5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful simplicity and wonderfully practical
Overpriced? You bet! While paying $30.00 for a cheap, plastic box seems like a huge waste of money, it's well worth it to clear up the spaghetti mess of cables that pile up under our desks, entertainment centers, etc. I bought $120 worth of these units and don't regret it at all.

Published on July 22, 2010 by SmokinHalfNote

3.0 out of 5 stars White one may discolor with age
Published on June 5, 2011 by Terrence Chay

3.0 out of 5 stars White one may discolor with age, June 5, 2011
Terrence Chay "tychay" (San Francisco, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluelounge CableBox White - Cable Management (Electronics)
I purchased this a number of years ago, which I wrote about: [...]. It's just a box with two holes in it, but it actually works and has survived two moves. The device comes with a bunch of tie twists or zip ties (forgot which) which you can do yourself a favor and throw away (mine are still taped to the cablebox), and instead get a bunch of CableBuddies or velcro zip ties.

Use this in places where you cannot hide the cabling. For instance, companies sell clamp-on or screw-mount cableways (or you can DIY a pegboard) and almost all power supplies have screw mounts for wall or desk mounting so you probably should use those over these on office desks and plain tables. Also, avoid this if you have only a few electronics since companies like Belkin make designer power supplies for hiding cables and a good set of CableBuddies will allow you to shorten and organize a few cables

However in places like exposed TV mount setups, kitchen offices, and the like, the cablebox really comes in handy if you have a lot of electornics. The box is quite big and needs to be for it to work well. If it is too big for you then that area would have been better served with cable ties and cord organizers.

The CableBox is both simple and thoughful which, in my opinion, is the hallmark for good design. I am docking a star because my white one yellowed over a number of years due to sun exposure and heat (of the power supplies). I'm docking another star for the value--I'd personally pay more with a higher quality plastic, or the price of these should be less so you can buy tons. If it were made in the USA, I'd understand the premium. Also be aware that since I wrote my review, these are also available in more colors than black and white and also in smaller sizes (though see the limited utility above). So consider those before purchasing. I do recommend these and the Bluelounge brand, so don't let my three stars discourage you from making a purchase (even this one). You are better with one of these organizing cable clutter than without.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful simplicity and wonderfully practical, July 22, 2010
This review is from: Bluelounge CableBox White - Cable Management (Electronics)

All in all, the CableBox is just a great idea and, quite frankly, one I'd had myself years ago. Glad somebody finally put a product like this on the market. It's far better than trying to tie up the cables and make it look passable. Just hide the suckers! And if you're a Mac person, the boxes have an "Applesque" feel to them and go quite well with iMacs, MacBooks, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Night & Day Difference - From Spaghetti to Zen, March 29, 2011
This review is from: Bluelounge CableBox White - Cable Management (Electronics)
I LOVE this box. In fact, I bought three of them and couldn't be happier. The rat's nest next to my printer is now hidden away in a neat white box. Sure, you have cables sticking out of either end, but the unsightly clutter is gone. After extensive research, this product seemed to be the best option for a residence, where you don't want to attach boxes to the walls or furniture. I wish I had found it years ago.

The design is clean and beautiful. The pieces fit together snugly. One is currently hiding a large surge protector, 9 cords and 3 power supplies. In my mind, the $30 is a bargain. Looking at that corner with its jumble of wires (even though all were neatly coiled and wrapped) caused a great deal of angst. (Yes, I know they have meds for that, thank you.) Now, everything in contained, and I'm no longer embarrassed to show people my home office, which is good since we're listing our home for sale and prospective buyers will be tromping through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced? Maybe. Does the job? Totally., January 11, 2011
This review is from: Bluelounge CableBox White - Cable Management (Electronics)
I was kinda wary about buying just a box for $25. The fact that with a Prime account I could get free two day shipping and it saved me the effort of few hours trip via public transit to Ikea for a similar item won me over. It's a sturdy box that the top isn't in danger of popping off if you have thick not easily bended cabling rolled up in it. The tangled web of cords was driving me batty just thinking about and now I can't stop peeking under the desk to admire the box.

It's a good buy if you either can't get to an Ikea or like me just can't be bothered. I don't regret the purchase in the least.

3.0 out of 5 stars This thing is HUGE!!!, September 15, 2012
This review is from: Bluelounge CableBox White - Cable Management (Electronics)
I purchased this Blue Lounge Design CableBox System to go in my living room and to satisfy two main goals:

1) Conceal the cables for my TV, WiFi router, Xbox, clock, etc that go into a very basic 6 outlet power strip

2) Stop my 1.5 year old son from constantly switching the on/off switch on the power strip. Even though it is hidden under a chair, he still switches it off at least once a day, resetting the clock, shutting down internet access in the house, etc. Pretty annoying, but how can you blame him, right?

Before I go on an uncontrollable rant (that probably could have been prevented if I read a few more reviews on this thing), I will say, the BL management system does satisfy both goals, conceals the strip and stops the 1.5 year old from shutting down my family's access to the secular world.

BUT IT IS HUGE!! I was hoping this thing would basically be a bit larger than my skinny 6 outlet power strip, but instead I could house my strip, all the other 6 outlet strips in my abode, and both my neighbors! I am not kidding, this thing is industrial/commercial sized. Now, if you have a massive 12 or more outlet power strip, get this thing because it will have a 2 bed/1 bath house to sleep in. My little 6 outlet strip however, is now living lavish in a 6 bed/3 bath/4 car garage property.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great idea and very well made, August 29, 2013
Length:: 0:51 Mins

The CableBox is a simple enough thing, a large, very sturdy plastic box with slits on either side, a lid that fits snugly, and rubber pads on the bottom. Sure wish I would have thought of it.

It is bigger than I might have expected and exactly the dimensions that are provide in the Amazon listing (5.5" wide by 6.5" high by 16 inches long). The accompanying video should help you visualize that size. It turns out, bigger than expected or not, the size was perfect.

It easily accommodated my Belkin 12-Outlet Surge Protector. There was plenty of room if I had any of those annoying power adapters plugged into it and there was space so I could pull in all the excess cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use cable management system, May 10, 2011
C. Tucker (Chatleston, SC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluelounge CableBox White - Cable Management (Electronics)
It's pretty simple. It's a box to place your power strip in along with extra cables. The unit is large and supports power strips with two rows of outlets. The box is well constructed, so sturdy in fact that I put my monitor on top of it. Would definitely recommend to someone looking to organize cables more easily and efficiently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, and well worth the price., December 30, 2011
This box is sturdy and gets the job done. $25 is nothing compared to the aesthetic value this brings to one's computer desk (or wherever else one might use it). If you are someone who hates seeing the forest of cables beneath your desk, this is the perfect item. I also purchased Monster's Cable-it to gather the cables running into the cable management box, and it really cleaned up what had been a mess of cords until that point.

Just so everyone is aware, the surge protector / power strip that I was originally planning on using was too long and wouldn't fit into this thing; you will probably need to get a new (smaller) surge protector for this if you only have an oversized power strip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Cord Organization Solution, April 26, 2010
Bob Smith (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluelounge CableBox White - Cable Management (Electronics)
This a perfect solution if you need to hide a mess of cords in plain view. I use this box combined with a Philips Squid surge protector under my desk at home. Any surge protector will work but the Squid takes up very little room allowing me to pack in several large power adapters. There are two slits on either end to allow for air circulation and to thread cords in and out of the box. Once you've completed the chord management inside the box just snap the lid shut and everything is hidden inside. The price is high and it's not extremely durable but it's a great chord management solution.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and useful, but overpriced, November 29, 2010
This review is from: Bluelounge CableBox White - Cable Management (Electronics)
The CableBox fits a large surge protector, a bunch of AC adapters, and excess cabling with ease. Still, even after putting everything into the box, it has to come out and go somewhere so it still looks ugly unless you kind of hide the box, but thats not a fault of the product.

The lid snaps on securely, which is a nice touch. It is a very simple product and a little overpriced for what it is. If you had the box hidden out of the way, you could do essentially the same thing with a small cardboard box (using an Apple product box, for example).

The price isn't reflected in my rating.

Bluelounge CableBox White - Cable Management