Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon December 30, 2005
"Blue's Room Holiday Wishes" contanins one of the best episodes of the mini-series "Blue's Room" and three Season 5 "Blue's Clues" episodes that aren't really related to the holidays.

"Holiday Wishes," which is going by the title "Blue's Room Holiday" on this DVD, features the Blue's Room characters all celebrating the holidays. For the most part, they're celebrating Christmas, but there's also talk of Hanukkah. And, most importantly, there's the only visit ever to Blue's Room from our good friend, Joe! They light a candle for him to help guide the way. They also create their own version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas."

The other episodes on this DVD are all from Season 5 of "Blue's Clues." They are "Can You Help?" "Look Carefully..." and "Patience." While they don't seem to fit into any single theme, they are all good episodes and only one of them features the infamous talking and singing clues.

Joe and the other characters often need our help, but "Can You Help?" is an entire episode devoted to this them. We help Joe find the clues (as always), help Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper make blueberry pancakes and do many other helpful things.

In "Look Carefully..." Blue, Joe and our friends all make careful observations of things. They even get to go into a game show parody with a Big Booming Announcer who plays video clips and then does quizzes on what happened in them.

Appropriately, the last episode is "Patience" --- one of the most important episodes of the show because it introduces the character Baby Bird, who shows up in many episodes later on. It features a great, simple song throughout --- "Wait. Wait. Wait. What can we do while we wait?" This tune uses the same music from a tune from a classic Steve episode --- "Change. Change. Change. How can we change?" This one also has a game (though not quite game show) parody --- Joe skidoos with Blue to find a clue and they play The Waiting Game.

As usual with most Nick Jr. TV show DVD releases, the special features are nothing to shout about. There's a fairly simple game in which you look for holiday objects in Blue's Room. There are Blue's Room short spots --- these are actually pretty good. There are trailers and promos for other video and DVD releases. Finally, there's Nicktrition tips, which I imagine can probably also be found on the official Nick Jr. website.
on November 17, 2015
My son was just tickled to receive this movie. As an avid lover of Blue's Clues, my son and I just discovered Blue's Room via Amazon Prime Video. After watching the first season we looked for a second but one wasn't available. What I did find was this dvd and as soon as it arrived we had to watch it. My son loved it and I loved watching his face light up as he watched it. This was a great price and a wonderful addition to our Holiday collection.
on October 15, 2013
I am very pleased with this item and its condition. Not once since it was ordered and delivered have i seen a scratch on it and it plays perfectly. My child is so happy with it and i am happy with it as well. :) thanks for great service and no problems. :)
-Ashes F.
on December 25, 2013
My daughter loves the DVD, no issues there. But whoever packaged it put the sticky security tag ON the DVD. We were able to get it off and clean off the residue to make it playable, but who does that??
on January 11, 2014
All three movies were the same. Would start playing, then freeze. We would have to start several times then finally would run all the way through. Very disappointed.
on January 30, 2010
My one year old daughter loves it and my son loved it when he was two! Plus, mom and dad think it's amusing too. :)
on February 26, 2013
My 14 month old son is loving Blue's Clues. I like the Blue's Room because she talks, but it's nice they have the old episodes too.
on July 26, 2013
This is one of the kids favorite movies to watch in the car on long rides
I would buy more
on January 27, 2014
My Daughter loves this Show and Joe, So if she is happy with it then I am happy with it!
on January 8, 2013
I bought this for my 19 mth old son, who really don't like a lot of children programs, however he loves blue's clues! Plan to purchase more!