4.0 out of 5 stars Out of date picture
I ordered the Blueair filters from the Recording Store, and they were not shipped until 5 days after the order was placed which resulted in longer shipping time than from other retailers. They were genuine Blueair filters and arrived in good shape.

Published on May 8, 2009 by M. Hays

3.0 out of 5 stars Why are they shrinking?
Published on November 25, 2011 by S. R. Weissflog

3.0 out of 5 stars Why are they shrinking?, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Blueair Replacement Particle Filter for Blueair 500/600 Series Air Purifiers, Set of 3 (Kitchen)
First, the good - pricing was best after searching the internet. Now, the bad - Blueair seems to be cutting every corner it can think of. The surface area of the filter has been reduced so they colored the outside of the box black (previously it was white) so you don't notice that it no longer fills the entire screen of your Blueair unit. You can see that now 10% of the edges are cardboard and not filter. Secondly, at night I can now see light shining from inside the Blueair unit, meaning the filters are now thin enough to let light through where the old one were not. Sad that Blueair felt they had to go this route. I would rather they raise prices and keep a producing a quality product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Out of date picture, May 8, 2009

With regard to others complaints about not having the charcoal filter, that's true, but after visiting the Blueair web site, it looks like Blueair has changed their manufacturing process and now include active carbon in the polypropylene portion of the filter.

3.0 out of 5 stars wrong picture, March 4, 2009
I just purchased these filters are they do not match the picture. I have owned my purifier for a couple years now and have bought several sets of replacements. This is the first time that I received filters without the additional black carbon filter. The most recent set are just the white particle filter.

Yes, I know they sell several kinds of different filters, but I pulled up one of my old orders and clicked through to the product so I would expect to receive the exact same item. And not matter what, the picture shows the filter with carbon, which is definitely not what they shipped.

Hopefully this is just an Amazon glitch and they will sort it out quickly because the Blueair is a great air purifier. I've never had a problem with mine and it does a great job of cleaning the air.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best there is, June 18, 2007
I have lived with allergies for years and in that time tried several purifiers.

The Bluair is simply the best I have ever used. There has been a noticable reduction in airborn allergens in my place. I have even weened off my allergy meds. Using this in conjunction with allergy reducing pillow cases and mattress covers will improve your quality of life by 100%

The ONLY thing I wish the machine had was a UV light, but you can keep the negative ION crap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, December 13, 2012
Ethel Thrift (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
We have the unit for almost a couple of years now. It helps a lot in cleaning the air in the house. We no longer suffer from headaches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slipping, but still the best that I have found., November 7, 2011
The first sets of filters that I bought for my 601 came from Ireland and were exact and looked like they were worth the $75 or $90, whatever it was that I paid for them. Since then it seems like each time that I purchase filters they become a little smaller and a little cheaper looking.. but what are ya gonna do? It is still the best system that I have found and Amazon still sells them as inexpensively as anyone else.

Regarding the white cardboard showing through.. The black, 'Giant' Sanford magic marker, I believe, is the one that will cover the edges of the cardboard in one pass.

I have a small (less than 600 sq. ft.) apartment, and the BlueAir 601, placed in a central location seems to do a credible job of cleaning the air throughout. It has 3 speeds. The lowest, you cannot hear it run. The middle, where I leave it most of the time that the apt. is shut up, is lightly audible but of the type noise you can very quickly ignore. Top speed is loud but I only use that periodically.. when cooking odors, for instance, are present. I don't feel that it eliminates odors, with the regular particle filters, but it does seem to help.

As I only have my apt. closed up enough to justify using the 601 for half of the year, I use the filters for one year.. cleaning the machine and changing the filters at New Years, and cleaning the machine (with a quick pass over the dusty side of the filters) near the fourth of July, when I do other unrelated maintenance. The 601 is relatively easy to break down and vacuum. There are a few areas that I wish were easier to get to, such as the fan blades themselves and some of the wiring, but on the whole it's not that tough a chore!

I would recommend the BlueAir 600 series to anyone contemplating an air cleaner, who would like to avoid buying several cheaper systems on their way to finding out they should have just 'bit the bullet' and started with this more expensive but efficient unit to begin with...

3.0 out of 5 stars Blueair Replacement Particle Filter for Blueair 500/600 Series Air, February 15, 2014
Jon/Joy (Las Vegas, Nv) - See all my reviews
The filters and unit work very well. but I have since found other units that work just a well that are far less expensive. I have to replace the filters on this unit at a minimum of twice a year for a total of $159.00. ( you must change all three filters at 6 month intervals at approximately $79.00 for a 3-pack) That's $474.00 in a 3 year period. I wish I had done my homework before I bought this Blueair unit. In addition, the fastest speed on my unit stopped working after 8 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exact replacement no issues, February 1, 2014
These are exact replacement filters for my model 500. Do keep in mind that its best to take apart your blue air unit and clean out with vacuum.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have allergies or asthma I highly recommend!, November 13, 2013
some people are saying they are cheaper, or don't work as well, I have to say that i believe they work just the same as the originals after doing some research i found they have modified their filters to include the other aspects to be built right into the filter. I have a dog that I am allergic to and have asthma from said dog, this air purifier is ideal. It has helped with breathing and sneezing issues i have. Also have to add I have an open floor plan & this purifier does the job I highly recommend if you have similar issues!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I really do like these because I like to breathe clean air, October 1, 2013
I have a compromised health system called “I Like To Live”. So I purchased this every 6 months and tried to run on high for 5 min. every morning to help breathe a little better and I swear it works.

Rate and Discover Movies