5.0 out of 5 stars A very funny animated series.
It is the funniest animated series since King of the Hill. Clever and well developed. A must watch and appropriate for a range of ages.
Published 13 months ago by History Prof 69

1.0 out of 5 stars bootleg quality...retail price
Published 21 months ago by faaip de oiad

1.0 out of 5 stars bootleg quality...retail price, May 22, 2013
This review is from: Bobs Burgers Season 2 (DVD)
This review is for the DVD-R version of Bob's Burgers Season 2, not the show itself. The show is great! Fox decided to release season 2 on the cheap: the jewel case is low quality, the disks are ultra low quality (they also come with scratches all over them, free of charge), cheap stickers on the front of the disks instead of what you would expect from an official release, almost no special features. I can't believe Fox has the stones to charge $23 for 9 episodes and not even produce a quality DVD set. DO NOT BUY THIS DVD!!! If this is type of garbage product that Fox is going to release for it's TV shows, they will not get another dime of my money. I'd rather keep the shows on my DVR and fast forward through commercials before I buy another DVD-R product. I urge everyone that feels the same about the DVD-R sets to write reviews about them and show the tools that run Fox home entertainment what happens when they try to cheat and steal from the people that give them money.

1.0 out of 5 stars 30.00 for 9 episodes on a DVD-R JUST SAY NO!!!!, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Bobs Burgers Season 2 (DVD)
love the show, hate the dvd set at more than 3.00 an episode this is ridiculous. the cleveland show has 22 on the same crappy dvd-r's and is the same price or cheaper?

1.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable, May 6, 2013
This review is from: Bobs Burgers Season 2 (DVD)
I already submitted a review to this but apparently it must've been deleted. Well, I want people to know about this so here is my second attempt to submit this and unfortunately isn't as detailed as my first... Bob's Burgers season 2 is a fine season of a fine show. Not the best show out there but a pretty good one and I know a terrible money-grub when I see it, so please don't assume I hate the show, because I don't. Not only are there four less episodes in this DVD set than the last one, but there are no commentaries (the first one had multiple commentaries on every episode), teases you into thinking there are season 3 episodes by referencing them in the cover art (not to mention the only special feature is a table read for one act of a season 3 episode that isn't even on the DVD) and perhaps worst of all, it's a cheap DVD-R like The Cleveland Show season 3. Thirty dollars for this? Hell no. If you MUST watch these, stream them on Netflix. Avoid at all costs, contact Fox and Amazon and try to get them to release actual DVD sets instead of this garbage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even closed captioned!!, July 17, 2013
This review is from: Bobs Burgers Season 2 (DVD)
My husband and I had been eager to get season two on DVD as we have watched season one so many times I was worried we'd wear it out before two became available! While I understand everyone's disappointment with the low episode count and lack of special features, I like the show so much I had no problem paying for it despite the reviews. However, had I known there were no sub-titles or closed caption, I would have saved my money!! My husband is extremely hard of hearing, and totally dependent upon the closed caption. We were so disappointed that even this 'special feature' was lacking!! In this day and age, it is EXPECTED to be there, unless you are buying a public-domain super-discounted poor quality DVD. I wish the 'closed caption status' of EVERY product would be disclosed as part of the product description. I have not often been burned by the fact that if the description doesn't SAY it is CC then you have to assume it is NOT, but on a 'new' product like this I didn't even check! Now I have shows I would LOVE to watch, but cannot because I can't watch with my husband. A big let-down for both of us!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bootleg by Fox WTF??, May 19, 2013
This review is from: Bobs Burgers Season 2 (DVD)
Just in case u didnt read the description of the DVDs these r dvd-r not yiur regular pressed DVDs that most store bought releases are which wouldn't be bad if they weren't priced the same as a normal DVD these are what people burn themselves but with better video quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the show but not this set, June 10, 2013
V. Perry (Omaha, NE USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bobs Burgers Season 2 (DVD)
So i'm am pretty sure that i was what is being shipped is a bootleg or the saddest DVD set ever. Both disks are DVD-R's and the printed insert is low on quality.
As for the show itself it is one of my favorite and the show quality itself on these disks is very high. So if you don't mind what looks like a bootleg set then order away. As for the show itself i would rate 5 stars but I dropped it cause the cheap feel of the set.

3.0 out of 5 stars Resembles a bootleg copy, October 3, 2013
This review is from: Bobs Burgers Season 2 (DVD)
The disks look like someone burned them from their computer.
The last couple of episodes on the first disk skip.
The cover picture includes images of episodes that are not part of the second season (Gene & Louise), therefore not part of this DVD set.
I do love this show immensely, however. So it'll do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bootleg? Bootleg., July 24, 2013
This review is from: Bobs Burgers Season 2 (DVD)
People are not exaggerating: this is literally a bootleg. It's burned onto DVD-Rs, has none of the extras of an actual official release, only has stereo sound when the show is aired in Dolby Digital 5.1, and the artwork is clearly printed with a typical home inkjet printer. I haven't even popped it in to see if there's an actual menu or not but it's obviously a bootleg. It's in really poor taste for Amazon to sell people a bootleg as an official release. I wish I had read the reviews prior to ordering...

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Season, Terrible Production Value, March 18, 2014
This review is from: Bobs Burgers Season 2 (DVD)
And by terrible, I mean non-existent. As many reviewers have already explained, the episodes are in good quality, and they're all there from that season, but the actual physical DVD(-R) is so atrocious, you can't help but wonder if this was just bootlegged from someone else and making a killing off it. The back of the case has practically nothing on it--the front of the cage(while gratefully the same basic portrait from the 1st season cover) is actually inaccurate--two of the references are from episodes in SEASON THREE. The main menu looks(and sounds) like someone just held a tape recorder up to the TV when an episode was playing. No special features except for a small table read, which is entirely disappointing. The Season 1 DVDs were a gem most definitely worth our money and made with great love and attention. This set, however was straight armed-robbery.

Long story short, the season was great(although short), so if you want it, save time and frustration and just BUY DIGITAL. Trust us, you won't regret it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fox hates customers but loves their money, February 9, 2015
This review is from: Bobs Burgers Season 2 (DVD)
To be clear, along with what everyone else is saying, I love this show. This single star review is not a comment on Bob's Burgers but rather on Fox's ability to play us all for fools and squeeze higher profits out of loyal fans. Manufactured-on-Demand releases are a slap in the face to everyone that opens their wallets. I have no problem with the basic concept--don't make a million copies of something when fewer may sell, just make them as you need them. However, to give us, essentially, a burned copy of some video files is atrocious.

How about a quick list of the negatives I'm seeing with this MoD release:
* Low-quality cover art. Looks like it it came off my inkjet printer.
* No special features. Frankly, I don't care myself but a lot of people do and for this price they should be there.
* Crippled audio. The show is broadcast in 5.1 but we get a severely lacking 2.0 on these DVDs.
* Coloring issues. For some reason, the colors are not nearly as vibrant as they are when this show is broadcast.

I stopped after watching part of episode 1 so there may be more issues but I'm done keeping track.

When Fox switched to MoD for American' Dad's 9th season, I was a bit disappointed but not entirely surprise. For a show Fox cancelled, I wouldn't expect a proper release of remaining seasons. However, Bob's Burgers isn't cancelled. It's currently in the middle of its 5th season and has already been renewed for a 6th. I can't begin to express my disappointment with Fox's release of quality shows with this MoD method. It's one thing to not get a Blu-ray release when all of the shows fans are asking for it, but to slap us in the face with a full price DVD release that is so crippled it reduces my enjoyment of the show is downright rude.

I received season 1 & 2 as a gift. Even though season 1 is a proper release, I will be returning both so as to not take part is this customer-hating ritual Fox has embarked upon. While I love Bob's Burgers and don't disagree with the concept of MoD, I strongly disagree with reducing the quality (and thus manufacturing cost) of a product while keeping its price to consumers the same while not offering a quality alternative.

Shame on you, Fox. I'm done buying MoD releases and will just have to take my money elsewhere.

Bobs Burgers Season 2
Bobs Burgers Season 2 by H. Jon Benjamin (DVD - 2013)
$29.99 $29.19