Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Blush
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Blush
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Audible Audio Edition|Change
Price:$14.95

on December 21, 2008
Ok so I will skip over the cliff notes version of this book. I will state my opinion of the book inested of giving a synopsis like all the other reviews seem to do. I bought this book brand spankin new because I read the great reviews the book got on Amazon.com and I just couldn't wait for it to be shipped... i wanted to read it NOW NOW NOW.

Before I say anything I will state that I am a hardcore romance fan. I am even more a huge fan of erotic novels. So before you read my review and automatically assume im a romance bashing nut understand that Nora Roberts, Lora Leigh and Linda Howard are authors that I read and reread on a regular basis.

Well lets say that this book is incredibly unrealistic. The characters are very underdeveloped, you dont get a sense of actually experiencing what Hannah is goig through because the writing is very skittish. I understand how Hannah could have done some of the things she has done, and Carew's ideas of explaining the reasoning as to why Hannah reacted the way she did makes a lot of sense, only she didnt do such a great job of translating it on paper. J.M. and Grey seem completely fabricated and dont seem like genuine characters. I dont even want to begin to start about Hannah's sister, Grace. Everything about her character is contradictive.

Even the sex scenes, which is the main reason why anyone would pick this book up in the first place, seemed rushed and underdeveloped. I did fall in love with Grey towards the end of the book, but I think the author could have made more of an effort in making him less of a chump and a pushover and explain his decision in the end because in the end i was left with the feeling of "oh gosh I would never go out with a guy like that".

The book wasn't totally lost though because I did stay reading it because I was curious of the way the book would develop. But overall I wouldnt have spent the money on the book knowing what i know of it now.

By the way... the ending sex scene in the end was completely and utterly ridiculous, cheesey and tacky. To the point that I actually rolled my eyes about 10 times trying to get through it.
Once, just ONCE, Hanna wishes she could let go and experience that ultimate in sensual pleasures - an orgasm. She might as well be chasing unicorns, because the `Big O' remains as elusive to her as that mythical creature. She's tried everything she's ever heard about, ever read about, ever imagined had the slightest chance of releasing her mental block to send her senses reeling.

Her ex-boyfriend even signed the two of them up for a workshop on the Kama Sutra in the hopes it would help her overcome this obstacle. Of course, that was before they broke up. She couldn't actually go to the class alone, could she?

No, she's not that desperate... Not when the sexy customer she's had her eye on enters her coffee shop at closing time and is giving off all the right signals. Maybe a little anonymous sex with a stranger is just what the doctor ordered.

Sex with J.M. turns out to be anything but anonymous when the hunky Tantric Sex and Kama Sutra teacher sets his sights on the lovely barrista. He'll use every one of his impressive skills to take Hanna to sensual heights she has never dreamed of. J.M. is in it for more than one night, and he intends to show her just how serious he is about her.

Things really get complicated when her ex-boyfriend, Grey, returns to win her back. He knows he screwed up before, and he'll do whatever it takes to earn her trust and her love once more.

How will Hanna ever choose between two delicious men willing to do anything to please her? Maybe she won't have to...

Oh my... BLUSH is a more than apt title for this steamy little romance! I am sure that I did just that - blush - more than once while reading it. You would think after all of the ménage romances I have read in the last few years that I would begin to become a bit blasé to it all. As long as books like this one invigorate the theme with fresh ideas, I think I am quite safe from becoming bored with ménage romances - stories, that is! LOL

The general conception - or rather, misconception regarding these types of stories is that it is all about the titillation factor that goes along with threesomes. Not so. Opal Carew joins the ranks of other talented authors who manage to create a believable loving relationship between three people. This is about three people who defy the mores of society in the pursuit of that noblest of emotions - love.

But there is no denying that the sex is just dang hot. The love scenes in BLUSH will have the most staid reader squirming in their seat and hot under the collar. However, the sex would not be nearly as affecting without the caring and tenderness that each scene is infused with.

Both J.M. and Grey go above and beyond to help Hanna overcome her orgasmic issues. Patience and diligence go a long way as they finally break through the walls she has built up. Individually, each man is any woman's daydream, but together? Whew! Their combined potency is absolutely off the charts!

Hanna may have her sexual problems, but she refuses to wallow in them, and finally opens herself up enough to work through them, refusing to let pesky little things like inhibitions impede her progress. When the dam finally breaks, and she realizes exactly why she has refused to allow herself to achieve climax for so long, she embraces the solution with open arms, working through those deep-rooted issues.

In case it isn't already obvious, BLUSH includes some ménage content, with both J.M. and Grey focused on Hanna's pleasure. There is no sexual contact between the men in this story, but they do push the limits within the heterosexual realm.

For those of us who adore blistering hot romances with ménage storylines, BLUSH is a definite winner! Readers are bound to be as wild about this book as I am. *grin*

**Courtesy of Wild on Books**
VINE VOICEon June 29, 2008
Hannah Lane has been struggling with a problem all her adult life. It is one that she finds humiliating, and she hasn't been able to find a solution to. Hannah has never been able to have an orgasm, and it isn't for lack of trying. She just recently broke off her relationship with her boyfriend, Grey Bennett, but it wasn't because of her sexual issues, it was because when she professed her love for him, he couldn't or wouldn't reciprocate. Her sister Grace didn't like seeing her so unhappy, and suggested sex with a stranger to jumpstart her sex life. She felt someone new might help her move on as well as get her the coveted first orgasm.

Jeremy Smith is an instructor at the university giving a ten-week course on Kama Sutra, and finds he has trouble staying away from a nearby coffee house Hot Spot Café. The Earl Gray tea was exceptional, but that wasn't the draw, the owner, Hannah, was. He is extremely attracted to her, and one evening he went by after closing with the intent of asking her out, but when he got there, and clothes started flying, he knew he had unleashed a wildcat just waiting to reveal herself. Jeremy also discovered the secret she was hiding, and knew with his help; she could release her inhibitions, and finally have what had eluded her. When Jeremy gently approached the subject with Hannah, she said she was willing to try.

Grey Bennett had been miserable since Hannah had ended their relationship. He knew he had screwed up with her, but wanted her back. He had been in love with her from almost the beginning, but hadn't told her because he was afraid. He would have to tell her something that could destroy her feelings for him. She wanted to get married and have a family, but that was something he could never give her. He was sterile, and knew it would be a huge blow for her. Grey loved her to distraction, and knew she loved him, so he was going to take a risk that she would be able to handle it. He had signed them up to take a class on Kama Sutra prior to the breakup hoping it would help Hannah solve her sexual issues. She wasn't going to attend now that they were apart, but he was going to learn all he could in the meantime.

Hannah becomes more attached to Jeremy the more time they spend together. When Grey calls asking to see her out of the blue, she realizes how much she still loves him, but even more so when he professes his love for her. She is confused because while she still loves Grey, she also has very complex feelings toward Jeremy. Things become much more complicated when Grey realizes that his instructor Jeremy is involved with the love of his life.

I liked the characters Hannah, Grey, and Jeremy. All three were likeable, and could have been more developed, but it was believable how Hannah came to be involved with both men. I was expecting a more emotional read, but instead got just the sensual story. The end came too quickly. It would have been a more enjoyable read if the resolution came earlier in the book, so the future relationship could be expanded upon.
on February 6, 2009
This review will include SPOILERS of the story, so be warned if you read furhter...

Opal Carew is a good writer. Her characters are fun, likeable, the love real and situations believable. She does has a tendency to follow the sensual of the story rather than bringing depth to the characters, but the books are so well written that it's really not that distracting.

With "Blush", she has Hanna who can't orgasm, Gray who is sterile, and JM who is the sex master caught between them. Gray couldn't say "I love you" to Hanna, so she broke up with him and two months later meets JM, who Gray is going to for advice to win back his girlfriend (and none of them know that they know each other). Hanna and JM start a sexual relationship and over the course of the book they fall in love, but Hanna still loves Gray, and in the end they come up with a nice compromise.

The only bad thing I have to say for this book is: the ending was rushed. I felt that Gray just accepting JM into a three-some and JM content to be the "lover" too contrived. Ms. Carew spent practically the entire book dealing with Hanna and her problem, having her explore her sexuality and love with both Gray and JM that the last two chapters were thrown together to make a nice ending. And the issue with Gray's sterility was never brought up again. Just as Hanna took a long time to come to terms with her situation and her love for two men, the same build up should have been given to Gray and JM, with JM being told that if they were to have children together it would be him and Hanna.

I would recommend buying this book, it was well worth reading. Her other book "Twin Fantasies" was a little better played out, but "Blush" is definitely worth the money.
on June 10, 2014
Opal engaged you in every scene and even though much of the plot seems predictable it enthralled you. The sheer impossibility and nature of some of the situations from fantasy to reality kept my attention to the end. Favorite character is non judgemental sister, Grace. I'd recommend as an erotic fiction to all who are interested.
on November 18, 2012
I did enjoy this book. I sat down and read it in about 4 hours...could not put it down. The story line was interesting, not so predictable, and smooth reading. Still not as good as 50 Shades of Gray, but this is one of the best I have read that comes close to 50 Shades. I definitely recommend tihs book.
on August 20, 2014
This was a recommendation from a book friend. She even went so far as to give me a copy. Was this payback for the recommendations that I've given her that she didn't like?

I thought this was going to be a quick, enjoyable read. But as the story progressed it just got worse and worse. I couldn't handle the insta-love, the creepy hypnosis scenes or the ménage a trios. It was just too much. The ending was also really unbelievable. There is no way any guy would go along with that scenario.
on September 17, 2014
~3.5/5

I actually enjoyed this book, which I wasn’t sure I was going to.

I picked it up forever ago, kind of read some of it, but didn’t really enjoy it and so put it back on the shelf. I finally picked it back up, and found that it really wasn’t too bad.

Hanna has a hard time orgasming, and always has. Her ex-boyfriend Grey tried to help, but it wasn’t working. But now that she’s met J.M., a guy who knows what he’s doing, Grey wants her back.

I felt a little bad for Hanna, given her orgasm problem, and then not knowing what to do about the men in her life. I didn’t really like how she was kind of fooling around with both of them, though, without being completely honest about it. (She told them some things, but not everything, which caused some problems.) I also felt bad for the guys, though—they both wanted her, and they both wanted to help, but they didn’t know what to do about it.

The solution was a little surprising, since I wasn’t sure if that’s where this book was heading, and I wasn’t sure at first how I felt, but I do kind of like how it ended up. And since they all seem happy to accept it, good for them.

I liked the way the romance developed, how the three of them worked through it all. The sex was pretty good, although it wasn’t all that kinky or intense for me. It was still nice, though, and easy to read. There was quite a bit of spiritual talk, going with the whole tantra and kama sutra thing, which I just didn't really care for. It wasn't bad, just not really an interest of mine.

Overall, I did rather enjoy this book, and I’m happy about that.
on November 12, 2008
It is so rare to find an erotic novel that is beautifully written, tastefully presented and FUN to read! If you're looking for these qualities in a gift for a friend, this is it!
The story moves along quickly, the conflict is fascinating, and I found this book to be quite liberating in the sexual fantasy department.
Directed at women who can't free themselves up enough to orgasm, this is a great exploration of that topic.
on September 14, 2009
Blush is a great erotica read. I really liked the characters and I thought the plot was very good. It's one of the better erotica reads I've come across and I highly recommend it, along with Girls On Top: Explicit Erotica For Women.