Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 23, 2014 7:45:49 AM PDT
J. Hedgepeth says:
Is there a chance that this initial image provided for this item with a TBD release date is wrong or will change. Season 1 of GOT was released with on Blu-ray and digital combo pack. Then it was later released with Blu-ray, Digital, and DVD. It was a little annoying to know that I got the short end of the stick when they sell it for the same price. Since then, season 2 and 3 have sold with the DVD included. Are we to believe that they have reverted back to the no DVD option? If so, are should we expect a DVD included combo at a later date?

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 1:10:56 PM PDT
B. Albert says:
While I suppose the artwork could still be subject to change, HBO has officially announced this already (the release date is 2/17/15), and it does appear to be BD and Digital only; no DVDs included. A number of studios have been phasing out their BD/DVD Combo Packs lately.

Posted on Jul 28, 2014 11:46:34 AM PDT
Da Jester says:
This concerns me as well. I've always lent out my DVD copies of Game of Thrones to people who don't have a blu-ray player (and probably won't for quite sometime) and now that I see this and I'm worried. The change from DVD to Blu-Ray is not as drastic as VHS to DVD, but digital disc drive copies have enough purpose to still be distributed widlely one would think. I'll go ahead and pre-order this, but I perfer to have DVD copies just in case my PS3 dies on me. Makes sense, no?

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 8:04:29 PM PDT
damien glenn says:
Had the same issue. While it irks me there's little I can do as I still want the item and boycotting it is fairly counter productive.

Posted on Aug 15, 2014 1:39:12 AM PDT
Showdahjeh says:
If you look above where the pricing is you can get Bluray/ Digital for $44.95. It also gives you the option of buying the DVD copy at the price of $34.95. So you have your choice just not altogether like before. Perhaps another way for HBO to make a bigger profit of it, you think? So yes there will be DVD's available. Wish we didn't have to wait so long before the seasons come out though, wonder why? Seasons 1 and 2 came out around Xmas didn't they? Oh well no matter. Worth the wait. GOT keep it coming I will keep watching!!!

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 10:24:36 AM PDT
Dean D. says:
Looks like they updated the product listing. They are verifying that the Blu will have the DVDs and the Digital copies inside, even though the artwork says otherwise. Oh, well. I would screencap this in case so if Amazon is fraudulent with their product listing, you can get with them on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2014 6:50:05 AM PDT
Showdahjeh says:
I hope you are right, that before the release date they include the DVD's as well as the BluRay and Digital. To ask GOT fans to pay separately for DVD's for people who don't have a BluRay player yet either forces them to go buy one plus an acceptable TV to play it on, or buy the DVD's then later purchase all that and buy the BluRay/Digital version paying twice for the same product. even though DVD's play fine on a BluRay player there is a big difference between the two. They should keep it simple like always and quit trying to make the extra buck off the GOT franchise, know what I mean? And why not release it for Christmas I don't understand. I know of some who have already downloaded it from pirate sites, which is wrong, but if it's available in that form then why make us wait 6 months to get it legally? Who knows. Regardless I love GOT and will get it when it comes out however I will have to re-watch part of season 3 to get back into the swing of it.

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 6:54:59 AM PDT
Showdahjeh says:
Hey check out some of the Review comments on Season 4 several bring up this very subject!......
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 23, 2014
Latest post:  Sep 28, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Game of Thrones: Season 4 (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
Game of Thrones: Season 4 (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) by Various (Blu-ray - 2015)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (38)