Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Size: 1 PackChange

on October 8, 2008
This stuff is great! I bought this for my husband, because he has a big ol' hillbilly beard. I love his beard, but it's scratchy and he gets ingrown hairs and it gets a "wet" smell sometimes. He started using this product, and the results were awesome after the first day. HIs beard is soft, all the way down to the skin and the smell is fresh and clean. I LOVE IT! I will buy him this product for the rest of forever. If you or someone you love has a beard, you need this product.
22 comments27 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2010
Really enjoy this product. My beard is 5 yrs old and was in fairly rough shape from my job. It got dry, and my face began to flake and itch. After 45 days worth of every- other day use, my problem is 85% fixed. My lady even reports that it's MUCH softer and shinier, which results in more beard praise! LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!
on November 14, 2011
Bought this product after reading the reviews. I have been using it for about 2 weeks, and other than the nice lime aroma, I have not noticed a softer, cleaner beard. Great that the wash isn't animal tested, but it doesn't hardly lather, and the aroma only last until my beard is dry. Honestly get the same results from a basic baby shampoo. Price was a little stiff for a 4 ounce bottle. Maybe works better on non gray texture beards. Funny thing is, there are no other beard washes available! Still worth a try, but not sure if a second bottle will find it's way to my beard.
on November 2, 2012
I did mass amounts of research on numerous products meant specifically for the beard to no avail until I saw this product along with the 4+ star review and thought, why not? Man, this stuff is awesome! After the first use my beard is already softer and feels cleaner. Not only is this an A+ with my lady but it doesn't feel too bad either haha. I usually have a very itchy, irritated face when I let my beard grow but this has certainly curbed that feeling almost completely. I highly recommend this product and will definitely be ordering another bottle or two when this one is finished!

On a side note, another poster had complained of the overwhelming smell and I admit it does have a heavy cleaner smell but it is by no means so atrocious that it makes the product unusable. It's noticeable because well, it's right beneath your nose! But it dissipates just as quickly once you rinse it out leaving you feeling fresh and clean with no residual smell.
on February 7, 2011
My husband started using this product a couple of years ago, and he's completely addicted. He used to get ingrown hairs and dry, flaky skin under his beard- it drove him nuts, and hearing him complain about it drove me nuts ;-). It would get so bad that once every few months he would have to shave his beard off to let his skin recover. Since he started using Bluebeards his skin has stopped giving him problems altogether! It has totally taken care of the dry skin, and it smells great. I'm sure he'll continue to use it as long as he has a beard. We recommend Bluebeards to everyone!
on March 4, 2013
I love this beard wash. I have a small/medium sized beard and regrettably I have had the worst dry skin under my beard for the longest time. I am constantly scratching my beard and the skin underneath has been in bad condition because of it. I tried to lotion 2-3 times a day, I shower once a day and shampooed it, still nothing was helping. This wash did the trick, you only need a really small amount of it as it lathers well and keeps my beard nice and smooth and also smells fresh!
on August 27, 2011
I've had a beard for a number of years but always taken for granted the dry skin it produces. I had a kind of eureka moment a few weeks ago that it was annoying and that there may be solutions. Since then I found and began using this product daily in small quantity. It works very well, and along with vigorous brushing and drying my beard after washing/swimming my head is looking luxurious with no dry skin or itchiness.

On another note, however, Bluebeard was not a pirate (that would be Edward Teach, aka Blackbeard). Bluebeard was a French serial killer in a fairy tale (murdered a parade of wives) and a book by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
on July 4, 2013
I found this product originally through a YouTube review because I was growing some facial hair and found that my beard had dandruff. I used this in the shower (Along with the Bluebeards beard saver post shower) and the products solved my problem of beard dandruff. This also left the hair on my face feeling smoother and softer.
on August 3, 2013
This product has a light lime scent. I put a bit on my fingers, and massage it in to lather it up. Then I rinse out at the end of my shower. Since I've been using this product I can say the slight dandruff problem I've had has gone away. I do color my beard and have not noticed the soap causing the color to fade.
on January 2, 2011
works great with the companion conditioner. I've been nicknamed "brillo jaws" for years and after a few days of using this product with the conditioner, my beard is now...almost 'soft' to the touch.
I recommend this product along with the conditioner if you're not satisfied with what you're using.