5.0 out of 5 stars The blues lives on with Keb Mo
Published 4 months ago by CharlieG

3.0 out of 5 stars Still love Keb' Mo'....
This is definitely not his best, but still a good blues album. I throughly enjoyed this album and if it was done by any other person it would have been a solid 4 stars of me, but I just feel that Keb' could have done better. Keb' Mo' is grade A talent on the blues scene in my opinion.
Published 2 months ago by Zach Mulson

5.0 out of 5 stars The blues lives on with Keb Mo, April 22, 2014
CharlieG (Asheville, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluesamericana (Audio CD)
I've been thinking quite a bit about the future of good blues music. Will the blues survive without new blood to replace the great blues artists from the 50's and 60's? You know 'em, John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Nina Simone to name a few. Today was a great blues day for me because I purchased a tribute album of Jackson Brown songs called "Looking Into You: A Tribute To Jackson Brown" and one of the great Jackson Browne songs "Rock Me On The Water" came up sung by Keb Mo. "Holy Crap.....this guy is good" I said to myself. Went back on Amazon and purchased a couple of Keb Mo CD's with "Auto Rip".... one being 'Bluesamericana'. I was wrong! This guy isn't a good blues musician....he's a GREAT blues musician. Right off the bat with the first track "The Worst Is Yet to Come" this album is kick ass blues. When have you ever heard the line in a blues song "the dog s*** on the floor"? Just part of another bad day I guess but I chuckled to myself when I heard it. The song "move" is an excellent toe tappin' blues song...."just pack up your stuff and just MOVE". " "Old Me Better" is a fun song with a New Orleans jazz flavor. "More for your money" is a fun "Leon Redbone style" ditty. Is there such a thing as a "pretty" blues song? if so, "So Long Goodbye" is a pretty blues song. If you love classic blues, give a listen to this album. I think you'll agree that 'Bluesamericana' is one of those "every song is good" albums. Five stars plus!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Old Mo Better, May 3, 2014
This review is from: Bluesamericana (Audio CD)
What does a New England girl know about the blues? More than you might think… Why should you read this review? Obviously, you’re reading this because you want to know what I think about BluesAmericana. Here it is - I am absolutely delighted with Keb Mo’s most recent release! Not only does it deliver musically, but it delivers me from my own mundane existence. It does what music is intended to do. There’s no better feel good music like the blues – and BluesAmericana does just that. Keb Mo clearly understands that life can be both dark and light, distress and hope, tragedy and joy. Lyrics and music are woven together to elicit all of those emotions. Whether he’s singing about contemporary themes (The Worst Is yet To Come, More For Your Money) or relationships (Do It Right, The Old Me Better) he’s nailing it. When I hear “So Long Goodbye” it takes me to a powerful old memory, and it elicits great gratitude for the fact that I found a far better path. This one’s got Grammy written on it folks! Buy it now to enjoy both the feeling it brings to you personally, and then to enjoy the feeling of saying to your friends - “I bought that one when it first came out.”

5.0 out of 5 stars Gifted Man, April 28, 2014
wgkoch (Eagle, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluesamericana (MP3 Music)
When my little brother (a deeply, deeply dug in blues fan) told me about Keb Mo years ago, I needed almost immediately to see him in person after buying several of his albums. My brother was spot on. This latest album is another winner. The way it is put together is a comfort and joy. The quality of the work is exceptional and attention paid to getting it right is obvious. The mixing is really well done and the voice and the instruments are all brilliant, bright and just out there for your listening delight. Starts with a kick with The Worst is Yet to Come and ends with a nice female voice accompanying on that last cut. And, Old Me Better is SOOOOO good! This is an artist with legs who stays at the top of his game. Thanks 'bro, over and over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keb Mo, Keb Mo, May 18, 2014
This review is from: Bluesamericana (Audio CD)
Not too many people know about Kevin Moore, better known as Keb Mo. This guy is a fantastic blues musician. You may have seen him sitting with the band a few times on some late night shows. We had the privilege of seeing him in a small concert venue here in Cleveland Ohio. He has a laid back style all his own. Sometimes he interjects a bit of humor into his songs as one of them on this CD, The Worst is Yet to Come, talks about his dog taking a s*** on his floor. Really. The songs he writes, simply put, are about life and love. We are really Keb Mo fans as we own all of his CD's and some of his DVD concerts. There isn't a bad one in the bunch. I forgot to mention you can even hear him on The Wave radio stations as they have finally started playing him. He has a unique style, and a smile that could wrap around Texas. Try this CD, you just might like it and you too may become a fan of Keb Mo's, I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!!!, May 3, 2014
K. King (La Center, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluesamericana (Audio CD)
Just saw Keb Mo in Portland Oregon!! Man....what a show!!!!!!! He played the songs off this CD in person and they are all AWESOME!!!! Highly recommend!! I will always get tickets to see him when he comes my way again!!! He writes and sings from the heart and soul. This CD contains the lyrics to each song as well as a little explanation of what each song means to him. A Keeper!!! Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluesamaricana, April 24, 2014
This review is from: Bluesamericana (Audio CD)
I have enjoyed Keb' Mo's music for some time now and I I didn't really think he could surprise me anymore but I was wrong. This album is superb. He's outdone himself. This is a definite must have album for anyone who likes his music, or actually anyone who appreciates the blues or just high quality music at all. Listen and be amazed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 23, 2014
This review is from: Bluesamericana (MP3 Music)
Loved his older CDs. Already love this one as much as or even more than the earlier ones. If you aren't familiar with Keb' Mo', you're definitely in for a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Album--, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Bluesamericana (MP3 Music)
Keb' Mo' is back again with some fun, catchy, and just plain interesting songs. If you're a fan of the blues at all, just trying to get into it, or are an old hand, this album is perfect for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars great music, June 2, 2014
This review is from: Bluesamericana (MP3 Music)
Wonderful album! I am Thoroughly enjoying it! His mix of blues and a country "americana" sound is one of a kind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, June 3, 2014
This review is from: Bluesamericana (Audio CD)
What a nice surprise! I had heard the name Keb Mo but had never heard any of his music. This is a must for any serious music collector. The variety of musical styles, the lyrics, and production of this cd is amazing. I am going to be sampling more from Kevin's music catalogue.

Bluesamericana
Bluesamericana by Keb Mo (Audio CD - 2014)
Rate and Discover Movies