5.0 out of 5 stars Love the show, HATE the commercials!
I love this show. It is uniquely funny, there really isn't anything else on tv like it. I really find the commercials obnoxious though. If I am paying to buy the episode outright at $2 a pop, I shouldn't have to watch advertising. Advertising is something you put up with to pay for free network tv.
Published 13 months ago by KB

1.0 out of 5 stars why am i paying for a show and being force fed ads?!?!?!
amazon should label these as "AD SUPPORTED VIDEOS" since you cannot avoid the commericals.

the show is great - ads are not.

stay classy, fox...
Published 5 months ago by will rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the show, HATE the commercials!, November 7, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars I didn't pay for commericals, March 2, 2014
I will never buy another Fox show or any other show that has commercials placed in a purchased product. Why should I pay for your advertisements?

The show is good but beware that you're paying for Fox adverts as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars why am i paying for a show and being force fed ads?!?!?!, June 28, 2014

the show is great - ads are not.

stay classy, fox...

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this show!, January 6, 2014
ricketsj (St. Paul, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bob's Burgers Season 4 (Amazon Instant Video)
As an avid watcher of the Simpsons, I have really enjoyed getting into this show. It combines wackiness and heart in a similar way, which is why I liked this better than Family Guy and the rest of the Seth Macfarlane spinoffs. Those shows are funny, but you don't feel a personal connection with the characters on the same level. I see that others have reviewed based on the annoying inclusion of commercials before and after the program. I agree that this is annoying, but it's unfair to give a low rating to the program over a corporate decision that has nothing to do with the actual show.

1.0 out of 5 stars REMOVE THE ADS, January 17, 2014
I put up with the ads hoping they would go away. They did't so I'm done with Fox shows until they are gone.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this show, July 7, 2014
I love this show. SO MUCH. I HATE THIS FREAKIN ADS. I'd return this purchase if I could cause this ads are some serious bs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great show, annoying commercials, July 16, 2014
This review is from: Bob's Burgers Season 4 (Amazon Instant Video)
The show itself I would give 4.5 stars (episodes 1 & 3 feel more like American Dad episodes than Bob's Burgers but it gets back into the groove quickly after that), but to mirror other reviews I think it's obnoxious to pay $38 bucks for a single season and have commercials before and after each episode. It makes me not want to purchase future shows on Amazon. In the future I'll likely wait for commercial free versions on Netflix.

In summary, great show with 20 seconds of commercials at the beginning of each episode and more at the end with no auto-play for the next episode a la Netflix.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ads ???, June 6, 2014
This review is from: Bob's Burgers Season 4 (Amazon Instant Video)
No more "Bobs" until the ads stop, at minimum let the customer know they are buying ad supported video's, your better than this Amazon!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Another solid season of Bob's Burgers (not as good as 1 & 2, but still up there), May 9, 2014
Another great season of Bob's Burgers. The episode quality isn't quite as consistent as episodes 1 & 2, but it's still great comedy about a real family.

I'd give this 4 stars if it wasn't for the fact that amazon adds about 3 minutes of FOX promotional advertising before & after the show. These commercials are permanent part of the episode you're purchasing and Amazon provides no notice (that I could find) that you'll be getting ads along with your purchased episode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Show: 5 Stars; Avertising:WHY??, October 14, 2013
Ugly Bob (Santa Fe, New Mexico United States) - See all my reviews
Bob's Burgers is a brilliant show, this is a given. The ads, unfortunately, are not only greedy, arrogant, and completely contrary to the whole spirit and purpose of outright buying this sort of content, they are also WILDLY counterproductive.
I could not hate Dads more unless Seth MacFarlane came to my house, burned it down, and sodomized my entire family, living and dead, pets included. That finger-walking gag may be the single worst thing in the entire history of comedy, and this is coming from a guy who didn't particularly mind ISHTAR.