5.0 out of 5 stars Review from www.firrkids.com
Published on March 29, 2009 by www.firrkids.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What I expected
I thought that this would be a cartoon to distract my son while I cut his hair, but it's got all these real life clips, which were so boring (to both my son and me).
Published 6 months ago by EileenG

5.0 out of 5 stars Review from www.firrkids.com, March 29, 2009
The On Site series is my absolute favorite type of Bob the Builder episode. Viewers are made to feel like they are part of an actual construction crew - watching workers build and getting a sneak peek inside the job site. Interspersed with the usual animation, this is a great video for kids of all ages. The dual imagery makes these videos equally educational and fascinating.

We learn about the construction process on two types of buildings: a skyscraper and a parking garage. Bob starts right at the beginning by drafting the blueprints and laying the foundation, then onto finishing the top-most floor and installing the elevator system. We see the contractor's view on each step of the huge process that becomes a skyscraper.

As an added bonus, there is footage of children building their own construction projects from cardboard boxes and craft supplies. What a great (not to mention cheap) project to try with your own children after the video! They can combine their imaginations with what they learned from Bob and his crew and to create their own unique buildings.

Skyscrapers breaks down the building process into engaging, easy-to-follow stages, incorporating Bob the Builder's delightful animation and charming characters, along with live action construction site footage. The sky has no limit in this latest title from everyone's favorite builder!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob the Builder of Roads and Bridges, January 17, 2010
I bought this DVD for my grandchildren, ages 3 and 4. I never thought I would be writing a review of a child's product like this...but this one (and others, like Skyscrapers) rates high on my list. The character Bob does his animated thing, then the same is produced in real life, then the activity is shown by real children. The material presented in three ways is meaningful for my kids. I would recommend this to all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie...Keeps his attention, February 8, 2010
My son enjoys watching this video. There are excellent real construction scenes mixed in with Bob and his crew. My only complaint is that they reused a bunch of the "real" footage in the different segments but that doens's seem to bother my son.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good for older children... and adults like me!, December 9, 2010
Well my son is going crazy over Bob the Builder - I think he likes the theme tune more than the show itself though.

I got the sky scrapers one because I saw the trailer and thought it looked cool.

It is very different from the other DVDs. Not sure if this is an official UK production either. There is no real story and is more like a documentary about how sky scrapers are built.

It uses a mixture of clay modeling, Paper animation, real life and CGI (Computer-generated imagery). The real life parts are real construction sites and children messing about with boxes.
I think it works ok and there is enough change to keep my son's attention for a while.

I don't regret buying it - but my son may appreciate it more when he is older. At the moment he is two and three months.
I played it for him and his cousins and they lost interest pretty quick. I think the short episodes keep the attention up. The 'Built to be Wild' one seems to keep the attention pretty good. It is filled with songs and story.
I still think the episodes are the right length for him right now though - so I will avoid any future 'on-sites' until he is ready...

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 2, 2014
This review is from: Bob The Builder On Site: Skyscrapers (Amazon Instant Video)
Grandson seems to really enjoy these movies. He loves the tractors and guys working together. Fun to watch !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great educational tool, June 19, 2014
For those parents looking for a positive educational experience for their young kids 3-4 yrs old I heartily recommend all the Bob The Builder Movies. I even learned something about this Skyscraper one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What I expected, June 11, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob the Builder On Site: Skyscrapers if great!, April 13, 2014
coyote "lizard" (Sunny Southern California) - See all my reviews
The live footage is amazing on this one--hey, my son did it! That's why I stock up on these and some of the others as well. He also did roads and Bridges and some still shots on Houses...And also the project planet, but we haven't seen that one yet as it's all online. Five stars for cool stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for 4 year old, April 8, 2014
My little friend Joseph loves Bob the Builder. So I purchased this as a Christmas prsent. He loves it. His mom says he watches it over and over!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bob the Builder Is Grandson's Favorite!, April 7, 2014
My 3 year old grandson loves Bob the Builder! The episode contains filmed footage of actual construction & I was concerned that he might lose interest when Bob wasn't being shown on the screen. However, he watched everything intently & seemed disappointed when the "sky scapers" ended.