Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BlueRigger Premium Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Male to Female Adaptor Cable (15cm) - MacBook Pro/Air - with HD Audio
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 2, 2013
Adapter worked fine for me for almost 6 month. I used it rarely, though had no issues with it. Till it just fell apart on one of the sides: I've attached an image to customer images section.
So... 3 stars: product is good and works fine, though the construction itself is weak. Even with gentle rare usage got easily broken.

4/12/2013 - update

Contacted the support team: they have sent me a replacement. Works perfect. Switching from 3 to 4 stars as device itself worked without issues and when it got physically broken, supplier resolved the problem in timely and quality manner. Might get it to 5 starts after couple month if there would be no issues with the replaced adapter.
review image
11 comment|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2014
It seems to work fine, but the actual product doesn't look anything like the picture. I told a student of mine that I ordered it because I liked the narrow profile of the female end of it, so he ordered one too. We were both surprised to find that the female end of the cable (pictured in the foreground) we received was about 3X to 4X wider than the connector that's pictured! The picture is totally deceptive because it's not what they ship. I don't like that, so I gave it 2 stars for lack of truth in advertising: one star because it works, and two stars because it's white. But in the interest of full disclosure, and to be fair, my impression of BlueRigger products and their brand has otherwise been great. I got an extra- long HDMI cable from them just prior to this order that was exactly what I had hoped it would be, if not more. I love the look and the quality. So why did this connector offering not match the BlueRigger "Premium" brand promise? Your guess is as good as mine.
on August 5, 2014
Excellent adapter. once you know the trick that makes all MiniDisplay to HDMI operative. (Without the trick, nothing works.) BlueRigger taught me the trick, and were the only people who bothered to explain this crucial detail), your computer only checks its MIniDisplay port once--at start-up--to see whether it is in use. (This may also be true of your TV and its HDMI port.) So, to make this connection work, you want to have your computer shut down and your TV set off. Then put the cabling together: MiniDisplay connected to computer, HDMI to your TV (most likely the HDMI2 slot), then attach the two cables to each other. Then, and only then, turn on your TV and your computer. As the TV screen clears, you should see your computer's screen mirrored on the TV. (One final superiority of this BlueRigger adapter: it's a MiniDisplay to HDMI-Female cable. Since most HDMI extension cables [and you'll want one so the computer can remain near you, not near the TV] are male/male cables, so, unless your adapter has a HDMI-Female end, as the BlueRigger does, you'll have to pick up an extra part: an HDMI-female/ HDMI-female plug to connect the cables coming from your TV and computer.) Shipping was admirably swift.
on July 3, 2014
I bought this because I have a ThinkPad W540 laptop that doesn't have an HDMI port.

At my desk at home I use an Insignia TV as a 2nd monitor for my laptop. I use an HDMI cable to connect the two since my old laptop had an HDMI port. My new computer doesn't have an HDMI port, so I bought this guy and it works as it should.

Mine is white. It looks and feels high quality. My only concern is the female HDMI end seems to be a tiiiny bit too small, because when I plug the HDMI cable into it, it is reeeally tight... like REALLY tight. However, this shouldn't keep you from buying this adapter.

If you are going to plug it in and leave it that way, I say this is a 5 star cable, but if you plug and unplug the adapter and the male HDMI part a lot then something might break over time. I have never used an HDMI to Mini display adapter before so this might just be how they all are.

I would buy this again.
on February 10, 2012
This item works perfectly and supports audio as described. One thing I noticed is that my older Mac (2009) wasn't able to support the audio to the TV, but my wife's slightly newer Mac (2010) did.
I used this to connect a three year old Macbook Pro to an HDMI TV so that I could view my computer's display on a larger monitor. The Mac has a DisplayPort Video Out connection on the left side which the BlueRigger fits into. I connected the other end to an HDMI cable running to the HDMI input on my TV. Once setup, the display looks great and there does not appear to be any deterioration in quality or resolution, even at 1080p. The DsiplayPort connection and the female HDMI connection on the BlueRigger form a secure fit with the HDMI cable and it's not likely to come loose. The cable looks nice and appears to be high quality with a thick casing.

If after connecting the cable you see a Galaxy background, blue/black screen, or other anomaly on your external monitor, try going into DISPLAYS and then ARRANGEMENT and checking the box that says to mirror the display. You will only need to do that once. After it is setup, it should instantly mirror the display on the external source with about 4 seconds of plugging in the BlueRigger.
on June 6, 2013
After two week's use for about 2 hours every day, it seems that BlueRigger has made a good quality adapter.

I have a 2012 MacBook Pro. I use the adapter to connect the computer to my AV receiver and thusly to my TV. I can't see any picture or audio quality loss as compared to the computer's own output. The connectors are firm, too, as to not fall out or disconnect due to the weight of itself and/or the HDMI cable.

Upon first use, the buyer will have to change the output setting in System Preferences' "Sound" pane to match the connected device. In my case, it's identified as "Sony AVAMP" but results will vary. The point is that it will be easy to identify, and this necessary step is not unreasonable.

After adjusting the setting, subsequent disconnects and reconnects will not require you to change the Sound output setting.

This was a great purchase, I'm completely satisfied, and I'm glad I didn't buy the $40 Apple brand adapter.

My only wish is that BlueRigger would make a Lightning-to-HDMI adapter for my iOS devices, too. But that will not affect my rating of this product.
on April 14, 2016
In this day and age, you can literally watch everything and anything on the internet (for better or for worse). That being said being as semi-tech-savvy bachelor it made perfect sense to forgo any extra cable or satellite tv bills and just watch everything online. I can watch ANY live sporting event, ANY movie ever made, and ANY TV show and most of all those without commercials! So ya it was an easy choice and a major money saving event! But we couldn't sacrifice the big screen TV with high definition we needed an adapter.

I have owned a few of these in my life time. I have owned 2 that are mini display port to HDMI and one that I used at school that was mini display port to VGA for school presentations and such. This mini display port to HDMI adapter is very high quality and works flawlessly. I have used it one three different computers all with no problems. I have used it with a 2008 MacBook Pro, a 2012 MacBook Pro and a 2014 MacBook Air. I have zero problems with any of them and they all performed as I would expect. The computers that support sound through HDMI send the sound to the TV with no problem and all of them sent a very crisp and high-quality image expected from an HDMI cable adapter. It should be noted that this model does not do active 2k or 4k resolution but neither do my computers or big screen TV so that isn't an issue for me. If you have a need for the 4k active adapter you will need to spend much more than twice what this costs. This mini display port to HDMI adapter seems to be made very well. The cable is thick yet flexible, and the joints all are supported well so there should be no breakage even after years of work.

For me, this mini display port to HDMI adapter was plug and play. Sometimes I have to hold down the "option" button and click on the sound icon up on the top of the mac menu and select the output to go over HDMI but that is easy. Other than that if you have a problem then you need to turn screen mirroring on and stuff like that. I won't go into all those details because they are easy to find online or in your computer's user manual.

Pros:
High-quality mini display port to HDMI adapter
Worked flawlessly with all 3 of my MacBooks
The cable joints all seem very secure
Nice gold plated connections for a nice and crisp video image quality
Sounds gets to the TV without any issue and sounds very good!
Great value and price

Cons:
None this mini display port to HDMI adapter is exactly as advertised!

I am very happy with this cable. The reason I bought an extra one was so I had one to leave at my girlfriend's house. They are cheap enough that it is worth it for me to buy some extras rather than unplug, transport, and remember to bring it back when I am done using it at her house. I would recommend this to anybody who has a device that has a mini display port! Even if you don't watch all your tv online off the computer like I do you never know when you will want to show family or guests something off of your computer onto the big screen tv! I love these little devices!

I received this item at a discount in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. We all rely on reviews when making purchases on Amazon. It is what makes Amazon so great! That being said I am honest in my item reviewing, I would not put my endorsement on a product I did not feel good about. The price I paid for the product did not alter my review. I hope you find my review helpful!
on April 19, 2015
I dislike it because it turned out to be a passive adapter.....not an active adaptor. It likely works fine within its limitations....which do not include functioning by adding another "clock" to drive a third monitor using AMD's EyeFinity multiple monitor program.
on December 19, 2013
This is the third product from this company I have had that has quit in the 2-3 month time frame. Long enough that you can't send it back, short enough that you've wasted your money.

Update: The company did contact me and send me 3 replacements, so I upgraded from one star to three stars for customer service. Two of the three work fine and have lasted longer than 3 months.