4.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best everyday boot - but now made in Thailand
Published on April 30, 2011 by bscepter

2.0 out of 5 stars Such a shame!
I to have bought several pairs of Safety Blundstone's. All where comfy and fit just right, Then..........I noticed my last pair were main in Thailand. They are NOT the same. They are NOT made from the same material and do NOT fit the same.
I was very disappointed. I have to wear these all day at work. Such a shame! I've been a fan for a very long time...
Published on February 11, 2010 by F. Marrapodi

2.0 out of 5 stars Such a shame!, February 11, 2010
F. Marrapodi (Frederick, MD USA) - See all my reviews

Best of luck Blundstone,
FM

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best everyday boot - but now made in Thailand, April 30, 2011
This review is from: Blundstone 510 Slip On Boot (Apparel)
i've worn blunnies for nearly 20 years. they seem to average 5 years a pair or so - and i'm talking wearing every day, or close to it. i was surprised and somewhat disheartened when my last pair arrived and i noticed that they were made in thailand instead of australia as my previous pairs were - and the cost had remained the same. so i was pretty skeptical and was prepared to be disappointed.

however, that pair has lasted for five years, just as my aussie-made boots did, so i really have no complaints. and i've just ordered another pair to replace these.

1.0 out of 5 stars MADE IN THAILAND, NOT AUSTRALIA, May 1, 2009
J. Alfred Prufrock (Creeping around in Nowheresville) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blundstone 510 Slip On Boot (Apparel)
Onehunderedsomething dollars for Blundstone 500s made in Thailand? "Made in Australia" was a major selling point for me. And no the quality is not manifest, the soles are very cheap on these boots, the insoles are paper thin, the interior seams are rough and unfinished, no lining. Very disapointing, returned immediatly. Fool me once Blundstone...I'll go with Timberlands at half the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the old Blundstone, February 29, 2012
Phromphilly (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blundstone 510 Slip On Boot (Apparel)
I owned a pair of Blundstones, purchased new around 2003, and which I wore regularly for 8 years. I had them resoled twice, and would have done it a third time, but it wasn't possible. On two occasions, I wore them snowshoeing and cross country skiing, with no signs of a leak. I wore them regularly in the rain, and my feet always stayed dry. I bought this pair of 510s to replace the pair that had worn out. What a mistake! Despite two prior treatments with mink oil, the first time I wore the 510s in the rain the water came right through the leather upper (not the seam, but the leather). Now, I'll have to look for another brand of boot.

2.0 out of 5 stars poor sole quality, December 6, 2013
This review is from: Blundstone 510 Slip On Boot (Apparel)
I have had two pair of these boots over the last 10 years. The first pair wore like iron wearing them everyday and I loved them. The second pair was a huge dissappointment. With time the soles completely shredded and I was leaving huge chunks of on floor behind me. They were a complete waste of money. I hope they have improved the quality of the sloe. I am sure I am not the only one with this problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Boot, April 6, 2013
Very satisfied with these boots. However, being an Australian company, i was a bit disappointed to see that they are main in Vietnam.

1.0 out of 5 stars I would buy these boots in 1 second if only, December 8, 2011
Andrea Pinal (EMERYVILLE, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blundstone 510 Slip On Boot (Apparel)
I would buy these boots immediately If only I could figure out the f*ing size chart ???? I am a size 7.5 women's US - Any idea which cryptic size code I should select? When selling a product - Amazon / Blundstone - you shouldn't make it a struggle for someone to buy it. I dont want to waste my time guessing at the size when I'm ordering it - just to have to send it back when it doesn't fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the 62., July 28, 2012
This review is from: Blundstone 510 Slip On Boot (Apparel)
The other models are more comfortable and look better. These are clunky. Probably fine for work but aren't particularly handsome or comfortable for me. They do have a better sole for the mud and snow.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars to the company that sold these to me...Appalachian Outdoors, June 21, 2013
Just so we are clear...I paid 90 bucks for these. The company called me to be sure I was cool with the fact that they were a display item and they no longer had the box. I'm not sure a lack of cardboard box has ever saved me $70 before, but wow. They called to be sure. How cool is that? The boots? They are fine. I mean, every single pair (over 20 years, 10 pairs?) is a little less impressive than the last, but still better than any alternative. I work in a winery and no other boot comes close as far as grip, flex and safety. Waterproof? No way.Water repellant? Totally. I'll never have a boot full of water... But we are talking about a constant torrent of water running over the entire surface of the boot. All freakin' day. They leak at the side seams at the little toe. They always have, and it's just a little and I can live with that. I don't have to spend my day in horrid rubber boots, because with a couple heavy wax/oil treatments they get me through it. Plus, unlike any other shoe I have worn in a cellar, I feel totally safe wandering around on the slick tops of SS tanks, during harvest I wear the Steel toe version and its Totally saved my...uh, toes and that's pretty much worth everything.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fits small; difficult to put on / take off, August 21, 2014
I purchased these because they're available in black (other mfr's boots were not). I can't comment on the quality as I returned them due to sizing. I found the elastic extremely tightly sprung, hence tough to get in and out of. I'd recommend going up at least 1 size if you do order them. I did ultimately exchange them for another mfr's product that fit as advertised and had a deeper cut in the elastic which made the boots more flexible with easier ingress/egress.

Blundstone 510 Slip On Boot