Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on January 8, 2014
Seen some other reviews for another Blue cell product. Unlike tha tone, this one does all 6 variations in pairs and they are all silicone, not hard plastic. If you try to hard, putting the caps on can be a challenge, since they are very small, just like the sticks they go on. didn't bother with the hard plastic attachmnets for the thumbpad though. That's totally up to you, but after finding a texture I liked, I haven't had any problems with it after installing it.
on March 21, 2014
I got these because everyone was saying it "enhances gameplay."
While the product quality is fine, it actually hindered gaming precision.
When these caps are applied to the sticks, it adds a bit of extra diameter and this gets in the way when pressing the face buttons.
There's a reason why Sony made the sticks the way they are. They are kinda small but they work well enough without these extra grips on them.

If anything, get the PS Vita Trigger Grips by PDP. Those will help keep your hands from cramping up in longer play sessions.
55 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2014
I wasn't sure which Bluecell analog sticks to buy, the soft ones (these) or the hard plastic ones. I decided on these ones after seeing all the reviews saying how terrible the hard ones were and how everyone was incredibly mad that they stopped making these ones.

Honestly, I don't like these. They slip off the analog stick constantly, they're kinda slippery themselves and don't add much grip, and most of these 14 covers are useless, with designs that do nothing to add grip with your fingers.

I ended up buying the hard plastic ones a few months later and I haven't taken them off since. They actually don't slip off AT ALL and add a good amount of grip compared to these soft ones. I'd highly recommend you guys get the Bluecell hard plastic ones if you can find them still!
on June 13, 2014
Could be the game im playing but the covers for the analog sticks fell off within 30 minutes of playing god of war collection. I let the dpad/button pad sit with a book on top so the adhesive could make a better connection with the buttons. Started sliding up and down and eventually fell off the dpad.

Wouldnt recommend,
on November 28, 2014
I really don't recommend these. They are made of a cheap rubber. They're pretty difficult to put on, but they come off very easily. The rubber material is also much harder to grip than the standard stick. I would recommend staying away from these.
on April 18, 2015
I just couldn't bring myself to us rubber cement to hold these to the sticks; they just won't hold on to the miniscule analog sticks. I use silicone grips on my two Dualshock 3 controllers and I have to recover and reposition those a few times a week at most; I can't recommend this product but it gets two stars for its potential were the right adhesives used and much tinkering done. I also feel there is no real competition in making better items than this so I will do without.
on April 14, 2014
Somewhat a pain in the butt to put on especially considering how easy they can come off. I'm using the pair with the little nubs all over it and despite the issues I still prefer keeping them on. They do add a substantial amount of grip and I do like the added grip.

I can't say how I would improve the design because the main issue would probably be coming off despite it only happening to myself once and my brother once. Also due to the rubber it really attracts dust and animal fur like crazy. I also don't use the directional pads included and don't plan to. They look cheaply made and don't seem to improve the directional pad on the vita in any way I can really see.

Overall they're an ok product at a somewhat reasonable price point considering you get many sets. They aren't amazing or a must have but they do improve the grip on the joysticks.
on March 15, 2015
The thumb caps keeps popping off...I lost two sets already. The D-pad/action buttons covers are not rubber, they don't simply slip over the buttons like I thought. There is little pieces of plastic with adhesive tape over them so you can stick it on the buttons....a bit clunky when playing with the d-pad...I think this was slightly over-priced.
on March 14, 2014
These covers work somewhat well. I would subjectively say they don't add much to the overall feel and grip of the thumb sticks on the Vita. The package includes a decent variety of covers, so you can choose the ones you like best. They are a bit difficult to properly put on the Vita though, at least for someone with bigger fingers, such as myself.

If you're looking for something that is going to give you the sort of advantage you might get from using KontrolFreeks on a normal controller, you'll be disappointed. However, I chose to use the concave covers, which does seem to help keep my thumbs from slipping off the sticks, but just barely.

It would be nice if they added just a little more height to the sticks to help prevent accidental screen touches with your thumb. As they are, they only provide maybe a millimeter of additional height, so my thumb will still occasionally brush the screen while playing FPS type games (i.e. Killzone Mercenary).
on August 8, 2015
The Vita's sticks, for me, simply don't feel right. They're so small that you end up tilting them where you want to go instead of pressing and guiding them. These analog caps fix that, and every Vita owner should have a pair.

Firstly, these are not hard plastic; they're silicone caps. They're a little tricky to put on; you align the lip of the cap on one side of the stick, and then push the the cap over the rest of the stick in the opposite direction until they sit tightly over the stick. In my experience, these caps are very secure once put on properly; they stay on even when slipping the Vita in/out of a carrying pouch.

These grips enhance the surface area of the sticks making for a much better feel; Of the 6 pairs included in the Amazon main picture, I use the bottom left (concave, like Xbox 360), bottom right (concentric circles, like Gamecube), and middle right (convex dotted surface, somewhat like PS3). I like the concave ones the most, but they all work very well. Playing Killzone Mercenary with these on vs off is a night and day difference. Can't comment on the D-pad add-ons, but they are plastic and attach to the Vita's D-pad with tape blocks, so I avoided them altogether.

And at a price of $4, these are a no brainer. Sony should consider officially licensing these so they can be sold in store: these are Vita essentials.