5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Game for Younger Audiences!
Published on May 25, 2012 by Dad of Divas

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun
My kids at church (3-4 yrs) were only interested in this game for a short time before they lost interest.
Published 5 months ago by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Game for Younger Audiences!, May 25, 2012
This review is from: Spot It Junior Animals (Toy)
My kids love the original Spot It Game, so they were excited when they heard of a few new Spot It Games that were now on the market. This Spot it, is made specifically for younger players and their families. I appreciated this because my youngest has had to work harder to keep up when it comes to the original and travel Spot It! games that we have had in the past. The game is easy enough and encourages all to stay alert and encourages quick thinking. I love this game as a father because the game itself is interactive and engaging. I also love how easy this game is to transport, so no matter where you are going, this game simply slips into your bag for easy transport! The pictures on the cards are so colorful and vivid I could tell at once that my youngest was drawn to them and she truly enjoyed playing this game with me. Overall this is a great addition to the Spot It! line of games and as a dad I have to saw thank you for making a version of the game for younger audiences, my daughter and I completely appreciate it!

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 Year Olds Like It - Great Pattern Recognition Brain Activity, August 12, 2012
This review is from: Spot It Junior Animals (Toy)
My twins just turned three, and we've been playing this game for a couple months now. We play in the easiest, most non-competitive way, where the girls flip over two cards at a time and try to find the matching animal. Since the animals on the cards are all different sizes and have different orientations, I think this activity is great fom developing pattern recognition cognitive abilities in my children better than regular matching games.

We do own the regular Spot It game, which the kids can play as well. The problem we ran into with the original game is that young children don't recognize all the symbols on the cards(some are words), so this animal-version of the Spot It game is much more appropriate for preschoolers (older kids will enjoy it as well). Another note: if you're purchasing this for a younger child, make sure that they don't bend the cards - they are thin like regular cards so kids who are tough on their toys might destroy them (my kids only play this game under my supervision for this reason).

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS!!!, November 2, 2012
mom of 2 (Fort Wayne, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spot It Junior Animals (Toy)
I can't say enough good things about this game. My 5 and 3 year old LOVE this game! The only difference between this and the adult version is the pictures. This has dolphins, sharks, bats, turtles, etc. Animals that most 3-4 year old kids know. As soon as I get home all I hear is "Mommy lets play the matching game!!" It is great for the whole family!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun for kids and parents, October 10, 2013
Amazon Customer (Woodbrige, VA, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Spot It Junior Animals (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really wasn't expecting much from this game when it showed up but it was on Vine and my daughter (almost 4) is starting to get into games a little more so I figured I'd give it a shot.

QUALITY:
Right off the bat the packaging is really nice, the cards come in an embossed tin that is colorful and sturdy. However that's kind of where the quality ends, the cards are pretty flimsy or they are at little bit flimsier than a nice deck of playing cards, on par with a cheap themed deck you might pick up in a novelty store. I was kinda stumped about this since the deck is meant for children and kids tend to be a lot rougher with their toys.
Some thicker board backing or something would've been a better idea but really that's my only complaint. I would give the cards a pretty low score in durability but they are kept in a tin can which is a solid idea to make sure they don't get ruined while they aren't being played with so I added a star back for that.

GAME PLAY:
OK, this game is kinda fun... well maybe more than kinda and I don't just mean for kids. We all sat down on the floor and played several rounds, my wife, my daughter and I, and we had a lot of fun. We spent the first few games just kinda of showing her how to play and letting her win. But then after she was done playing my wife and I played a few rounds on our own and it got pretty competitive. Not to encourage anything but... this could actually be a pretty fun drinking game! I'm to old to be playing like that anymore but, just sayin'. :D
It's simple, fast and involves a lot of interaction on everyone's part. When we were done my wife looked up at me and said "Huh... that was a lot more fun than I thought it would be!" I concurred.
The game has a few different ways to play and they are all very simple and explained on the included instruction sheet that fits into the tin with the cards. Our favorite way to play was "The Tower". Basically everyone gets a card and the rest go into the middle. The dealer flips a card from the center stack and everyone tries to be the first to call out an animal on the center card that matches an animal on their card. The winner gets the center card and uses that as their card for the next round.
Every card has at least one animal that matches an animal on every other card. It's clever math that actually had my wife stop us so she could figure it out. (She's an Electrical Engineer... nerds, what're ya gunna do?)

EDUCATIONAL VALUE:
Meh, I really can't say this is going to educate your kids in very many ways. We did get an opportunity to teach her about sportsmanship and it definitely hones your cognitive abilities (which is good for everyone). Sportsmanship is important to us so it was a welcome challenge. We still let her win but just barely and we tried to teach her to say "Good Game" and congratulate the winner of each round by saying something like "Nicely done!" or "Good job!" So in that sense I guess there is always something to be learned from any game you play with your kids.

OVERALL:
I really like this game and I plan to sit down and play it with my daughter today. It's pouring rain outside, it's cold and we've watched all our movies. We're gunna play some cards!
I think I've got some yogurt covered raisins in the cupboard, might have to teach this kid how to gamble. ;) I'm so kidding.

If you're looking at the game right now, just buy it. It's fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it----good family fun, November 1, 2012
This review is from: Spot It Junior Animals (Toy)
This game is fun for all ages,my 21 year old son played his 4 year old nephew and they had a blast. It is fast paced and full of surprises, and really gives your mind a work out.
We also changed things up a bit "made our own rules" to include our 2 1/2 year old grandson.
It is fun-- fast paced--love it.
great stocking stuffer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teaching tool, October 17, 2012
This review is from: Spot It Junior Animals (Toy)
I love this game. It is such a great game for teaching vocabulary and visual discrimination to kids. Plus it has so many different simple games that can be played with one deck of cards. I LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved our sanity, November 5, 2012
Kay (Delaware) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spot It Junior Animals (Toy)
We recently went through a hurricane, and lost power for a few days. This game was sitting in my closet, waiting for Christmas... but I am very glad I decided to pull it out early.
It was a perfect solution for my son (4 years old) with the storm rolling through. School was cancelled, it was cold and raining... and when we lost power we quickly grew very bored.
After 3 days, this was still the first game he wanted to play in the morning. It was fun, and didn't feel as tedious as some games for younger children tend to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love this game, and I am intrigued, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Spot It Junior Animals (Toy)
My kids (3 and 5) have the regular version of this game and we bought the junior version for one of their friends recently (the main difference seems to be that "Nemo" is on the front of the junior version, but there may be fewer shapes per card, too). My kids love this game. My oldest can play pretty well and can even occasionally beat me and her dad. My youngest isn't quite competitive yet. It encourages observation skills, which will hopefully be helpful for two kids who insist they can't find the shoes sitting in what I think of as plain sight. On a side note, I am very interested in solving the problem of how the deck was made. It's actually a pretty interesting math problem. One shape, and only one shape, matches on every two cards. Happy matrixing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for young and old., July 1, 2012
This review is from: Spot It Junior Animals (Toy)
This fun matching game is fun for young and old, alike. It helps youngester sort and classifying animal shapes, with fun, vibrant animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, September 13, 2012
BettyC (Minneapolis) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spot It Junior Animals (Toy)
I play this with my 3 and 4 year old grandkids. We love it. The game is fast paced and holds their attention. Great price for a fun game.

Spot It Junior Animals