vitality with all her strengths, especially her falls.

Which I must say are her downfalls; her insecurities, her impulsiveness, her naiveté...But they only make her that much more real. Noel dares to go deeper with this lead and I can't say I regret ever reading into Ever's mindset.

As with Evermore, the tone is the same, pace the same. Noel takes her time to let things grow and blossom along with conflicts and climaxes and SUCH dizzying twists. As with that, there is the beautiful imagery, strong emotions, and a theme driven plot. oh, and such cool magick instances and such; moon cycles, alchemy, chakras and all other breathes of refreshment that make this world such a hauntingly beautiful world.

Destiny; and how that plays along with Ever making her decision between Damen or retrieving back her family. I couldn't help but cringe when Ever contemplated her decision; seeing her define what's natural and unnatural, what's meant to be and what is not; once again, her downfalls are clearly shown as she has to decide between her new self or her old self.

I definitely recommend this book simply because it is such an endearing world to get lost in. And by the end of the book; you'll want even more to get the next one in your hands :) Which luckily so happens to be less than a year from now.; Feb `10
on January 31, 2013
Format: Paperback
When I first picked up `Evermore', the first book of The Immortals series, it was out of desperation. I had nothing else to read and it was torture to go everywhere without a book in hand. I was quickly hooked on this series, but I admit that its taken me a while to get to this second book. I've had it for a few months, but reading books lent to me, checked out from the library, and sent for review have kept this gathering dust on a shelf.

Last week, my friend mentioned The Immortals, I promptly remembered Ever and Damen, and hastened to my bookshelf as soon as I got home, ready to immerse myself once again in their world. I wholly regret the time wasted not picking up this book.

`Blue Moon' is as gripping a thrill ride as the one preceding it! Ever and Damen's immortal lives together are supposed to be perfect from here on out. Damen teaches Ever about her new powers [interrupted more than once for an impromptu kiss]. Then a new kid shows up at school, whom everyone but Ever immediately likes. And Damen starts to waste away...

This book was great! I love how Ever was independent in this book, making decisions for herself the entire time. Yet that could also be considered a downside for me, because I also hated how she never seemed to listen to anyone's advice, even if it was good, and just did her own thing. The ending-great, but Ever annoyed me once again. Can't help but feel she deserved that one...

Okay. A bit harsh. But other than a few minor things, `Blue Moon' was fantastic. Definitely worth reading. I give it 4/5 stars.
on January 29, 2012
Format: Paperback
Also reviewed on my blog, The Vintage Bookworm. ([...])

Despite the fact that this book was a bit different and very weird to read, I enjoyed it. I can't really explain how it was weird, but if you've read it or you pick it up soon you'll know why. It's just so different from the first book and it's just weird how everything is. Which is the point. It's SUPPOSED to be weird.

After finishing Evermore, I had high expectations for this sequel. It's a very good book, but not as great as the first one in my opinion. But in the end I was left needing to read the third book. I really hope I can get my hands on it soon. I need more of this world and I'm VERY curious as to what happens next.

Just like the first book, the sequel's writing pulls you in and gets you hooked on the storyline and you fly through pages before really realizing it.

The same characters are back from the first book, and they've grown a bit and have become more real since the beginning of the first book. I really like Ever and her friends and Aunt, and definitely Damen. I mean, who wouldn't like Damen? There is a few new characters which I'm still kind of deciding about. Other than Roman, I didn't like him from the start. He really bugged me. With good reasons, which I'm not going to get in about.

Overall, this was an enjoyable read and I can't wait to continue the series. I definitely recommend it. It has unique characters and a unique storyline and the writing is addicting!