5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the expensive ones
This seems to be identical to the more expensive clips sold with the "sling" type camera straps. I made my own out of nylon webbing and the neoprene pad from an old strap. Added this and the tripod screw connector and made my own for about $15-$20.
Published 20 months ago by S. S

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised
Although the product page lists this as a bluecell carabiner, this is in fact a product made by Caden and it just happens to include a bluecell velcro strip.

Also, don't purchase this if you are expecting more than one of the carabiner parts. The way it seems this was intended to be used is as seen in this flickr album: [...]

Additionally, here are...
Published 19 months ago by Theodore

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Bluecell Quick Release Trigger Snap Hook Ring Carabiner with Screw Lock for DSLR DC Camera Sling Strap (Electronics)

Additionally, here are some rough measurements, since the product page didn't provide any:
The diameter of the metal is 1/2 cm or 1/5 in.
From the bottom of the clasp to the top of the carabiner measures 6 cm or 2 3/8 in.
From top to bottom of the carabiner (interior) measures 3.2 cm or 1 1/4 in.
The width of the carabiner (interior) measures 1.5 cm or 9/16 in at its widest.
The rectangular clasp measures 2.75 cm or 1 1/16 in wide.
The rectangular clasp measures 1 cm or 3/8 in across.

Review of the carabiner.
The carabiner seems pretty sturdy. The spinner is pretty loose but it doesn't seem like it is in risk of falling out. The latch of the carabiner seems ok, however it uses the sort of spring that I associate with low build quality and I've observed is prone to falling out. I suppose the spring mechanism on the gate isn't too big of a deal since it has the screw lock to keep it in place. Overall, I think the build quality is pretty good. The issue I have with this is false advertising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the expensive ones, December 6, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem secure., October 12, 2013
I can't believe this device is designed to secure expensive cameras to shoulder straps. The screw lock doesn't have a stop when it's fully tightened, which is to say, it doesn't fully tighten. While you're screwing it tight, the lock just comes of the screw and slides up towards the top of the ring. Furthermore, I wish the sizing was more precise, especially what size strap it was designed to fit. For the record, it fits 1" or less. It could not handle my 1.5" strap.

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchased two, both now require pliers to remove, March 21, 2014
The threads of the locking sleeve seem to cross thread very easy or something to that effect. Use one from my tripod carry strap and the other for my camera sling. Forget about a quick detachment, can unscrew the locking sleeve now to install.

Didn't have good luck with this design, will keep looking for something better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, October 9, 2013
I purchased these to modify a dual camera harness to be more like the Black Rapid Straps and it works perfectly. The carabiner is a sturdy metal and the screw lock fully prevents unwanted openings. The carabiner also swivels on its base - this is a feature that I wanted for my cameras, but be aware that what is attached can swing due to this feature. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the quality and the value of this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more engineering., July 6, 2013
Richard (Tampa Bay, FL) - See all my reviews
I didn't like the way the safety lock works. There is no travel stop and it appears it could back off by itself and inadvertently open.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an experiment, June 19, 2013
Bought this snap because of threaded lock like a locking carabineer. The thread / nut is very, very loose. Also the spec doesn't say it's for 1 inch strap or weight load. I was hoping for 1.25-1.5 strap but will prototype my idea and run my test[s]. The loose thread/nut lock feature would however be a deal breaker unless this one just got by quality control. Like I said it's good enough for my experiment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for spares or making your own straps., June 14, 2013
I bought several spare hooks and screw mounts to add to my camera strap or make repairs if needed. The quality of these matches what came on my BlackRapid strap. You could use these to make straps for almost anything.

3.0 out of 5 stars Same as the one on the quick strap, June 7, 2013
I was advised that the one on the quick strap (DSLR strap) was prone to failure so should replace it. This is exactly the same as the one, so either it's good or it'll fail and dump you DSLR on the the deck. I 'm taking the chance. I ended up using a double ended boat swivel from walmart ($3), a small quick link and a micro climbing carabiner. Each item has a load bearing of several hundred pounds so I should be good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., May 22, 2013
Just as good as the well known name brand costing 3 to 4 time the price . I highly recommend it.

Rate and Discover Movies