4.0 out of 5 stars Hot, hot, hot!!!
Published on June 6, 1998 by Nancy C.

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time book....
I have struggled thru several months of off and on reading of this book. This book is not sensual and provacative.....just crude. Save your money and buy "Sarum"by Edward Ruferdton for true to life sweet relationships. He and Ken Follet never fail to produce a #1 winner you hate to put down!!!
Published on February 9, 2013 by Coton Lover

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot, hot, hot!!!, June 6, 1998
Nancy C. (Queens, New York USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Skies, No Candy (Hardcover)
I was introduced to this book back in '76 when I was 12! The cover alone, intrigued me and I never forgot it! But, being an adolescent back then, I was afraid to buy the book because I thought my parents would find it and have a heart-attack! So I waited until I grew older---not realizing that the book could be out of print! Once I did find it, I couldn't put it down! It lived up to all my expectations from my childhood and it was even a bit humorous!!! I would definitely recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars "How in the world were they able to print Blue Skies, No Candy...", May 9, 2008
This review is from: Blue Skies, No Candy (Hardcover)
That's what the back cover read of the paperback copy I got of this book when I was a young teenager. Far too young to read the contents, but so worth the trouble I'd find myself in if my parents ever found it hidden away. This book is dirty, humorous and an absolutely fabulous read. Don't expect this to be some Harlequin romance novel of sappy b.s. This is erotica at it's finest. I highly recommend Blue Skies, No Candy. Just be sure to keep it locked away from the prying eyes of your teens. Haha!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Great!, December 9, 2014
This review is from: Blue Skies, No Candy (Hardcover)
One of my all-time favorite books! The romance feels very real - the drama, irresistible temptation - pretty much all I could ever want in the way of soap opera in a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzling & Sensational, August 24, 2011
This review is from: Blue Skies, No Candy (Paperback)
In my next life, I am coming back as Brenda. Blue Skies, No Candy is full of sensuous adventures I never imagined. And I thought I had done it all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 10, 2015
Well-written, HOT naughtiness

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time book...., February 9, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story!, October 10, 2012
This was a great story about a woman who is very conflicted and torn between decisions. I loved it and highly recommend. I liked how strong and in control this character was and that she was not afraid of her sexuality and embrassed it.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a crock!, July 19, 2012
This review is from: Blue Skies, No Candy (Paperback)
I probably read this when it came out in the 70s. Can't remember my opinion back then, but Lord! it seems like a piece of trash to me now. It should have been named "The Addictive Tyranny of the Female Orgasm" or maybe "Narcissism With a Clitoris."

Not that I have anything against erotica. Anaiis Nin wrote literature. This book, though, is just same ol' same ol' page after page. Is there an actual plot? Well, yes, ultimately it comes down to ... not will it be Man A or Man B, but will Kate wake up and grow up? Apparently not. She's a greedy child who deserves what she'll probably settle for: being ultimately subsumed by a sexy control freak who (1) can be horrendously brutal and (2) wants what HE wants every time. If it happens to coincide with her pleasure, fine. If not, it'll be his way, whether he resorts to "accidentally" making her miss a crucial connection, or setting her up to lose a chance to work with Ingmar Bergman.

Meantime, she can continue revelling in her sex addiction. My personal bottom line: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

And BTW, I am a certified sex therapy diplomate and licensed marriage and family therapist. I've written several books, including "Put Your Big Girl Panties On and Deal With It." Too bad Kate couldn't do likwise.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful, December 16, 2012
The character is very cold and story is outdated. Not worth the purchase. Dont waste your money. Content was lacking.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2nd worst book ive read, September 21, 2012
Sorry. Just didnt like it. Totally written in a way that was...just confusing so i decided i could do without it.

Blue Skies, No Candy
Blue Skies, No Candy by Gael Greene (Hardcover - October 1, 1976)
Used & New from: $0.01