Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on December 13, 2012
This thing is great. I came across this because we just bought iphone 5's and apple ditched the 30 pin. Bought one a few weeks ago and just bought another for a gift. Much cheaper than the competition and works as designed.

You hook this up to any 30 pin device, like a sound dock, and you can link your phone to it to play music. Disclaimer: This adapter needs power. So, if your 30 pin device does not charge your iphone/ipod, then this will not work without another adapter to correct the 30pin's configuration. I used this "Scosche PassPORT USB Home Charging Adapter (Black)".
99 comments|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2013
Makes a squeaky background noise. Since it's this' main functionality to transfer sound, i can't give it more than two stars
33 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2014
I read the reviews, and I bought it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my 2013 Audi A4. The AMI cable supplies power to the Mpow, and I can even pair it with my iPhone. I can even stream music from my iphone to the Mpow. However, the AMI source is not selectable from the MMI interface because the source is greyed out. In other words, the device functions perfectly, except that my Audi doesn't know that it's there. Bummer...
77 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2013
I tried plugging it directly into the sound dock (no adapters) and nothing happened.
I tried it with the power adapter from Scorche, and it works perfectly! Paired right up with my android phone and works great!
on May 9, 2013
The device works great on my Bose stereo. it is advisable to install with the code and it works, no problems. Good reception and the price is great. Recommended to buy. Easy to install, bluetooth has a good reception, no problem.
on December 16, 2012
I just got one for my Bose Soundock Portable. It works flawlessly at with good range. The installation is just plug-in, pair, play. dead easy.
on November 25, 2014
I bought this product and was disappointed that it did not work with my Bose sound dock. I feel like I spent my money and still do not have a means to use my system to listen to music via Bluetooth. I wish there was a way to interact with sellers like on eBay If there are some tricks of making this work please let me know. My sound dock charges my iPods so I know there is power but the device never lights up and transmits a signal
on February 1, 2014
It turns off and have to connect it over andover again if i am listening after the break. I wasn't impressed with this as it is cumbersome and defeats the purpose.
Addendum
after posting this comment , their customer service sent me a replacement. this new one works better and I have had no problems with it. This shows their excellent customer service ansi really did appreciate that. and thus I had changed my review from 2 star to 5 star now.
on April 23, 2013
Although it will allow a Bluetooth connection from my iPhone to my car stereo, it has the following problems:

1) The audio frequently stops playing on the radio even though the device shows as still connected to my iPhone and the audio is directed to the I-Link in the audio output list. This is more likely to happen if I make or receive a call.

2) The I-Link advertises that it supports the HandsFree, Headset, and Remote Control profiles in addition to the Headphone profile. This means that the iPhone tries to use it for phone calls and Siri even though there is no microphone to support this. This means I have to manually change the audio source when I make or receive a call, or if I want to use Siri while connected to the I-Link.

Although the device is mostly functional I am looking at options to replace it because of these problems. In my case I think I will be better served by a direct cable connection using the Apple 30-pin to Lightning connector.
on November 11, 2014
I purchased two of these as the various 30-pin devices give way to Lightning connector based devices. For the car connection (BMW iPhone adapter), it worked great, no complaints. Audio quality seemed similar to other Bluetooth devices (i.e, OK, but not great; that's Bluetooth's fault, not this adapter.)

For a small portable stereo I have, though, it did not work. The power would not come on. The stereo will charge an iPhone, so it should work, I think, but it didn't. I tried swapping the two devices (so I tested a known-good device), but it just didn't want to power on. I even pulled the device out of the plastic case and tried plugging it in, just to try to rule out a bad connection due to not being plugged on far enough or something. So, not sure what the problem was. I docked it 1/2 star (but had to round down) because I think it should work, although the description only talks about the Bose Soundock.

In any case, nice little device, but may not work in all devices.