5.0 out of 5 stars Price is right, looks good, performs flawlessly
Published on August 19, 2012 by A. Dent

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work
Only the audio worked, but not worth going through the hassle of returning it. Ended up buying a different one on Amazon.
Published 12 months ago by Ann Griffin

5.0 out of 5 stars Price is right, looks good, performs flawlessly, August 19, 2012
This review is from: BlueRigger High Speed Mini HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet (6 Feet) (Electronics)
A - This is indeed what you need - this is NOT a 'regular' HDMI cable. One of its ends is a 'mini' (Type C) connector that may be required by certain cameras such as the Flip MinoHD but is not compatible with 'regular' equipment. And do NOT confuse the 'mini' with the 'micro' (Type D) HDMI connector which is even smaller and works with the newest/smallest gadgets. Check your gadget's manual before you place your order. Tablets tend to require a 'micro' connector.

B - You don't mind paying very little. If you search Amazon for 'HDMI mini' you will find quite a few similar items, some of them selling for a lot more but performing the exact same fashion.

And, talking about specs, this cable is a 'High Speed' rated HDMI 1.4 cable 'with Ethernet'.

- The 'High Speed' rating is largely meaningless, indicating that the cable supports 1080p video - almost all do and no one should ever consider buying anything less.
- The 'with Ethernet' badge indicates that if the 2 connected devices support Ethernet AND support HDMI 1.4, they will be able to use the HDMI cable for Ethernet traffic instead of requiring a separate additional phone-like wire. Of course, none of the small cameras that would use a mini HDMI connector talk 'Ethernet' so this 'with Ethernet' feature doesn't really matter much.
- 6 ft. length is just about right. The cable is long enough to allow for a connection to the back of your TV or receiver while the 'mini' end can be pulled to the front where your camera would plug. My new receiver came with a front HDMI port and a good-looking 6 ft. cable for playing video on the big screen from my camera is exactly what I needed.
- It's pretty. Given that this is a visible HDMI cable, not something that goes to the back of your entertainment center, looking good adds value.

I had no trouble to plug the mini end into my MinoHD and the regular into a our receiver and play video directly. Playback was flawless and, even though this is not something that everyone needs or anyone needs often, it doesn't hurt having one around.

I am granting this cable 5 stars because it performs flawlessly, the price is absolutely right and for its premium looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, August 18, 2012
Cables works excellent. Needed it for an evga 550ti. Works perfectly & matches the color scheme. Got the cable earlier than estimated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Work as it said and price is reasonable, August 13, 2012
Peter_UC (Union City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
HDMI mini from laptop to HDMI of monitor. Works fine. Good build quality. Do not mix up with HDMI micro which is typical for tablet.

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI to Mini HDMI Cable, August 22, 2012
I purchased this cable to remove the mini adapter on my GTX video card and replace the 6ft HDMI cable currently in use. This was a excellent solution, now there is only one cable from the video card to the monitor and less chance of seperation. The cable is the perfect length and it also allows the audio feed from my video card into my monitor so I don't need clunky speakers taking up desk space. They feel very solid and well made and the blue connections look great, even though I don't get to see them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cables, amazing customer service, October 31, 2013
My first ever BlueRiigger cable was a fail. (The HDMI to mini used to connect my Kindle HD to a TV. I suspect it was a customer return & mistakenly shipped back out by Amazon (Prime shipping). Even so, months later an email to the company resulted with them offering to replace it free of charge. Apparently they needed my consent to actually ship it.

Busy caring for my mom after heart surgery I missed their email offering the replacement. I came across it a few months later & responded.
Yes! They happily shipped out another cable. WOW.

In the meantime, I decided to swap out all our other HDMI to HDMI cables and have purchased 3 HDMI to HDMI mini (connects Kindle Fire HD/HDX) cables along with some of their other versions & all have worked as expected.
Very high quality at a fantastic price. If available I will always choose this brand over others even if I have to pay a bit more (which to date has not been the case). Customer service says a lot about a company and their products!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cable!!, January 28, 2014
SRD (HOUSTON, TEXAS, US) - See all my reviews
Awesome fast cable! Would recommend to all who need HDCP compatibility like I did. I just plugged the mini into the graphics card and the main one to my monitor. Perfect HD streaming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, December 10, 2013
Works great like I expected it to. I use it with my NVIDIA Shield and everything comes in clear. Great cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, October 9, 2013
Bought this to connect as tablet to a TV. It works just like I would expect it to. I couldn't ask for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was an Oops purchase that worked out anyway., May 29, 2013
A Mom (Bellevue, WA) - See all my reviews
I needed a cable to hook my Surface RT to a hotel TV, so I bought this, and then realized I needed a MICRO hdmi, not a MINI hdmi. But we're keeping this anyway because we do have other mini-hdmi devices in the house. It works as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, it's cheap. Nuff said., December 28, 2012
Phil Haussmann (Port Washington, New York United States) - See all my reviews
It works great, and it's only like 5 or 6 dollars, perfect for connecting a TV to a graphics card that takes mini-hdmi. Works great with my dual monitor setup and I just got Display Fusion to make the two work even better together.