5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my Go Pro - Scuba Diving
Published on July 17, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars It worked, after adding my own hardware
I used this for a dive handle for my GoPro... it allowed me to comfortably hold the camera at a good angle while I horizontally cruised the ocean floor. I was pleased with the steadiness of the resulting videos.

Published on August 15, 2012 by Telly03

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my Go Pro - Scuba Diving, July 17, 2012
This review is from: Bobber - Floating Hand Grip for GoPro® HERO Cameras (Camera)
I recommend! I use mine for Scuba Diving and tether it to my BCD using a retractor. Last week, I was diving off San Miguel Island and the camera untethered. This happens at times when diving and usually means a lost camera in the kelp. However, in this case, the camera floated to the surface from 80 feet and we could see the yellow grip clearly in the swell. The Bobber saved my GoPro II from being lost and is great grip and accessory for water sports.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but a bit expensive, June 21, 2012
It's a must have when you are filming in or around water, and it works great. A little expensive for piece of plastic though, and it didn't come with a nut to screw in too, which is fine because I have plenty with my other mounting equipment. But for 30 dollars I think they could put a 10 cent nut in there.

3.0 out of 5 stars It worked, after adding my own hardware, August 15, 2012

All you get is the piece of plastic though, no connecting hardware... I could have used the mounting screw that came with the GoPro, but the GoPro doesn't come with any loose nuts, and I had none around the house that had the proper threading... I had to scrounge around the house to find a nut and bolt that would work to secure the GoPro, but it would have been nice to use the GoPro style bolt that allows you to hand tighten the tension.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 10, 2012
It's yellow! It floats! It does its job. it's not a banana, although someone from a distance might wonder why you're using a banana for cam grip.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect handle, July 2, 2012
The Bobber and the leash it comes with worked perfectly. I also used the Go Pro Floaty, but that was probably over kill since there was little chance of my Go Pro getting loose with the leash attached. I did let it go a few times in shallower water (no sense tempting fate) and it would NOT sink. It's a great accessory, probably a must have, I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome solution!!!, June 29, 2012
My wife and I recently went to Hawaii with our GoPro an the Bobber exceeded expectations. It not only floated the GoPro but also the SRP Blurfix which added additional weight to the camera. I wouldn't go into the water without this product. Protect your investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, November 24, 2013
Works great. I used this with my GoPro Hero3 Black Edition during a recent trip to the Playa Del Carmen Mexico area. Provides a nice size grip to hold on to and floats the camera if you let go of it. Bright yellow color would make it easy to locate in the water if needed also. See the link for my little video. http://youtu.be/IsoRMk0pn3k

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks way too easily, November 20, 2014
By the 6th use, both of the thumb screws had broken form screwing them in (I'm not Andre the Giant, was not on PCP, am not a bodybuilder and/or do not otherwise have superhuman strength).

Also had issues with this company on another of their product. Customer service was basically nonresponsive.

Would look to avoid this company and the products.

BUT - it does float.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a high Quality Product - Disappointed, November 22, 2014
I purchased this accessory after researching several different options. Unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. I had 2 problems with it. The first time I tried to use it, the pinch bolt would not tighten. The camera was flopping around on the pivot. As I tried to tighten it up with a normal amount of effort, the thumbscrew broke. Luckily I had an extra thumb screw from some of my extra accessories and I was able to use one of those and it worked ok. I don't know if the bolt bottomed out or if it was cross-threaded, but the plastic broke with a normal amount of torque being applied to tighten it. Poor design/quality. Also, after using this device for a few times, the wrist strap fell apart. There is a small metal piece where they essentially crimp the strap together to create a loop for the ring. That crimp was not strong enough to hold the weight of the camera and pulled apart and the camera and grip fell off leaving an empty strap on my wrist. This happened while I was on a ship in the middle of the ocean, lucky again that it just landed on the floor and I didn't lose my device. I need up tying a knot in the strap and then was able too put it back through the ring. The strap became smaller, but still enough to get my hand through and use as a safety device. I did not ever have the need to test this for flotation, but based on my other issues, I don't know what I would expect. Also, I am not one to usually post reviews unless the stuff really does not work. I will be returning this through Amazon for being defective and they will hopefully refund my money for something different.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware - Bootleg Bobber, January 2, 2014
Zero star for the purchasing experience. My Bobber was fulfilled by RageCams USA.

The handle does not have the trademark nor the textured grip as advertised. This is a bootleg version of the real Bobber. I was led to believe I was purchasing an authentic Bobber.

Will not trust this product on any GoPro cameras.

Bobber - Floating Hand Grip for GoPro® HERO Cameras