Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Size: otherChange

on July 9, 2012
I bought two of these 3 foot cables along with 4x2 Remote Control Digital Optical TOSlink Audio Fiber Optic Selector Switch Switcher Splitter for connecting the optical outputs of my Playstation 3 and a Dell PC to my Astro mixamp/headset for surround sound gaming.

The cables are working just fine. It took quite a bit of pressure to snap the connector into the back of the PS3 but I'm confident that the connections are solid. No issues with connectivity or quality of the signal. I'd definitely purchase these again.

I also like how the blue on the connector makes them a little different for easier identification from all the other plain black cables.

11/19/2013 - I said "I'd definitely purchase these again" and I did. I bought another one to connect my Playstation 4 to the optical switch and no issues. Great sound quality and solid connection. Previously purchased cables still working great.
22 comments26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2012
I'm new to optical audio, and was skeptical about the quality of the different cable offerings out there. Seriously, how much better is the $50 cable over the $10 cable, right? I just needed a short cable to connect a sound bar to a flat-screen TV. I went with the BlueRigger cable based on customer comments and product pictures. Appeared to have a good amount of shielding on the cable compared to some of the cheaper options that looked really thin. I got it quickly, it seems well made, and it plugged in solidly. I've got good sound quality and no issues. Good bang for the buck.
on February 9, 2012
Optical cables don't have to be fancy. A cheap hard plastic coated 99 cent cable will do the identical job of a 45 dollar Monster cable. The reason I consider this a five star cable is- 1. It's thick, durable and flexible, similar to Monster's HDMI cord. 2. Heads are well built and sturdy, don't feel like they are going to ever break. 3. They have very snug fits into toslink ports, and 4. It doesn't cost much more than the budget dollar cables. 5 STARS!!!
on August 22, 2012
You don't ask much of a cable, but this one seems very well made with quality connectors that provide a solid feel when plugging them in -- don't forget to remove the protective cap! And, the price is excellent!
on June 12, 2014
Can one, you really rate one toslink from another?
Well
1) does it connect snugly? Yes, I am not worried that every time I move a piece of equipment that it will become disconnected, therefore a snug correct fit is extremely important.
2) Is the wire(in reality the outer sheathing) so flimsy that I have to be concerned that the internal conduit (the optical fiber) is also flimsy and can become easily broken
internally, or that the fiber itself is of such poor quality(not a properly formed crystal lattice) that every movement of the cable could put my signal in jeopardy? I this case I was pleased with BlueRigger and it's performance. Did not have to worry about connection, structure and longevity. No, certainly not the Audioquest Vodka or such like cables, but does the job.
on February 3, 2013
I use these on my 60 inch tv with surround sound and they work amazing compared to my standard cables! Would definitely recommend them because I have had them on for about 4 months and have not had 1 problem!
on July 21, 2012
These are very well-made cables. The jacket is nice and thick, and the ends seem well-machined.

I like the short length since my components are not that far apart.

Especially for the price they're a great deal!
on October 3, 2012
BlueRigger makes a quality product at a great price. The ends are well constructed. This is my first digital optical cable experience and had no problems installing it.
on April 17, 2014
they work great as advertised. Would be happy to purchase more in the near future should the need for them arise
on June 30, 2015
I bought a Portta PETDTAP Digital Coax and Optical Toslink to Analog Audio Converter and stupidly didn't buy a cable, so it sat for a while. Bought the BlueRigger Toslink cable and everything is working great. Used to hook my LG LED TV up to my old school sound system. Now I can use my sound system for NetFlix, DVD, and DISH...before running thru the TV, I could only get to one source. Seems to work fine, no audio latency issues, no noise, no hum, only my wife saying, "Isn't that too loud?"

Cable build quality looks good. Connectors are a proper, secure fit into the TV and the Converter. Price was reasonable.