4.0 out of 5 stars For Thin Short Cables, like earbuds
Small, medium, or large - the descriptions on the box and about this product leave a lot to be desired. If you use the right size, these holders work nicely.

Published on June 9, 2011 by Daniel G. Lebryk

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as secure as regular rubber bands...
Published on December 19, 2010 by SAr

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as secure as regular rubber bands..., December 19, 2010
This review is from: Bluelounge CableClips Small - Cable Management - Grey & Green (Electronics)
These clips are somewhat functional as long as there isn't too much outward tension from the center of your cable wrap. Otherwise, the cables will just pop out the sides of the clip. I bought all three sizes (S, M, L), and the small clips hold cables best because the cables are thinner and more pliable. For larger cables/cords (e.g., computer power cords), you can't wrap a large amount of cable around these clips or the above will occur.

4.0 out of 5 stars For Thin Short Cables, like earbuds, June 9, 2011

These small clips are for very short or very thin wire cables or equipment. They do not work very well with the iPod/iPad/iPhone cable, use the medium clip instead (Bluelounge Medium Multi Purpose Cable Clips CC-MD). They do work great for Apple earbuds, or other earbud headphones. They also work well for 3mm headphone to radio cables (the wire you use to connect a portable music player to a car or powered speakers), and short USB cables like the type that come with portable hard drives (but not the thick long ones for printers or USB hubs). The small clips are not nearly as useful as the medium size.

These clips / holders are made of soft matte finish silicone. They feel very nice in my hand. They are a pretty good stress ball when not in use, they're kind of fun to squeeze. The clip relies in the cables sliding inside a groove on both sides. The clip expands pretty easily to accept a wire loop or two at a time.

I was wrapping these cables in a loop and then twisting the wire back through the opening, like an extension cord. Unfortunately, this is really hard on the wires, and will ultimately destroy my cables. I have a big pencil holder on my desk where I throw all these cables, regular USB, Micro USB, and iPod. It's hard to keep those cable organized or grab them easily. These clips make that job much easier now.

I like these clips. The colors are not the coolest. But they are functional. I wouldn't bother with Velcro around these short cables.

I can see how these would be disappointing for 110V electric wires - even the large is not sturdy enough for that job. I think the large version is a bad idea. The small and medium work great for short cables.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I'm not doing it right...?, September 5, 2012
I just can't seem to get these things to hold any wires. I mean, there an awesome idea. I wanted them for the longest time- but they don't seem to work quite like I expected. The rubber is too loose, flimsy and overall has no grip. I have ALL three sizes of these and I just can't say I'd recommend them. Headphones, usb, game controllers- the rubber ones are useless, so small is out of the question. Medium is okay. They have more of a stiffness so they won't pop open and spill your cords everywhere, and the large work quite well, but the small are useless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the original ones, December 21, 2012
I ordered these and got a fake Chinese version of it, of a flimsy material that would not hold any cable in place. Later I found out that many reviews on this item state the same problem.

However, I complained with Amazon and got an immediate refund, so 1 star for that, 0 stars for the product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really for ALL small cords, May 2, 2012
I can see how this clip would work well enough with iphone earbuds or whatever other Mac cord that's kind of on the skinny side.. In photos, they look so neat and tidy, what with their techy white background an' such, and mac cords have a rubber casing similar to the rubber that seems to make up these little guys.

I'm feelin' some remorse though today with mine. They look exactly like the photo, but the photo sort of implies that the little wings do a better job of clamping down on their cables than they actually do. If these things were clamps, they'd grip your stuff with the floppity might of your sleepy, drunk grandma.

The photo also implies that you get green and gray floppities.. And you do, if your gray is brown..

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for cable organization, March 13, 2011
Those clips helps you organize your data cables, headphones, etc.
The downside is the price, because they can give you different sizes for the same price. Like a combo blister with small, medium and large, 2 pieces of each.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your Money, December 18, 2012
These clips are flimsy. It's a great theory, but I have six of them that can't hold anything. They are nothing but JUNK! Maybe if they were created with a harder plastic, they might work. It's a shame because I really needed something sturdy that could hold all my Apple cords. Oh well, live and learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Be Back For More, June 23, 2012
I'm going to post a photo of three cables I've corralled with the help of these Cable Clips. These clips are such a great, reusable, and inexpensive product for keeping your cables tidy. The photo I'm posting shows my Bose in-ear headphones looped around one of these clips and in my opinion, this is a very inexpensive way to keep expensive items like that from getting tangled and damaged. It is also a great way to minimize the amount of cable laying around when you have a device plugged into a car charger or even your computer. Often in the car, if we have more than one device charging, there can be quite a few cables laying around and making the drivers area messy. I highly recommend these clips, I would only recommend that you think about what you're using them for and buy the right size as these are really good for up to the iPhone/iPad cable size and anything larger will probably require the medium or large sizes. I will be ordering more in other sizes.

1.0 out of 5 stars These are a joke, May 27, 2013
A. Kaufman (Santa Clara, CA) - See all my reviews
Do not get these. They are too weak to actually hold cables. I threw them away because it wasn't worth my time to process the return. The picture here is a joke because they don't actually hold the cables. Its a joke. Beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work well, April 25, 2013
This item is flimsy and does not work well at all I do not endorse it for personal use at all