Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BlueRigger Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable(10 feet)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: other|Change

on May 21, 2012
Excellent quality cable for such a reaonable price! I needed this cable to hook up a sound bar and saw the price on amazon ($5) but decided that I wanted it right away so I ran to Radio Shack and they had it for $35....no way! Then I checked at Best Buy and it was the same....Yikes. So I decided that I could wait 2 days to get it from amazon without getting hammered by an overpriced retail store. I was suprised at how good the quality was since I had an older cable that had a very thin wire. Great product and great price. I'm a happy camper.
on October 1, 2012
I bought this cable to hook our TV up to a new AVR purchased through amazon warehouse deals (if you don't mind open box electronics and don't want to pay full price for the latest gadgets check there first).

Anyway, we quit paying for cable TV and use an over the air antenna to get local channels. In order to get the highest quality sound we had to plug the antenna into the TV and then plug the TV into the AVR with this cable. The cable produces great sound comparable to what we get through HDMI for movies and ROKU.

The coating on the cable is also quite nice. The finish is smooth and doesn't kink the way some cables do. Overall a good cable at a length that worked for our application and fast shipping.
on September 21, 2013
I have had issues with these cables seating correctly into the toslink port on devices. Most of the time they work just fine, so I continue to buy them.

But every once and a while I have a connection problem. I can jiggle it ever so to gain or lose connection. Swapping it out with a much more expensive cable of another brand took all of the play out of the connection and resolved the issue.
on March 17, 2014
I purchased this cable to connect my Samsung LED TV to my home theater receiver. I had never used an optical cable before and was previously just using RCA cables to carry the signal. However, the signal was slightly over driven and a bit distorted, plus there are only two channels. With this cable in place, I get Dolby 5.1 channel surround sound in perfect clarity. It is so much more enjoyable to listen to when watching my favorite broadcast television programs. No manufacturing defects or quality concerns, great price.
on October 8, 2012
This wasn't the cheapest cable offered, but was close to it. The cheapest ones seem to have connection problems in the long run. Don't forget to remove the plastic ends before connecting.
on July 13, 2015
I'm going to give this product a 5 star review based on 2 things, the actual product and the company itself (BlueRigger). The first order I placed for this product arrived on time, but unfortunately came defective. I tried the cable/cord in multiple different scenarios only to have the same result a patchy in and out sound. I contacted BlueRigger directly and they were so very police and understanding of my issue. They sent me a replacement cable and the second order placed arrived 2 days later. This time the optical audio cable worked and the quality of sound produced from my soundbar accompanied with this product is absolutely amazing.

I ran into a slight issue with the second cable one day it wasn't working properly (kind of like the first order) but the problem went away shortly after and hasn't returned since. BlueRigger has stayed in contact with me throughout this entire transaction and I would really like to give them praise for not only a good product but GREAT customer service! I am willing to buy from them again.
VINE VOICEon December 3, 2012
I needed a Toslink audio cable to attach a media center computer I had just purchased to my home theater sound system and the fastest, the best, and the least expensive way to get one is to order it from Amazon.

I initially ordered this Mediabridge - Toslink Cable - Optical Digital Audio Cable - 10 feet as I had ordered Mediabridge products in the past and was satisfied with them.

Not this one, though. I use a C2G / Cables to Go 40324 3-Play Component Video and TOSLINK Digital Audio High Performance Selector Switch (Black) in conjunction with my home theater setup and, though this cable appeared to be well-made, it just would not fit into the Toslink port on the the switch box. I telephoned Mediabridge and they told me that they were aware of their cable not fitting into all devices (this was mentioned in some of the 1-star reviews to which I should have paid more attention).

So I returned it to Amazon (an easy and convenient process) and the same day I returned it, I ordered this BlueRigger Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable(10 feet).

It is very well-made and it fits perfectly into the ports where I need it. Based on its physical design, I am certain that it will fit into any device which uses a Toslink cable.

It works perfectly too, carrying and transferring sound in whatever format the source supplies including, of course, full surround sound in DTS and/or Dolby Digital.

I always like to have spares so, as this cable delivers excellent value for money and as I like it so much, yesterday I ordered three more of them!

I highly recommend this BlueRigger Toslink cable to you. I'm sure you'll like it too.
on April 11, 2016
I had all kinds of problems with the receiver to get smart TV sounds to my speakers. After tried so many times and unable to get firmware updates from Pioneer, a friend suggested to use this digital optical cable. It works like a charm. All I have to do is turn off the TV speaker. As I was testing the sound, public channel was just showing Andrea Bocelli in concert for donation. The sound was very beautiful. Thank you digital optical audio cable.
on June 9, 2016
I honestly cannot really rate the performance of this optical cable because my Sony STR DG910 receiver doesn't have a Digital Audio Input. I thought it did but to my surprise....However, I am in the process of upgrading my receiver to the Sony DN1060. Perhaps I can truthfully access the performance of this product. It appears however, to be structurally well built.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2014
I purchased a sound bar recently and the cable that came with it was short and flimsy. This cable was very reasonably priced, and i decided to give it a try. Some of the other reviews said that it this cable was defective and that it would not stay connected to the TV and sound bar. At first I thought they were right, but I decided to give it a second try and discovered that you just have to push it a little harder and it snaps into place and stays put.

The sound quality is great. My TV sound was less than stellar, and this is a 100% improvement. Voices are clear and the surround sound is acceptable--not like separate speakers, but much better than the sound on the TV.