Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Price:$39.99+ Free shipping

on June 21, 2012
This grill worked very well on it's maiden three night camping trip this past week. I was able to position the grill just where I wanted it over the fire and it's finish held up after being repeatedly heated.

When you first take it out of the box, you will probably notice a kink in the swing arm. Initially, I thought it was shipping damage because the box was a little beat up. After assembly, I realized the grill was manufactured that way and the kink was to accommodate a level grilling surface because the swing arm has to slope downward to stay at the desired height.

As another commentor stated, the grill is a lot bigger than it looks in the photo. I had no problem loading it up with a pack of hotdogs and a coffee pot. I'm sure that a half dozen or more burgers would have fit with no problem.

The swing arm has a handle area that did not get hot as I thought it would. I was able to reposition the swing arm while cooking with no pot holder needed.

Make sure that you take a hammer with you. It can be difficult to drive the post into the ground deep enough without it. Use a piece of firewood placed over top of the post to transfer the hammer blows to the post so you don't mangle the top of the post by striking it directly with the hammer. Also, make sure the post is driven plum or your grill make want to swing away from the fire if you put something heavy on it like a full pot of coffee (I learned this the hard way).
on February 7, 2010
Got this as a gift for my husband. We camp quite a bit. It has always been terrible trying to cook meat properly over an open fire. This gadget is wonderful and he is crazy about it.

It's bigger that you think. 18" in diameter is plenty big even for a large family. Actually much bigger that what we needed. The grill itself not only can rotate off the fire via the post/arm structure but you can also spin the grill itself as needed. The height can be adjusted at any time as well. The distance of the arm extension is fixed. That's the only drawback I can find. Would be nice if that was adjustable too. The construction seems sturdy and we expect to get many years of use.

UPDATE: We continue to love the grill. It is perfect in all situations. Many times people stop by our camp site and ask about it and even if they don't you can see people talking about is as they walk or drive by.
on August 24, 2011
We bought this to take on a camping trip to lake Superior later this year but just had to try it out before we headed north.

Putting it together is a breeze as there's only 4 parts so by the time the fire was ready, the Bob a que was waiting. Our first meal was hamburgers and they turned out excellent.

We've since made breakfast on it and even enjoyed a homemade pizza just the other night. This cooking tool is one every outdoor enthusiast should have! Well made, well thought out, and well, the best 'que we've had the pleasure of owning.
on August 11, 2013
This grill worked quite nicely, once I got it put together. I used a metal hammer to pound it into the ground, Unfortunately, that deformed the top just enough that the arm would not fit down over. Had to find a file in a multi-tool (we were camping) to reshape the top enough to get the arm on. After that it was smooth sailing. Learn from my mistake: cushion your hammer blows with a piece of firewood or something.

I like the fact that I can swing the arm completely away from the fire, and adjust it up and down as well. Storage is kind of weird though, as they are 3 completely different shaped pieces.
on October 3, 2013
In theory this is a cool product. The issue is in order to get the grill into the ground (unless the ground is very soft and you can use the foot peg push down) you have to hammer it in. The issue? The vertical support shaft that everything mounts to is to soft to use a hammer on even if you use a piece of wood in between the hammer and support to prevent mushrooming the end. Why is this an issue? You have to drive the vertical "backbone" in first then slide the grill assembly down onto the vertical piece. After mushrooming.. the grill assembly hole is now to small and won't slide on the backbone. Soooo.. If you only camp where there are several inches of soft top soil. Go for it.. otherwise.. You are keeping your meat on ice and goin out to dinner!!
on September 6, 2015
Well, my first summer camping with the Bob-A-Que is over, and it passed my camping test with flying colors! In wet weather, with very soft ground the whole thing tends to move when you turn it away from the fire. Just put your foot on the bottom cross brace and you should be good. In dry weather with hard ground, I start driving it into the ground with the bottom cross brace and my 200lbs, then finish with a piece of fire wood and a my tent stake mallet. As everyone points out make sure you don't "mushroom" the post, or your pretty much screwed. The Bob-A-Que is a Heavy duty, well made, alternative for the provided campground fire pit grill(in Illinois those really suck!). The notch in the grill portion bar is supposed to be there...I actually called the company...and then felt like an idiot when he pointed out that it was in the instructions. I can tell you right now what I'm going to have a problem with in the future.....the piece that attaches the ground stake to the cooking bar...I'm probably going to lose/misplace it. Also, in the merchandise catalog the manufacturer sends with the Bob-A-Que it has it available with a carrying case. Next summer I'll have to see if I can buy that case separately.
Bottom line......well made product I would recommend.
on April 10, 2013
I set up a permanent hole next to my fire pit so I can remove at any time. Works great and you can not beat the price.
on December 6, 2015
Just what we needed for the backyard "camp" fire pit down by the dock! The only thing is placing it so it's level - it does swing away with gravity. We are very happy with it. Very sturdy, not wimpy. I would suggest pounding a piece of PVC pipe into the ground to place it if you plan to use it then put it away.
on January 9, 2014
OK, I have to admit I was skeptical of this little grill. My husband wanted one to use over our fire pit and to take camping. It is very easy to move around, and as long as you are not putting it into really soggy soil, it stays in place great. I like the fact that you can swivel and spin the grilling surface so that everything cooks evenly. I was very pleasantly surprised by this grill's performance! I have even given one as a gift.
on July 22, 2014
My friends gave me a rash of trouble for buying this grill, but after seeing it in action, they've asked where they can get one. Simplistic in design, it's still sturdy in usage. I've loaded this thing up with meat and it's held it all. Easy to move up and down and swivel away from the fire. A design marvel.