4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Practical
When I was looking at the Blue Lounge Sumo, I was also looking at the Quirky Cordies. Now, I ended up getting both, and I like each for separate uses, but let me highlight a few things about the Sumo.

Published on January 23, 2012 by Sizzle

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tiny and expensive!
The materials and build quality of this thing are impressive. It feels good and works well. But don't pay more than $10 for it. I wouldn't pay more than $5 if I could go back. Expect to fit no more than 2 or 3 small cables under it. I really wish it was larger.
Published on January 8, 2013 by Terry Miller

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Practical, January 23, 2012
This review is from: Bluelounge Design SO-BL Sumo Cable Management System (Electronics)

1.) It's simple. The logo is cleanly embossed, and the simple design of this piece does not detract from any surrounding decor. It blends into a dark night stand or desk, and it matches up well with electronic components.

2.) It's functional. As others have noted, it's basically a suped-up paperweight; except, instead of holding paper, it holds cables. I use mine for keeping the charging cables for my iPhone 4s and bluetooth headset from sliding off the back of my nightstand, and it takes care of those in a manner that puts it beyond reproach.

3.) It's divided. There are two separate channels, separating whatever two cables you might decide to run under it, which also aid it in retention of a single, smaller, cable, should one choose to have such a setup.

4.) It only has two channels. Those two channels, which I described above, are great for those who only have two cables, and I knew that before buying it. However, if one wished to retain a third, they would run into some issues. That's why I couldn't rate them five stars. If you did need more cables, I'd consider something like the Quirky Cordies I mentioned. This just happens to look a lot cleaner if you are able to keep your cables to two.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a paperweight too and I love it, January 18, 2012
So literally this device is just a small glossy black paperweight with a rubberized bottom and grooves on the underside to hold down two wires. It doesn't sound like much, but it looks pretty slick considering it's just a little black square, and yet it's perfect for what I needed it for. I have a USB hub on my desk and a couple of wires I leave permanently connected. They sort of lay where ever they want on my desk and kind of get in the way of my mouse occasionally. So all I needed was exactly this, a paperweight to hold the wires down and not look totally unattractive. So it turns out this little guy did the trick. I may in fact get another two or three for other desks where I have similar wire situations. As far as paperweights go that can also hold a couple of wires in place, I like it. I

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tiny and expensive!, January 8, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, October 21, 2012
M. Sosnowski (Lake Villa, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I like the simple design and functionality of this cable holder. My only complaint is the channels under the holder are for thin wires and if you have a thicker wire(like some iPhone chargers), the wire gets stuck.

2.0 out of 5 stars Used item ... Beware buyers., August 24, 2014
Opened the package and it looks used! a bunch of scratches on the top layer, if this was new it would have gotten a better rating. I don't know if this was a used\return item, but it also has the "absolute software" sticker on it, so I don't know what that is about, Doesn't show on the picture.

the item itself is good, heavy so it won't fall off when you are pulling on the wires.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea!, November 15, 2012
This product is extremely useful for keeping your cables from falling behind your desk into your rats nest. Be mindful in the fact that these can really only hold two cables. The micro suction cups aren't a gimmick. Clean them regularly and they STICK!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and weighty, February 17, 2014
This is a nice product for concealing cords. It weighs 7.3oz or 208 grams. Nearly half a pound! It has nice, anti-slip feet on the bottom that allow it to have good grip to smooth surfaces. It holds 2 cords only. It has an allowance for the cords to be up to 1/4" wide and up to 1/4 deep. My mac charging cord and ethernet cable (thick!) can both be held in this device nicely. The amount of space it takes up is 2 1/8" by 2 1/8" with rounded edges. For the purpose of 2 cords only, I would buy this again. If you ever think you might have more cords to add, I would consider the Quirky Cordies Cable Desktop Management. It has "room to grow"! I gave this product only 4 stars because I personally would prefer the system to allow for more cords. Otherwise, it appears excellently made and is packaged extremely well from the manufacturer.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST thing I ever had to organize my wires, December 12, 2012
it sticks !!! it safe and works just great
I bought different stuff for the same purpose and this is just the BEST

now I am ordering few more

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, keeps ugly wires hidden from view, July 14, 2012
Robert (Elk Grove, CA) - See all my reviews
It does exactly as advertised. Simple yet clever design, minimalist style. You won't even notice it's there. Keeps the ugly cables tucked away until you need them. I have used other products similar before this that used an adhesive, and once you stick it on it's on there good and a pain to get off. The tacky material under the sumo is reusable and doesn't leave residue on the desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, July 4, 2012
M. Hansen (Maryland, USA) - See all my reviews
My wife and I have been using this to hold the charging cables for both our phones. It does what it is supposed to and doesn't let the cables fall behind the headboard anymore. I have had no issues with the cables getting caught in it and I haven't had to pick it up or reposition it since the day I put it down. I'm fairly sure we could run three cables with it, just don't expect the cables to "retract" after you have unplugged your device. I'm just glad I'm not fishing for cables to charge the phones every night anymore.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›