Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 6, 2011
I foolishly put off replacing my filter for about 1 year. I figured I could get away with it because I keep a very clean house. I'm allergic and my kid has asthma, so I'm always dusting with Swiffers, microfiber mopping, etc. Nobody smokes around here; there are no pets; the windows are closed 9 months out of the year and the rest of the time we use window air conditioning units. Nevertheless, when I went to change my 200PF HEPA filter, I noticed that while the new one was translucent and white, the old one was dark grey and opaque. Curious, I weighed the filters on my postage scale. The old one weighed a full 2-1/2 oz more than the new one. I know it wasn't moisture, because my air is bone dry. Nope -- the filter was saturated with 2.5 ounces of particulate gunk that would've been destined for my family's lungs.

Suddenly it doesn't seem like such an indulgence to replace the filter every six months.
on November 3, 2012
air purifier is great...it does what it states. It is great at removing the odor from our wood burning fireplace and also removes cooking odors well. ONE issue I have is that the filter is STUPENDOUSLY OVER-PRICED. What is up with that??????
44 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2012
I just changed my filter today for the first time with 8 days remaining on the counter, so I'm not overdue. And comparing the used filter to the new filter was a huge difference. It seriously trapped a lot of dust. The old one is gray and heavy, so you know it worked. The reason it's not getting 5 stars is price. It probably costs two bucks to make this thing and it sells on Amazon for about 50 bucks...crazy! And you have to replace it 2x a year, so that really adds up (as if it were cheap in the first place). The Blue Air website charges nearly 70 dollars for the same filter so I am really glad I checked Amazon because I saved 20 bucks. So I'm taking off a star for it being a rip off, though if I could dock an extra half-star and give it 3.5 I would because this is one of the biggest rip-offs I've bought since it's both an ongoing expense and marked up way too much.
But of course, this has made a huge difference so I will continue to buy it, and Blue Air will continue to leverage my bad sinus against me so they can overcharge for replacement filters. I mean, your health is priceless so it's worth it, right?
on March 28, 2013
I got my filter for my blue air at walgreens.com, free shipping and 20% off. After tax it was $43.29, So check them out first!
on June 4, 2014
Seems like the same product we've used in past but these filters emit a foul odor that simply render the filtration unit unusable. Feels like I'm poisoning my family. I'll stick to buying filters from C___, spend a bit more money as we've done in the past, breathe clean air and move on with our lives.
on October 20, 2013
I have two different air filtration systems. One that cost $125 and the BlueAir 200 series which was more than twice the price at $330. The BlueAir though is a far better unit than the cheaper system (they are both HEPA). I cannot say enough about the quality of the unit let alone the filters. People have complained about the price of the filter but I say the quality provides value based on cost. These filters are also electrostaticaly charged and trap all sorts of particles. Those of you around my age (57) will remember back in school how we were shown how much tar one cigarette left when sucked through a plain napkin. I suppose it could depend on where you live but after 6 months when the timer went off to replace the filter, I compared the dirty filter with new and could not believe how much particulate matter was trapped in this filter. I'm so glad none of that ended up in my lungs. We have a lab and she sheds big time. The hair in our house has also reduced dramatically since we purchased this unit. We will be purchasing the larger unit for my basement office and still a third for our living room. The filter works great and I am so glad I found the BlueAir filtration system! Highly recommended.
on December 20, 2012
As an allergy sufferer who couldn't give up my dogs or my feather duvet (two things I am very allergic to), I decided to get an air purifier instead. I love my Blueair, and when I got my replacement filters, I saw just how much junk this filter traps! The only complaint I have is that now when I sleep somewhere where I don't have my air purifier, I wake up congested. My Blueair has spoiled me! :)
on December 13, 2012
Like most air filters I think these are way overpriced. By running my filter continuously on low they last a full year instead of the 6 months they recommend.
on June 23, 2014
For the first 2 months it worked well just as well as the original filter that came along with the model. However now there is a smell such as a burning plastic or some other chemical smell emanating from it. If I remove the filter then the smell goes away and thus it seems it's origin is the filter. This is not how it should be - the original filter did not have any issues - so it seems that there is something going on here.
I have asked this question to the folks at Blue Air and will paste the response when I get it. In the meantime I am giving it 2 stars primarily because the original filter was perfect and this one is not - perhaps it is a faulty one and that such an occurrence is infrequent and will revise the rating depending on what the response is.

EDIT 1:
========
Emailed and got a replacement mailed out from BlueAir. Revising the review to 4 stars based on the service and that there were no charges.
on October 27, 2013
Having suffered with allergies and asthma for years (and yes, I also have PETS) I have a number of air filters/cleaners in my home. Blueair is highly rated and very efficient and one of the tops on my list. Amazon has competitive pricing too - straight to your door.