5.0 out of 5 stars This little b@stard can put out some bass & volume!
Published 19 months ago by bigM

2.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth not working for me
Published 7 months ago by bizzybee

5.0 out of 5 stars This little b@stard can put out some bass & volume!, May 14, 2013
This review is from: Bluetooth Speaker - Bassboomz High Performance Portable Speaker - Works with ANY Bluetooth Device! Multiple Colors Available (Electronics)
Although I brought it else where for less, I got to say that this is well worth getting. Not cheap looking. Sleek and great sound. You'd think this will sound horrible and sounding more ''treble'' than bass for the size of this speaker. But certainly surprised me to hear how good it sounds and how quick it's detected by my Galaxy S 3. I'll be looking forward to having my iPod hook up with this. And not having to worry about cables and misplacement of cables and worrying that this won't be of use. Thank goodness for Bluetooth! Awesome device. Of course, don't expect this to pump out earth shaking bass. This is perfect for trips, at your desk at work, home (kitchen, bathroom) etc. I'm going to eventually get one or two more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound from this small gem! Holy cow!, January 15, 2014
Love, love, LOVE this speaker! Have had others that sound thin, tinny or flat in comparison with this. I really like the weight. It feels substantial & well made, not cheap. It doesn't feel like a good gust of wind will blow it of the table. I like the metal finish & colors are great. The size is perfect, not too big, not too small. When collapsed, it is just the right size to throw in a purse or glove compartment. I bought 6 through an online deal-of-the-day website at $30/ea - one for home, one to keep in my glove box & 4 to give out as Christmas gifts. Everyone is super amazed by the sound & weight/feel! My sis-in-law is a drama teacher/choreographer & uses hers for rehearsals with her iphone in auditoriums! She had a JAM but prefers the BassBoomz. This also acts as a speakerphone which the JAM does not. This has an audio input jack, too. You can connect a second speaker (using a splitter from your device). My Mom plugs hers into the headphone jack of her non-bluetooth laptop. One speaker arrived with the audio jack not working. But I use bluetooth anyway so no big deal. All the rest were fine. My dad, in his 70's, uses his with his ipad. Amazing device! You won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, October 11, 2013
This is a great speaker sound is wonderful. Comes off as a much larger piece of equipment Used for large outside event and worked well

4.0 out of 5 stars Bass Boomz Worthy Buy, December 9, 2013
For what it's worth, I think this is a great buy. Compactful, sleek, eye appealing, easy to unwind to unleash the bass. WHen connected to my phone via aux or bluetooth, there isn't noticeable bass distortion. Oddly enough however, when i connected the bassboomz via aux to my laptop, the distortation was pretty distinctful, which is quite unfortunate. Regardless of this distortion I have experienced with my laptop and the bass boomz, In the near future, I hope to test it out in different areas to see how well it amplifies. WORTH! Also, weirdly enough, connecting phone via bluetooth produces a noticeable louder sound than with aux cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little speaker, April 10, 2014
clamarama (Shoreline, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I've had this speaker for about a week and am really impressed with it so far. It's quite small, but feels sturdy and well-built. It's heavier than I'd expected for its size. It was very easy to connect via Bluetooth on my phone, laptop, and tablet. The sound is much better than I thought it would be, especially on Bluetooth. When connected via cable (included) rather than Bluetooth, the sound is of equal quality, but not as loud. Bass sound is good - not excellent.

The only issue I have with it is that it moves a lot when playing loud music with heavy bass. The speaker can move more than six inches over the course of a single song - like a giant Mexican jumping bean. At first I thought that the sound was distorted at full volume, but then I realized that the excess noise was caused by the vibrations of the speaker on my glass desk. When I moved it to a different surface, the noise stopped, but the speaker still moved a lot and nearly fell of the edge of the table.

I wouldn't have paid $100 for this, but if you can get a good deal on it, it's definitely worth buying.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth not working for me, May 1, 2014
bizzybee (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I was really looking forward to this little speaker, after reading many good reviews. But I was very disappointed when I received it. Sound was good when plugged into my computer, but horrible when using bluetooth. There is a constant hiss noise whenever using bluetooth. Tried from different devices, but same issue. Maybe I received a defective one, I'm unfortunately returning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound!! Easy Bluetooth setup!!, September 8, 2013
Technoman "tjw961" (Southaven, Mississippi) - See all my reviews
I just got one of these speakers last night and was very surprised how good the sound is. So small and compact but sounds so clear.....and Yes on Bluetooth!! I'm not sure how others say it does not work on Bluetooth....Just follow the instructions and if you have ever set up Bluetooth before it's all the same....password is four zero's like many are. I may even get another one of these so I can enjoy it when my kids take this one ;)

Anyway, good product on this one. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice volume, September 3, 2014
I'll start by saying I'm not super techy nor am I a speaker snob. I'm just an everyday enjoyer of music. I had another decently rated corded portable speaker, and used it with a friend at the pool and lake so often, I thought he might appreciate his own Bluetooth portable speaker. I was very pleasantly surprised. The volume is bigger, the sound is better, and it feels significantly more sturdy then the one I had. It also does less "walking" across the surface we place it on.
I was able to pick it up for about thirty dollars, so I purchased another for myself and two more to hold onto as Christmas gifts.
I'm sure it doesn't sound like a $200 speaker, but for the price it's surprisingly good. And if we accidentally drop it in the water we won't be devastated and unlike my corded portable speaker, it won't take a phone with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality in every sense! RECOMMENDED, December 8, 2013
Surprising volume! It's still a small speaker, so don't think that it can compete with your home theater sound system. Nonetheless, its volume and sound quality are impressive! Bass is good, but not fantastic (again, it's a speaker able to be held in your hand, not a magical device).

High quality materials with HEAVY, sturdy build!

Bluetooth works (as) great (as bluetooth can be), and it comes with a headphone jack with cable for better quality sound.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound but won't work with Bluetooth, September 5, 2013
The sound quality that comes out of this little speaker is awesome! I even attach it to my laptop for increased sound quality. I was able to sync it with my kindle and iphone 4s and the bluetooth function was awful, it would skip every few seconds. So, as long as it is hooked up via aux cable, it's awesome.