Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 13, 2007
You can count me in that category of music lovers who live for that next great guitar solo. And Duarte sounds like his main mission here was to please fans like me. Simply outstanding guitar work throughout. And this cd comes closer to his live show performances than anything he has ever done in studio. You can kick back and really get into this cd. Over half the songs here clock in at more than 6 minutes. With a couple reaching double digits. The 13 minute "Something Wicked" is a slow blues burner that is simply outstanding throughout. And it's followed up with "I'll Never Know", which is one of the best songs that Duarte has ever written. And his singing is also very impressive here. I noticed he's changed labels to the more guitar oriented label Blues Bureau. And I hope he sticks with it, because it sounds like he's headed in a good direction with his music. He's playing to his strengths where the guitar comes first.. And almost nobody out there in the blues rock category is more original at it than Duarte. A thouroughly enjoyable album. And the best that I've heard so far in 07.
on September 14, 2007
I've seen a couple of his shows and really, the studio albums to date, just do not do justice to this amazing musician.

This one comes very very close!

Of course that's only part of the story here. As to the sound of the CD? Nice! Not overly compressed at all. The guitar is right out front where it should be and blend of vocals, drums and bass fit very nice into the overall sound. Very dynamic. A rarity these days.
on September 2, 2007
Without question, this is Chris' finest release. On board with the Blues Bureau label, he has finally been supported in the way he deserves! One of the hardest working showmen in the music scene today, he really rips it up on this one. This is the cd I have been waiting for since "Texas Sugar/Strat Magik"! He unleashes some incendiary fretwork: check out 'Sun Prairie Blues', in which he breaks open the old Univibe for some spot-on Robin Trower/Hendrixian sounds. Just amazing. If you are a fan of blues and blues rock, you MUST get this cd. You will not be disappointed. Everytime I listen to it, I hear things I missed the last time. I'll put this one up against ANY blues artist this year!
on August 6, 2007
Chris Duarte's shining guitar is finally put at the center of the whole thing. Blue Velocity is clearly a reminiscence of Texas Sugar and will make the blues fans smile. It is even more guitar driven than previous works. It's raw, spontaneous, essential.
on June 11, 2014
This album is great, the vocals are great, on some tracks Chris added some backing vocals, which add a great touch to the songs. The Guitar is fat and fuzzy. He has a great tone through this album. The songs are much more rock oriented than most of his previous albums, but there is still some great blues. Something Wicked Is a 14 minute slow blues with the BEST slow blues intro i have ever heard. It kicks you in the face when it starts up. Amy Lee is a heavy slower blues rock song with some great playing. Leave Her Be is a standard 12 bar mid tempo blues with great blues lyrics. Hard Mind is an awesome SRV shuffle sounding blues. He really lets loose halfway through the solo but brings it back to a great chorus. One of the coolest blues tracks is Sun Prairie Blues, its a very Hendrix-y sounding blues rock song. It has some incredible playing, and some awesome uni-vibe tones. On the rock side of the album, theres I'll Never Know which has some of Chris's best lyrics on the album and a cool break with overdubbed backing vocals. Never Gonna Change is one of my favorite tracks on the album, it's a hard rocking song and the last solo is totally influenced by Aerosmith's Back In The Saddle, it's a great heavier track. R U 4 Real? (despite the title) is an cool slow song with great lyrics and singing, and a pretty out-there intro solo. My favorite track off the album is Do It Again which is fun blues rock song about Chris's love for playing music every night. Its a fun song with great guitar. over all this is one of his heavier albums, but has some of his best lyrics. Its a great album and the guitar tones are unbelievably good. This one definitely gets played the most out of all my CDG albums.
on August 3, 2007
Quite simply an unparalleled guitarist. Chris Duarte's singing continues to improve while his guitar playing continues to evlove to ever greater levels. A must have for those who appreciate technically superior, sonic guitar work!
on May 12, 2013
I wish so much I had purchased this CD a lot earlier so that I could have started enjoying it earlier. Don't make the same mistake and get it now. I can't get enough of Chris Duarte's powerful voice and incredible guitar skills. But, what do I know? Judge for yourself...;)
on October 17, 2007
I love Chris' playing, but since I bought his first album, I've always felt that his voice is not gruff or seasoned enough for the low down blues that he like to play. His playing is great, but the voice doesn't go with it. Now, on the more rock sounding efforts, his voice is perfect for and I really dig it. I like the album, as I do all of his, but I wish he would get a different singer for those more traditional blues numbers. someone like Tinsley Ellis has that "seasoned" voice. Nevertheless, any blues fan will appreciate this recording and play it over and over again. My opinion is just that, my opinion. I certainly don't mean to downgrade the guy, his playing is great! I just wish he could find the right style of playing for his voice if he wants to sing.
on October 22, 2007
I've been a Duarte fan since the begining, and this is his best ever ! That is saying a lot because his "Texas Sugar Strat Magik" has been a favorite of mine for years.
Every song on this album burns. You'll keep waiting for him to take his foot off the pedal, but he never stops. This is the best blues-rock album of the year. No one else comes close.
Last year I saw Chris Duarte in a small, northern NJ club. By 2 AM, the crowd had thinned out to about 50, but he was still playing like his life depended on it. I'll always remember that. Buy the CD, then go see him live. You won't regret it !
on October 9, 2007
I had never seen Chris before I saw him open up for Satriani in Detroit back in the 90's. I was hooked after that show and bought everything he had available. The last release was not so good, but Chris has plugged back in his fuzz and uni-vibe, added some back-up vocals and every track on this new cd is great. Buy it. You won't be disappointed.