Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on September 19, 2012
I bought this to work with the Torque app running on my Samsung Galaxy Note and it appears to work perfectly once I figured out that the pairing code was 1234. (I had to figure it out because the product comes with no documentation at all, but the code is the only thing you really need to know.)

However, my antivirus program reported a trojan virus on the included micro-CD (in a directory called "crack", which can't be a good sign). That's a little shocking to see on an item being sold through Amazon, but there it was. Buy a dongle, get some stolen software and infect your computer!

So the device is OK as a standalone piece of hardware, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who needs any software to go with it. I have seen reviews complaining of similar virus issues with other cheap OBD interfaces, so if you want to be safe you should probably buy one from a legitimate manufacturer or at least get all of your software and drivers from known clean sources.

[Update - 1 year later, it's still working reliably with Torque. I was able to set the "Faster Communication" option in Torque and still get reliable operation, so this seems like the perfect partner for that app. I added one star based on my long-term happy experience.]

[Two-year update - still working great!]

[Three-year update - *still* working great! I used it with Torque to read and clear a bunch of fault codes that I accidentally created when using another OBDII scanner and it worked like a charm.]
22 comments14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2013
I had been looking at this type of product since I bought my tablet. After a check engine light came on I got off the fence and picked one up, along with the OBD droidscan product. Set up take a little bit, (mostly user lack of knowledge) however the information that I have recieved has helped to change the way I drive and paid for itself in fuel costs alone. the OBD droidscan program is somewhat basic and does not contain a bunch of fun flashy dials. It does however update very often and keeps an accurate record of what is going on under the hood.
on October 8, 2012
took my chances on this item with the mixed reviews. Researched reviews and did everything that was suggested. This one simply did not connect. I will try a different one eventually but will wait for my dissapointment to wear off.
on August 3, 2012
I have been using it for several days now with Saab 9-5 (1999, LPT wagon) and used it with torq without any problems as well as a win7 based laptop and ScanMaster-Elm program. The computer installed the driver right way and recognized it as OBD2 connector, for windows based OBD2 scanners it might work with some program but unless the program you use has specific Blutooth capability you will have to work with COM ports.(my adapter was on COM15 port so it was not seen by some OBD2 reading programs like wOBD and EasyOBD2, although Im sure if I dug into how to change COM port it would work).
For 15$ can't beat it, I will see how long it works as once I will start tuning my car I will be doing alot of data logging using Torq.

P.S I does not come with instructions (I assume its on the CD but I never used it). The password for my adapter was 0000, some people said it was 1234. Try eather one and see if it connects
on September 18, 2012
This elm mini327 obd2 WORKS GREAT with my android phone and also the software torque from the google play store is the best!!For all the people that want to save money on check eng light BUY THIS PRODUCT and trouble shoot your own car or truck!!It works with bluetooth on cell phones and laptop with bluetooth!!!!!!TY
on March 14, 2013
Haven't been able to use it. The Software that came with it doen't install. The sw cd has bunch of extra useless stuff. Hard to figure, what is useful. Wouldn't recommend buying it.
on August 5, 2013
I tried using this every way possible on my 2006 Audi A4, working through all the troubleshooting, reinstalling, and workarounds I could find on the internet, and it never worked. I couldn't ever even discover the device via bluetooth, I tried two different phones and two different laptops so I'm convinced it was the device itself not working.

Oh well, at least the return seemed to go okay.
on August 14, 2014
Bought this a while ago and I can say it still works really well.

Have this thinger plugged into my 2005 Chevy Colorado and it works perfectly.
I have a 7" tablet that I use Torque Pro on and give myself hud gauges on my windshiled.

It has also been useful in pulling DTC's and actually fixing problems. ie. Stick Coil #3 was bad, replaced and runs great.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2013
The software that came had plenty of adult content that was extremely unexpected, but could not find any drivers. Nevertheless, I could not get a pc or handheld device to pick up the wireless connection.
on July 3, 2015
Never used... After 5 months, I tried use it but do not works. I tried with severals equipments: iphone 5, Ipad 4 and Ipad Air 2 and no works. I Followed the instructions that cames with equipment, also from the internet, never works.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse