5.0 out of 5 stars awesome
Published 12 months ago by JVE

3.0 out of 5 stars Black plastic box ... bit ugly ... it could be better
Published 18 months ago by PSB

3.0 out of 5 stars Black plastic box ... bit ugly ... it could be better, August 3, 2013
PSB (Portland, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluelounge CableBox Mini Cable Management with Small Surge Protector, Black (CBM-BL) (Personal Computers)
I purchased this box to clean up some of the clutter behind a Laptop that sits on a desk close to the kitchen. It does the job in so much as all the wires and power bricks now sit inside of this cablebox. However, I'm somewhat disappointed. First: the box itself is a cheap grade of plastic ... so I have just replaced ugly cables and power bricks with an equally ugly black box. Less clutter, but still ugly. Second, the shape is strange; I can't help thinking longer skinnier, or deeper shallower would be more aesthetically pleasing. Second: as another reviewer commented - why on earth a beige cable and power strip with a black box? Someone who buys this kind of thing is looking for something clean and pleasing to the eye to replace something less pleasing. It only fulfills half the promise - its better than what was there before, but its still an eyesore. Could be a lot better, especially for the money. If you want to clean up clutter under a desk this is probably fine, if you want to clean up clutter on a desk ... you may be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, January 31, 2014
JVE "Jill" (Denver,CO United States) - See all my reviews
I love this box. It is a nice simple design that does exactly as it should, hide my ugly cords. I ordered this box for my kitchen counter (see my before and after photo). My cordless phone and airplay speaker sit next to each other on the counter. My speaker has a lot of cordage as you can see. The CableBox mini is perfect. It has a surge protector with 4 slots. If you have giant plugs keep that in mind as they might block some of the outlets. Other reviewers didn't seem to like that the surge protector is beige. I actually like it. My backsplash is beige, so it was perfect. Most designers (like myself) like the cords to be white or beige as most people have light colored walls. That way the cord isn't so obvious. But of course it comes down to personal preference. Surge protectors have thick cords so like in my case most of the cord is still in the CableBox mini, but it wasn't a problem at all. The box has a semi-matte finish so it has some sheen, not too dull, not too super shiny, but I could still see some flow marks in the plastic so that was slightly annoying to the designer side of me :-) Overall a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sure you can buy a knockoff. Here's why I didn't., July 27, 2014
The first time I saw this product and the substantially cheaper cost of a knockoff also offered on Amazon I went for the cheaper product. It worked, but it was cheesy: didn't open easily, etc. Then I looked at all the other Bluelounge stuff I've purchased and how creative it was and thought these were folks I wanted to support. So, I spent the extra money on three Bluelounge boxes and couldn't be happier. They look better, they work better and I feel better knowing I'm supporting some design superstars. Maybe you should too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the surge arrestor - only for 110V, November 4, 2013
Jérôme Meyer (Sheung Wan, Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
It should be mentioned more clearly that the surge protector is only for 110V power (and not 220V). And the beige cable is really an eye sore, especially against the black box!

3.0 out of 5 stars This product combo is not for design-conscious unfortunately., April 8, 2013
This item is made for someone who cares about appearances. So how is it possible that there is a black box but a beige/grey powersurge? The beige cable coming out of black box is just not right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as described, June 28, 2014
This item is just as described. It is perfect for hiding unsightly cord masses and i appreciate that it comes with a power strip to fit inside. I also use it as a way to keep kids away from plugs. The top could be removed by any child, but hiding those tempting cords is enough to keep them from getting too curious. With that said, the price seems steep for a simple plastic box, but it truly is the best option out there. I would still buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, the second one I bught!, June 27, 2014
Love it, this is the second one I bought. It works perfect for hiding all those cords you don't want out in the open and everywhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected, May 25, 2014
I wish the cord was longer on the extension. I had to return because it was too short and it was also a cheap black plastic box.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small but very useful, May 19, 2014
I expected a bigger case but still do what is designed for. If you have a tv, a video game and a home theater you will need some thing else to hide all your cables

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice box, May 9, 2014
I got a pink one on clearance at Office Depot for $10. I keep it under my desk, which is great. I used to have cords all over the place & now they are mostly contained in the box. Keeps my feet from getting tangled in wires. The little power strip only has 4 outlets & longer ones don't fit in the box. So I wouldn't recommend it if you need more than 4 outlets.