5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise, May 13, 2011
This review is from: Bluegrass Soy Sauce (Misc.)
I watched an episode o "How Things are Made" on Discovery Channell and saw Bluegrass Soy Sauce featured. On a whim, I ordered a bottle. It took several weeks to arrive, but when it did - what a surprise. My teenage son wanted to try it, and did. He loved it immediately. Now he puts it on many things. My wife and I were very pleasantly surprised and liked it very much. In the past, I made many trips to the Far East and developed a real liking for Soy Sauce (where virtually all of it is made). What a treat to find a handmade American product, that competes with (and wins), against a Japanese/Chinese national staple!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets My Vote, August 28, 2011
This review is from: Bluegrass Soy Sauce (Misc.)
My bottle arrived just in time for a sushi dinner and game night planned with friends. I had three soy sauces to choose from. After some sampling we were all using the Bluegrass! Everyone enjoyed the light smoothness a subtle sweetness. We were splashing right on every piece, rather that dunking/dipping. Friends wanted to know where I found it. I'm going back to order more right now, and I'll be ordering 3 extra bottles because they are going to make a great little gift that's affordable and unique; instead of the traditional bottle of wine that so common it's boring.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good soy sauce, but not special. Mainly good as unique gift., September 5, 2010
Electric Leaf (Cincinnati, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluegrass Soy Sauce (Misc.)
This is pretty good regular style soy sauce. But it is not super-wonderful-better than any other good quality soy sauce you can buy in an Asian market. The main value is as a unique gift.
In the Japanese soy sauce world, there are 4 types: regular, mild (usukuchi), for raw fish (sashimi) and light colored. Bluegrass soy sauce is regular style. Compared to Kikoman (a good commercial brand that is widely available) Bluegrass starts saltier, is flat in the middle, then ends with a complex & interesting flavor. Kikoman is less salty initially and has a round, full flavor in the middle. Doesn't have the complex ending flavors. For me, the initial saltiness of Bluegrass is a minus and Kikoman's full middle flavor is a plus. I prefere Kikoman, especially for dipping sushi where the flavor is more direct. But I lived in Japan for many years and am used to the standard Japanese flavor. I haven't tried Bluegrass blended in other food as a background flavor, which is how soy sauce is usually used.
Bluegrass is a perfectly good soy sauce. Each brand has a different flavor and everyone has their favorite. If you want a unique Kentucky gift for an Asian friend, this is different than the standard bottle of Bourbon or box of chocolate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluegrass Soy Sauce Review, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Bluegrass Soy Sauce (Misc.)
Product is superb. Has a Medium Bourbon Flavor, meaning that you can tell it is in there. A nice twist for soy sauce that would not be common for Oriental dishes. Not overly strong, used the normal amount that we would have applied to these type of meals.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best soy sauce ever!!!, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Bluegrass Soy Sauce (Misc.)
I caught the name of this brand watching a program on making soy sauce, and decided to try it. Well I'll tell you its the BEST soy sauce out there and well worth the extra price!!

Try it! You'll like it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars less salty more tasty!, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Bluegrass Soy Sauce (Misc.)
Very nice flavor and less salt than regualr soy sauce. So if you are trying to cut down on sodium, this could be a good product for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars And I though kikkoman was good?, September 29, 2012
This review is from: Bluegrass Soy Sauce (Misc.)
If you enjoy the flavor of soy you will really like this.

Plus its hand made in the good ole USA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than anything in the supermarket!, September 27, 2012
This review is from: Bluegrass Soy Sauce (Misc.)
I recently acquired a bottle of this and was immediately impressed. It has good flavor without all the excessive saltiness of supermarket brands. I've used it for marinades and dipping sauces in addition to straight use and in all cases it has added a little something extra. Quite a surprise to find an American made soy sauce that tastes this good!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Soy Sauce I ever tasted!, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Bluegrass Soy Sauce (Misc.)
It is not as salty as some soy sauces; it is very flavorful, and it is simply a superior product taste-wise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Soy Sauce Ever!!!, August 31, 2012
This review is from: Bluegrass Soy Sauce (Misc.)
This soy sauce is the best we have ever had. Thanks to Amazon, we were able to find it again. It makes a big difference when using this product. Thanks again

Bluegrass Soy Sauce
Bluegrass Soy Sauce by Bluegrass Soy Sauce Co.
Add to wishlist