5.0 out of 5 stars Lovingly crafted, beautifully played
At the ripe young age of 85, Bob Acri has made a disc of stunning beauty. No, it won't blow you away on account of its fierce virtuosity or originality; it works its magic in much subtler, and much more difficult fashion: through the assimilation of a lifetime of musical understanding perfectly, though almost casually, rendered.

Probably the average jazz fan...
Published on January 7, 2005 by Jan P. Dennis

3.0 out of 5 stars but it is good listeniing just the same
I had hoped for more piano music, but it is good listeniing just the same.
Published 7 months ago by Dale Fackler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovingly crafted, beautifully played, January 7, 2005
This review is from: Bob Acri (Audio CD)

Probably the average jazz fan has never heard of Bob Acri. A man with an extensive and impressive resume including work in some of the great ensembles of the past century, Acri has acquired not only a vast knowledge of 20th century jazz styles, but also the ability to present them with a freshness and authority seldom encountered. That he can make music that is by all accounts old fashioned sound so vital and even innovative is nothing short of remarkable. Blessed with a gloriously deft and light touch on the piano, as well as consummate taste, with his all-star band (George Mraz, bass; Lew Soloff, trumpet; Frank Wess, winds; Ed Thigpen, drums; with Diane Delin sitting in on violin for three cuts) he lovingly crafts each piece into a thing of shear beauty.

Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this old man!, December 20, 2010
jocee "joey" (Newark, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bob Acri (Audio CD)
Being from Louisiana, and having listened to jazz from the day of my birth, makes me a jazzlover. From traditional jazz to smooth jazz I love it all. Bob Acri's "Sleep Away" was preloaded on a netbook that I bought this year, and I could not believe that someone with my knowledge of jazz had not heard of this wonderful old soul. The music that comes from this gentleman's heart should be a national treasure. " I love this old man!" I am introducing all of my jazz loving friends to this man's music. Mr. Acri is a "god" amongst the men and women of jazz, and is the first name in my "Jazz Music Hall of Fame," and not because the first letter of his last name begins with an A, but because his music is rated A+.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, October 13, 2011
Sean W. Oslin (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bob Acri (Audio CD)
I first heard Sleep Away as a song that came with my Windows operating system. I was impressed, but had never heard of the artist. I took a chance and bought the album. It is simply beautiful, elegant, exceptional artistry. Nothing groundbreaking - but who cares! Listen and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle Piano, March 9, 2012
This review is from: Bob Acri (Audio CD)
A very pleasant piano sound from a man who has performed with the great ones. I play Bob Acri's sound when I want to relax.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Bob Acri (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful CD for any mood. My absolute favorite melody is "Sleep Away"... I can listen to it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars toe tapping jazz, March 4, 2013
This review is from: Bob Acri (Audio CD)
love this cd, i discovered bob acri with a song that came with my computer, so i decided to try the cd, glad i did.

His style is nice and laid back, yet energetic enough to be a toe tapper.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's GREAT!!, October 29, 2012
A. Wilkinson (Brooklyn, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bob Acri (MP3 Music)
I heard "sleep away" and loved it. I previewed the cd and decided it's priced right and sounds good why not. It was a very good decision....It instantly became one of my favorite CDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob Acri, April 24, 2013
This review is from: Bob Acri (MP3 Music)
This is a jewel I stumbled on by accident when I was scrolling down for more Jazz music. He is great & couldn't believe how old he is, this proves some things get better with age. mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Acri Illunimation, October 21, 2012
This review is from: Bob Acri (MP3 Music)
Wonderful album from lively complex palate to quite meditative stuff.. Very enjoyable for any mood or setting. Would recommend it without hesitatoin

5.0 out of 5 stars Piano music, August 11, 2012
This review is from: Bob Acri (Audio CD)
Part of this is a sample on Windows 7 and the music is Sleep Away and it is beautiful to listen and you can also buy his CD's online. Listen to your sample at least and hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Bob Acri
Bob Acri by Bob Acri (Audio CD - 2004)