5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!!!
Published 18 months ago by Christopher

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Experience (Hopefully your model works..)
I've had my sounddock since 2009 and this just seems like an amazing opportunity to help me love my sounddock even more! I read all the great reviews and decided to pull the trigger.

Published 13 months ago by Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!!!, August 8, 2013
This review is from: BMR A2DP Bluetooth Music Receiver + Power Adapter for Bose SoundDock I, Portable & Wave (Electronics)
I have a first generation Bose SoundDock. Thought I was going to have to purchase a new Bose SoundDock (and almost did a few times) The sole reason of my problem is the 30 pin Apple connector evolution. My Ipod would still play but would not charge. A bit frustrating at times. I also have a new Iphone 5, so I could not use the Bose SoundDock with that at all. This product solved both problems. With ease. The dual functionality of this unit is the best feature of all. Plays and charges the Ipod with no sound loss or distortion. My Ipod also has Bluetooth functionality and played the Bose SoundDock to the expected sound capacity this unit has. The IPhone 5 played flawlessly vis Bluetooth as well. The pairing function is a breeze!!! Thanks to this DL-Link + power adapter unit, I do not have to needlessly spend anymore money to enjoy the Bose SoundDock or buy a new more expensive unit. Glad I found this product, which solved all the challenges I had. Best of all it WORKS!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just got it, for now it works great, December 18, 2013
I had an iPhone 4 and bought the Bose sound dock as my main source of music enjoyment from it in my home . This was two years ago and recently as some people do just changed to the Samsung Galaxy 4 with my new contract. I was searching for deals on Bluetooth speakers at my local electronic stores. The ones I liked were expensive and in my opinion not all that appealing for that price. Lets be honest in the middle of Christmas I wasn't looking forward in overspending money on gadgets.

I wondered into Amazon searching for speaker options and encountered the A2DP adapter. It seemed like a real option and the price justified taking a chance.

I ordered it last week and it came in this afternoon. I am not up to date on all the new tech and had no idea what I would face, The package was very simple and easy to open, no scissors necessary. I took it out placed it on the dock and it lit up flashing blue and red light. I went to my phone searched for the Bluetooth option and it located it almost immediately and the flashing light turned fix blue .

I search for my playlist and the songs were steaming and the music was on filling the room. Then I walked to the kitchen sat my phone down at a distance of approximate 45 feet with no trouble with the reception at all.

Sound quality: There is always a some compromise on sound quality when it comes to wireless but it isn't worth several hundreds of dollars when you have a prior investment of a Bose SoundDock that can be enjoyed for years to come.

For now , If you are in a similar situation there is very little to consider, the A2DP Bluetooth Music Receiver Adapter for Bose SoundDock Speakers is a viable option that will let you add years of enjoyment to one of the best home systems available that by the way cost you a pretty penny a few years back.

Update:

Only one thing that you might not like but for the price lets be real its MINOR considering this product is not one that was originally intended for BOSE systems:

The device needs to be unplugged and reseated if the dock is powered down. But it does not make odd beeping noises randomly like a prior review stated. I have been enjoying music all morning and continue to say its a wonderful alternative to spending $ 199.99 on a new system that isn't any better to the one I already owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it !!, July 17, 2013
I have the portable Bose and it didnt have the blue tooth function ... and i was thinking about buying a new one that can be connected by blue tooth, because i wanna be able to play music from my IPhone but at the same time keep it close by in case i need to answer a call or text .. this product solved the problem and shipped in no time

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BUY, June 8, 2013
i was browsing amazon looking for a bluetooth speaker since i already own a bose speaker with iphone4 dock and came across this piece of gadget. it's amazingly easy to use and pair with my iphone 5. SAVED ME LOTS OF MONEY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Bose Soundock collecting dust in the garage has been brought back to life!, August 24, 2013
I chose this product because I knew there had to be a inexpensive product out there that could make my Very expensive Bose SoundDock (first generation) useful again. I searched and searched and came across this A2DP Bluetooth Music Receiver + Power Adapter for Bose SoundDock. I purchased this because of the user reviews.

What I like about this product is that it is very simple if you follow the instructions and pair your device. I use an old tablet as my control station that is hooked up to the wi-fi. I use the i-heart radio app, Pandora, Google music and most of the time the SiriusXM radio for streaming music. Since it is portable, I brought the soundDock on our vacation that we shared a house with and everyone loved the sound coming from the Bose SoundDock and how easy it was to sync their music to it and have A+ quality music with no buzzing sound.
After our vacation, all the guys on the trip with old Bose SoundDock have asked me where they can get the adapter and Bluetooth device so I recommend this product. If you have an older generation SoundDock, you MUST buy the power adapter or it won't work. The only problem I had was that it didn't work once when I last plugged. To troubleshoot, I disconnected all of the "Paired" devices to the adapter (wife's laptop, my work laptop, 2 smart phones and tablet) and then it worked when I reconnected my tablet. For some weird reason, maybe it had too many devices trying to talk to it? If you have a problem with it, read the instructions and start over and you will be fine. I've had this running music when working from home for 8-10 hours so it's very "user hardened". Have fun using this for day to day music listening or as a wireless speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and Play Bluetooth for my SoundDock, June 16, 2014
Terp Allan (Bethesda, MD USA) - See all my reviews
I was not very happy when Apple moved to their lighting connector which meant buying an adapter to connect my iphone. This bluetooth adapter works great. I now have the ability to play my music and control it from my phone including volume control. Nice when sitting across the room. The additional advantage of this device is I can now wirelessly connect my laptop and any other bluetooth capable device. One tip - in order to link to a device I find it's best to unplug the adapter and replug it into the sounddock and than sync to the device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing ever, June 19, 2013
I just can say this product is just what i need it made my lise easy since i have a bose sound duck made before 09 so i dint charge my iphone 4s but since i got this power adapter is like i just got a new bose sound duck i definelly recomend this to a friend i did also work with a bloutoth adapter that i got from this guy thank you so moch and i will keep hen is a good service a great products

5.0 out of 5 stars A2DP BLUETOOTH, June 28, 2013
Great great great RECEPTION !!!!!!
Easy installation it took about 15 seconds and I was up and running.
Just installed it in my Bose speaker and play thru my iPhone and iPad .
No loss of sound that I can detect.go ahead and order one music sounds
Just like the iPhone was connected directly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!, July 18, 2013
I never write reviews, but I had to share this one. Product came super fast, and worked without any issues. My first gen Bose Sounddock now has new life and the sound is crystal clear. My iPhone 4S can charge and play, and the Bluetooth works great. So happy my $300 dock can be used again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Experience (Hopefully your model works..), January 3, 2014

The item came today and it is super cheap and flimsy. It came and I plugged it into my sounddock and the LED never lit up, which meant it wasn't working with my bose player. My sounddock charges iphones and ipods all day.. but this doesn't work..

I saw in the directions, it says, if your adapter does not light up then you have to order a different item and it gives you the Amazon ASIN. What a terrible experience. I have to figure this out? Which adapter works for my Bose player...!!?!?!?

The directions say, "there was a batch from 2009 of sounddocks that require a special BT adapter." Great.. so I have to purchase and return, go through the hassle of handling these items and repackaging, etc, and finding the right adapter?!?! HA!

That's why this item gets a 1-star. Didn't work with my sounddock and terrible customer experience. Order from a different vendor. Probably better build and works on day 1.