Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Blue Sky Natural Soda (Creamy Root Beer, 12-Ounce Cans, Pack of 24)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Flavor: Creamy Root Beer|Change

on April 6, 2011
Mmm, The other two reviewers seem to be lacking a key piece of information.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME THING AS GINGER ALE.

Jamaican Ginger Ale is a lot closer in taste to ginger beer which is a LOT stronger and a lot more potent.

Personally i really like blue sky over zevia's ginger ale. After drinking a six pack of this stuff over the course of a week i went back to try zevia again and found that zevia was mild and tasteless by comparison. The blue sky has a really strong flavor and even burns the inside of my nose a little bit... but for me that's a good thing. I like more powerful tasting drinks.

Very good stuff, i will continue to buy Blue Sky.
33 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2011
The reviews complaining of aftertaste, and just labeling it the "New age Natural sweeteners" Have never tasted real root beer, made with real birch root and not just flavoring. The aftertaste they are complaining about with this soda is the complex Birch oil aftertaste (in any real old recipe). I used to live in Quarryville, Pennsylvania and my neighbor showed me and my family how to make Birch brew with the cleaned roots, and the aftertaste is the same here. We live in a society with everything watered down to the point it all tastes like nothing with sugar added. This is the best commercial root beer I have tasted sugar or not.
on November 21, 2011
Hello. I am reviewing this because I just tried this Ginger Ale for the first time. I bought it because I have gluten intolerance, dairy intolerance, and have to limit certain grains. So, I have all sorts of digestive issues. Ginger Ale seems to really help, but if you buy Canada Dry or Seagram's, you're getting ginger flavor and high-fructose corn syrup. Corn growers associations want you to know that the brain can't tell the difference between HFCS and sugar, but my colon can tell the difference. So, I have been changing all items that I ingest into my mouth (toothpaste, mouthwash, food, drinks, etc) to ensure they're gluten free and not containing any definite triggers of problems. I bought this based on the reviews and the ingredients, and I noticed an immediate result. I could taste the ginger much better than regular Canada Dry. Also, I tasted more ginger than carbonation which was very nice. Within the first two sips I could feel it going down my esophagus and starting to help the digestion process. I drank the whole can so fast because I fell in love with the flavor and the effect.

This $24.00 is for 24 cans which is a decent price, especially if a Prime member; but, I can get a 6-pack for $3.99 at EarthFare which would make it about $17.50 for 4 6-packs (including tax here in TN), which is about $6.50 cheaper. If you do not have local availability, I would recommend getting this. And, if you have to order frequently, then I would recommend getting a Prime membership so you get the free 2-day shipping!
66 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2011
This is a great product. We used it for our Halloween party as "club soda" and people really liked it. A lot of people ordered it by itself and kept coming back for more. At around $15 for 24 cans, it's a great deal. Most "club soda" has chemicals in it, but this one is natural
VINE VOICEon August 6, 2013
I like the flavor. At first it is hard to tell if it is more lime or more orange but in the end I've decided the taste is about balanced between the two. I wouldn't mind a little more tartness, but overall the flavor is very refreshing. It seems the carbonation is a little lower in this flavor than the others. Unlike some stevia-derivative sweetened soft drinks there is no aftertaste here.
on March 3, 2011
I thought I wasn't going to like this soda. Boy was I wrong! This soda has a delicious cherry-candy-ish flavor, like a cherry tootsie pop or a sour cherry gel candy. Plus, it's pretty healthy, since it doesn't contain Splenda, aspartame, phosphoric acid, or caramel color.
on September 3, 2011
I'm a freak for ginger, so when I got my first case of this stuff and felt that awesome gingery bite, I was in love. I went through a couple more cases of it and continued to love every sip -- occasionally poured over some decent bourbon.

Another reviewer mentioned that the product had recently gotten less gingery, and I am dismayed to confirm this report. The most recent case I received (August 2011) is substantially less spicy.

I still like it enough to give it 4 stars. It's still more gingery than your standard ginger ale (or Zevia ginger ale, which is quite bland by comparison,) but for a ginger lover like me it's a disappointment. If I had never tasted the more gingery version, I'd probably tell you this is damn fine ginger ale, but the "Jamaican Ginger Ale" moniker is now a bit overblown.

Hopefully they just made a weak batch and the next case will be back to gently burning the mouths and tummies of thirsty travelers worldwide.
on March 10, 2013
Blue Sky Cola tastes even better than the major cola brands, because it doesn't have the unpleasant (in my opinion) taste of phosphoric acid. The main reason I purchased this product is that I prefer to avoid two of the ingredients in the major cola brands: high fructose corn syrup and phosphoric acid. Only one problem--the main reason that I drink colas is to keep me alert while driving, and Blue Sky Cola has no caffeine. I solve this problem by adding a caffeine tablet, but this is rather inconvenient =)
on November 8, 2013
Aspartame... the usual diet soda sweetener which causes memory loss and which disables activity in brain is absent in this Blue Sky product. Stevia is a plant that is stronger than sugar... less in needed, and is not poison like the ingredients that make diet soda sweet. I am no health nut, but a diabetic with intestinal issues. This product has not side effects like sugar rotting your teeth and causing pre-diabetes. Aspartame... the fake sweetener was started in a lab by accident when a neuroscientist found it was sweet. Gross.

It was bought by the big companies as a cheap way to sweeten our drinks, and it was once banned because of it's danger. Politics won and we have all been poisoned. In japan most sodas have this STEVIA. Its thousands of years old. Try Blue Sky flavors. I drink this one because the ginger is potent, real potent and is almost medicinal for my condition. It is the BEST ginger ale around. Trust me. Remember eating ginger during a meal or when your ill helps inflammation. Cheers and thank you for reading!
on August 28, 2013
I've ordered this soda several times, as it's very good and uses real sugar. However, when I ordered it previously it was <$14, and I could justify spending ~$0.60/can. Now that it's a dollar/can, I just cannot justify the cost. Not sure what made this product jump this much in price in the course of a couple weeks, but they've lost this customer.