Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Size: Only Bluetooth 2.0|Color: Black|Change
Price:$33.00+ Free shipping

on June 4, 2012
I was satisfied with my BlueAnt Q2 headset but it was damaged when dropped. So, I pre-ordered the BlueAnt T2 Endure which was delivered five days ago. Yeah, I bought the hype: durable, improved noise cancellation, blah, blah, blah. After all, I'm the one who dropped the Q2, so extra-durable is good!
My phone is an EVO running the Android OS.
Here's my list of shortcomings:
The sound quality is tinny compared to the Q2. I don't expect mellow sound from this type of headset, but the T2 is noticeably screechy compared to the Q2. Not critical, but irritating.
The control button is so sensitive you'll swear it's a touch-free function. The slightest touch -- even just placing the headset in your ear or attempting to adjust the volume -- prompts the "Say a Command" phrase. OK, I may not have dainty fingers, but a light touch shouldn't send the T2 into spasms. Oddly the other buttons (Vol+ and Vol-)require much more strenuous efforts to operate. Just don't brush across the control button when trying to adjust the volume.
The mini-USB cable port is covered with a small anchored rubber plug that's difficult to pull far enough away to easily insert the USB connector. I know the plug is part of the outdoorsy extreme-use purpose, but it makes connecting the cable far less convenient. If you're in an environment where that tiny plug makes any difference, a damp headset is probably the least of your worries anyway.
Bluetooth connectivity is poor. I keep my phone in my right jacket pocket and the headset in my right ear, in almost direct and short line-of-sight between the two devices. Nonetheless the headset often cycles in and out of connectivity with the accompanying (beep) "No phone is connected" then (beep) "Your phone is connected" looping in my ear.
I also watch videos and listen to audio on my EVO from time to time. Media audio via the Q2 wasn't a problem. Media audio via the T2 is a choppy mess, with audio blanking for several seconds every ten seconds or so, even with the devices separated only by inches (and without regard to the audio source). Media audio plays consistently through the phone speaker without blanking. This headset audio blanking seems to occur only with media audio and isn't accompanied by the (beep) "No phone is connected" routine. Phone call audio seems much more consistent than media audio if you can put up with the screechy sound quality and the frequent disconnect-reconnect thing. Callers didn't report any problems understanding me during conversations.
What's good about it? Not much. There's a cool black rubber-like outer shell and a slightly smaller form factor than the Q2.
Bottom line for me after 5 days of use: into the drawer as a stand-by headset.
44 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 19, 2013
Size: Only Bluetooth 2.0|Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Endure Rugged Bluetooth Earpiece is a comfortable headset for your Apple iPhone or Bluetooth enabled device. I tried this product out for two weeks and had no problems with its comfort over my ear or with taking calls. The packaging for this Bluetooth earpiece also has all the necessary cables and battery charger to get you running without delay. My favorite feature so far is the Caller Name Announce which keeps me from having to check my phone all the time while driving in town.

Recently, I also used the BlueAnt on an airplane trip to watch movies while waiting at check-in. The Sony VAIO VPCYB33KX has Bluetooth connectivity and within a few minutes I was watching a digital copy episode of Serenity on the my screen with audio. The noise reduction features of the Endure Rugged Bluetooth Earpiece allowed me to hear the movie in one ear while keeping another open to hear boarding announcements in the airport terminal. The earpiece was able to play movies for over 4 hours before running out of power that day.

Battery Life of this headset is very good considering its small size. My longest time between recharges was a full week when I was not getting any regular phone calls from work. The standby feature of this earpiece has kept it ready to use for a full week and it really did surprise me it could last that long.

Connecting the BlueAnt T2-BK-USEN-US to your phone is actually quite easy to do. The manual that came with my headset offers instructions for multiple phones beyond the Apple iPhone. My LG phone has Bluetooth capability and in less than 4 minutes it was sending incoming calls to my earpiece.

In conclusion, the BlueAnt Endure Rugged Bluetooth Earpiece really impressed me with its solid construction and sound quality.
VINE VOICEon September 17, 2012
I was quite excited to get this BlueAnt Bluetooth headset as a part of the Vine program, but it was a complete letdown.

It looks nice enough, but there are problems as soon as you try to put it together. I couldn't even successfully put the gummy ear bud piece on to the product, and ended up using one of my own (an in-ear bud from a pair of headphones,) and it worked slightly better. The ear clip is almost useless; it has no room for adjusting, and it doesn't even hold it close enough to your face to warrant comfort. In fact, it always feels like it's about to fall off completely.
The voice command feature fails across the board. It wouldn't accept commands to my Android Samsung Replenish, and the button that prompts "say a command" or hangs up on a call is ridiculously easy to push. There were several times when I reached to adjust the piece and barely touched the button, ending my call. "Sorry, I touched the headset again, I'll stop using it soon" became a common statement.

The incoming voice quality is hard for me to judge due to very little experience with Bluetooth headsets, but I received complaints about my voice quality, and I could never improve it.

It feels and acts like a cheap knockoff model that you'd get for a few bucks and free shipping from somewhere in Hong Kong.
If you're truly considering spending $80 on this accessory, keep reading these reviews until you decide to look elsewhere.
on May 3, 2014
The Bluetooth works well itself but the earhook is horrible. Breaks really easy with the slightest bend over the ear. Also it hurts afer wearing it for a short time. I will stick with my Bose earpiece. Fits better in my ear and the sound quality is better than the BlueAnt Bluetooths. Other than the earhook problem, the earpiece is fine. Bose is just better quality.
on June 15, 2012
In general i'm very satisfied with the headset. After trying a few ear gels I got the fit right.
No trouble pairing, decent sound quality. One minor issue with some static, i think that's when my arm gets in the way of the bluetooth / phone.

However, no support for third part voice apps, you can only use the built in voice dial.
Or rather, you can correctly trigger a thrid party voice app (I tried vlingo) and the headset works for talking to vlingo, however you get interrupted by a message from the headset saying that that feature is unsupported by the phone. So you have to actually wait until the message from the headset is done before getting to actually talk to vlingo.

I'm returning mine.
on January 7, 2014
Pro:
Works as advertised
Works great with calls,
Audio books and Podcast sound great
Con:
5-hour battery life, also, when you are nearly out of battery, it continuously harasses you by telling you it is running out. Can't enjoy listening to anything when you are running out of battery...
Weird... werid... thing happens when you press the Command button while listening to audio streams from phones or w.e
POOR CLUELESS SUPPORT from blueant Reps

If you press command button, where i tend to when adjusting the ear piece, it permanently mutes the audio that is being played, such as music, podcast, audio books, etc. It doesn't pause or stop audio, it mutes it. so in podcasts or audio books, its REALLY annoying for that.
FIX: restart blueant device
OR activate Siri(btw.. yes, i use IPHONE 4s IOS7)
OR call and end call
OR re-transfer phone book
really, anything that makes the blueant device make noise in some speech thing, and then press play on ur audio stream again.

WHY ITS ANNOYING
u press it when you adjust ear piece. and if that happens, you must go through a 5-10 second process that also forces you to take out phone (or device) to play audio again.

WHAT ANNOYS ME MORE
Support ACTUALLY told me, please avoid pressing the command button if your listening to audio, but it is suppose to have no function when you do that.

note*
I DID NOT BUY THIS FROM AMAZON. but i do have some tech experience, and i do love using amazon for product reviews, so i figured i'd make a review for this.
VINE VOICEon May 13, 2013
BlueAnt is a great company with great products. This one fits the image nicely.

It's easy to set up this headset. Feels solid. Sits comfortably on you. Sound is good. Caller ID announce which is nice considering if you are using a bluetooth headset you are likely to have your phone on a desk or in your pocket. You don't want to answer all your calls sometimes so it's nice to know who is calling.

Nice product and great features. And the price is right too.
on May 1, 2013
I like that it's supposed to be rugged but the poor sound quality and constant static make it unbearable. You have to be within 5 feet of your phone or closer to avoid the static and it picks up so much noise the person on the other end won't be able to hear you when your in a car or other noisy environment.
on January 17, 2015
I'm a professional landscaper and business owner. I bought this hoping it would help me not miss calls from my customers. I was planning on using this while driving and working so I needed something rugged. While this is rugged, its extremely uncomfortable. The pictures show it in use without the ear clip, which isn't possible. Not only is it uncomfortable, it falls off if you hold your head at any angle. I used it twice and figured out its more of a pain than anything. I dont use it anymore
VINE VOICEon February 27, 2013
This is an ok headset, but I've owned other BlueAnt products and found myself a little disappointed in this unit. On the upside, the pairing was easy and continues to work fine for me and I like a hard-switched power button - none of this hold for three seconds, but not four stuff. The other buttons are less desirable in operation, in part because I find myself pressing the earpiece more firmly into my ear so that I can hear. It's annoying. The earpiece sits in the ear, but I have found it difficult to get seated in such a way as to provide a strong volume into the ear canal. In most situations it probably wouldn't matter too much, but the road noise in my car is quite loud at times and I have great difficulty in hearing with this headset (cheaper to replace the headset than the car). Hopefully their next generation will resolve some of these issues.