5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Commuting, September 16, 2010
This review is from: Bob Ibex 28 Plus Suspension Trailer includes Dry Sak (Baby Product)
I've had this trailer for 2 months now and use it daily for an 8 mile commute (each way) to work. LOVE IT! Have attached it to my Trek 6700 mountain bike. It was a breeze to set up and attach (and un-attaches with ease). Took 20 minutes to put together; you just need a 10mm wrench. The trailer is well made and the bag is nice.

I hall a backpack with a laptop and books, a lunch bag, and a change of clothes for work. The included dry-bag fits everything with ease. My stuff all adds up to approx 30-40 lbs. This weight is no problem for the trailer. It tracks perfectly behind my bike and the shock (on Ibex) is excellent for absorbing curbs or potholes. The "set-up" is so much better than a backpack (on back) or panniers, in my opinion.

You can get it with a "fork" (the part that connects trailer to bike) that fits 28" or 700c wheels, provided the 700c wheels has no fender. If you have 29" wheels or 700c wheels with fenders, get the "larger" fork model. You can also purchase a second fork and change them out, in 10 minutes.

I'm not sure the trailer would be ideal for single track or serious mountain biking in the woods. But what would? This trailer would be better than a heavy backpack, I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding !, August 13, 2008
higly recommend - did a ~240 mile grueling desert ride with the bob ibex,
the trailer was perfect ! flawless performance ! highly recommend !
bob doesn't say much but he's a great listener.

4.0 out of 5 stars BOB was my closest friend for 4303 miles, January 27, 2011
I rode my bike from Coos Bay Oregon to Yorktown Virginia during the summer and fall of 2010. I decided to take trailer on this tour based on expected head winds and its narrow profile. It performed very well. There is one thing that BOB needs to look into. The fender is better than nothing but it will not do much to keep your load clean and dry.
If you are going to pull a BOB here is a tip from my experience. Get some paracord, learn to tie a trucker's hitch, load your trailer with the Center of gravity low and forward and tie it down tight.
For more about my tour across the USA and what I learned see:

[...]
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TRAILER, October 21, 2011
Purchased to use on Rails to Trails and single track Mountain Bike trails. This trailer pulls easy. I load it with all camping gear needed plus extras. I would not be with out this trailer it works better then panniers for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Trailer, Some Quality Control Problems, September 5, 2013
Brandon (GAINESVILLE, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
This is a nice trailer. No plastic (except the fender) and hopefully no parts that will rust.

The shock can be adjusted into one of three positions depending on how much weight you're carrying (25/50/75 lbs).

I removed one star because the trailer I received had a big gash on the frame where the fork had hit it. The gash was underneath the undisturbed foam packing material designed to prevent exactly that from happening, so I have to assume it happened at the BOB factory before the packing material was installed.

Will have to get some touch-up paint.

5.0 out of 5 stars load it up., April 2, 2013
Great trailer. Almost forgot it was back there on first trip.
Encountered hills, wind, rain, Amish Buggy ruts, and dogs on first trip. No problems so far.
All cargo arrived ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you live on a remote and rugged Caribbean island at the end of a long, gravel road, you must have this!, May 30, 2013
JennyJacksonMiller (Brooklyn, New York) - See all my reviews
When I began my time here on the small, rugged, volcanic island of Dominica, the Nature Island of the World, I realized I would need special gear to navigate daily chores. It was with eager anticipation that I awaited the delivery of this trailer, all whilst dodging hairy eyebrows from my wife.

When the shipment finally arrived, 26 lbs of baby food (its a customs joke) I could hardly contain my joy. However, there was a few days of lag from tearing opened the box and actually installing the trailed because, although the bike I had purchased shipped two weeks prior to this trailer, the trailer beat the bike to the island by a week!

Upon reassembly of my newly purchased Giant ATX 880 (a true classic hard tail), the trailer was hitched I we were bombing down Moo Cow Road (that's really the name of my Road!) at break-neck pace! I read the directions carefully and made note of the suggested speed limit of something like 40kph, of course, I pay no attention to these things and just like driving my U-Haul trailer behind my RAV-4 at 140kph, this thing handles like it is on rails. I also read the 30kilo weight restriction and while I would not just go around blatantly disregarding the suggestions from people who engineer stuff professionally, I can say, if you are a well developed male rider with a great sense of balance, who bikes quite a lot, you may be able to get away with more. I won't go into just how much more (perhaps 70 kilos would be trouble for the fork) but you may be able to handle more than 30 kilos, thats all I will say.

So, then my wife is saying, "I wish I could use your trailer, but I can't ride your bike." Now the truth comes out! My wife, fortunately, has a folding bike which was easy to get to the island of Dominica. When we first got here, this became my main means of transportation and it was just before making a daring descent down a 70 foot slope that I read a little black box Warning: This is NOT a Mountain BIke!

It was as though God was saying, you are too big, and too brutal for this equipment on this island. So, good for the wife, maybe, not so good for me, probably not good enough for a trailer, either. So... I ordered a second B.O.B. trailer, this time opting for the black hard tail Yak-Plus, and a new mountain bike from Nashbar. Once those get here, my wife will enjoy the same level of freedom and ease of completing daily chores as I do.

If you have never been to our little island paradise, way down here in the South Easter Caribbean, let me just tell you. It was discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1493, on one of his subsequent journeys West. He landed here on a Sunday and named it Dominica, which means 'Sunday Island.' Apparently, the queen asked our friend Chris, "What is this Island Dominica like?" In response to which our good friend Captain Columbus crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it on the table. He said it is small and jagged and not worth investment. Now, that may sound harsh, but those facts have left this island the last remaining Caribbean island to have an indigenous population of Carib Indians, 70% is covered in Virgin Tropical Rain Forest, there are 365 rivers here, we get 400 inches of rain yearly on the interior, which consists of 9 active volcanoes and one huge boiling lake, and 100 inches of rain, yearly on the coast which is 92 miles of rugged, volcanic sand and cliffs.

If I were going to film a promotional video for the Ibex-Plus, I would strap a camera to a motorcycle and follow me to the grocery store, to school, in the rain, in the rain, in the rain, and when the sun comes out, we can open the bag and show everyone who is drenched my store of clean, dry clothes and books and laptop computer, next to my water and food and whatever else I felt like leaving my cottage with that day. Let me just say, you could live on a remote Caribbean paradise without B.O.B. behind your bike. Plenty of people live here without bikes! But when anybody sees me pulling this trailer, young, old, male, female, dog, cow, goat... they all think, Dangit! That is Awesome!

Buy one and move to a remote island, I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent construction, December 4, 2013
I have used this trailer on the Great Divide trail, carrying 40-50 lbs for days on end. It is bombproof. In heavy muddy conditions the mud will pack between tire and frame. A minor inconvenience but be aware of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars BOB, October 21, 2013
The best trailer available if you are going off road. The single wheel design is crucial for this purpose. The shock is probably unnecessary for light loads however.

5.0 out of 5 stars BOB Trailer, August 8, 2008
This product is all it advertises to be...well made with quality materials with options for useful accessories. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a bike trailer to carry their stuff.

Bob Ibex 28 Plus Suspension Trailer includes Dry Sak
$449.00 $393.90
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies