5.0 out of 5 stars Great works well.
The Bob Books are a series of boxed sets designed to help develop skills at different levels and complexities. They are designed to grow with a child as their skills in reading improve. This is the second set we have given our oldest daughter and she loves them.

There are 10 books in this specific boxed set:

Play Ball
Dress Up
Before and After

30 Flash Cards of the 30 sights words:
are, good, now, ate, he, little, pretty, said, she, will, with, you, my, that, what, come, into, under, make, new, like, play, bring, small, old, find,
before, then, long, after

The tools combined in this box set are a real aide in helping a child grow and develop their reading skills. The focused repetitions between the flash cards and the same words being a big focus in the books is a well designed and planned tool. One of the things I like best is that in the front cover of each book is a list of the site words focused on in that book, and a parenting tip for helping the child to acquire the new words. This is a great series and with each new one I appreciate them more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Sure About Sight Word Sets, September 7, 2012
This review is from: Bob Books: Sight Words, 1st Grade (Paperback)
I am using the Bob series to supplement my Kinder's phonics program. The books have just the right difficulty to challenge but not discourage. My Kinder LOVES them! My only challenge with books stems from my Kinder's ability to memorize everything very quickly. Plus the pictures might give too many context clues for us. Overall, we purchased first two sets and, once started, quickly purchased the remaining sets. Great product!

However, we have struggled with the Kinder and First Sight Word books. They contain enough "advanced" words that I feel we will not really be able to tackle the sight word sets until we have finished the reader book sets. The sight word sets do come with flash cards which is nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars mom of 1st grader, September 7, 2011
This review is from: Bob Books: Sight Words, 1st Grade (Paperback)
The books are small enough to hold his attention. We have been reading one book a night and learning new sight words. I wish I would have bought the books earlier ( in Kindergarden )

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped My Son Catch Up!, April 17, 2012
This review is from: Bob Books: Sight Words, 1st Grade (Paperback)
My son started off the first grade slightly behind in his reading. I knew he could do it, he just needed the right reading material and practice. Completely lost on where to start, I liked the what I saw with the Bob books and the reviews. Starting with book 1 from the first set, my son has read through the whole series, mastering each book, in about 6-7 months. I loved how each book built on the last one, it was so easy for me help him move forward. He thought the books were really silly which helped keep him interested. Some books he wanted to read over and over because he enjoyed them so much. Now he's at grage level and a much more confident reader. When he read the last book, we went back to the very first book so he could see how far he came and he was very proud of himself. I am too! I just wish there was another set for the next statge:0(

5.0 out of 5 stars love bobs books, June 29, 2013
This review is from: Bob Books: Sight Words, 1st Grade (Paperback)
We've had these for 18 months now. My son entered KG not able to read. We used bob books (not these but lower levels) for 15 minutes a night, and within 2 months and after going through the first three sets, he was able to sound out words and reading - Then he moved on to set 4 and 5 after about another month or so. He just finished 1st grade and he reads at a 3rd/4th grade level - thanks in part to these great series of books.
The instructions at the back of the each book was very helpful for me to know how to use that book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, August 22, 2011
This review is from: Bob Books: Sight Words, 1st Grade (Paperback)
These books have helped my son (1st grader) improve on his reading skills. We continue to use them so he can get as much as practice as possible. You can also use them for night story books at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for my 6 Year Old, September 9, 2013
This review is from: Bob Books: Sight Words, 1st Grade (Paperback)
I bought this for my 6 year old to practice her reading since she just entered 1st grade. She's blasted through the books and had so much fun reading them all by herself. After a few times through each book she reads it like a pro!

Personally, I love how the books are separated out by color and then numbered. It helps the kids with their progression from easy books and words to the more challenging ones.

Great buy for any children learning to read; it's such a boost for little ones to read an entire book all by themselves!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these books!, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Bob Books: Sight Words, 1st Grade (Paperback)
I recommend these books to anyone teaching their kids to read. My son is 5 and he reads this set fluently. Makes a parent's job easy, and he is more than ready for K5,

5.0 out of 5 stars B.O.B. Books, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Bob Books: Sight Words, 1st Grade (Paperback)
BOB Books are an integral part of Sustained Silent Reading in my Kindergarten class. I can't have too many BOB Books! The kids love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading, June 17, 2013
This review is from: Bob Books: Sight Words, 1st Grade (Paperback)
Wonderful books to teach and/or tutor beginning readers. As a retired teacher, I used this set of books to teach my granddaughter how to sound out words and learn sight words.

Bob Books: Sight Words, 1st Grade
Bob Books: Sight Words, 1st Grade by Lynn Maslen Kertell (Paperback - July 1, 2010)
$16.99 $13.59