Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 25, 2013
How many times does a luxury actually save you time and money? Not often enough.

I used to make my own fresh granola and store it in a spare refrigerator. For the quality and price of the granola I'm accustom to making, Bob's granola is a solid deal. I used to run to the local grocery and health food stores to pick up all the most healthful grains and non-sulfured dried fruits. The driving, shopping, prep, and manufacturing time, made this a minimum one-day job. When the kids were young, I would get them to help stirring the ingredients in the very large mixing bowl. It was always fun until the kids got older and none of us wanted to devote a day to granola, so we stopped. We were a family with a need, but without a solution.

One day, I was buying bread-making ingredients on Amazon. Just before clicking the Submit button, I stopped to recheck if there were other items I needed to add, when it hit me -- doesn't Bob make granola?? Sure enough!! I quickly calculated the cost of buying Bob's granola versus making my own. The numbers were good, so I found a few flavors we'd like and bought one case of each. All met my criteria for ingredients. I reasoned that the risk of ending up with packages of granola we wouldn't like or eat was low, and leaned on my faith in Bob's brand. All the flavors are new family favorites.

Where I used to buy Bob's Red Mill grains for my granola anyway, we will now have Bob's ready-to-eat granola delivered. I saved money not having to pay inflated grocery store prices for the ingredients, as well as the time, gas, and inconvenience of having to go to the grocery store to give them my money. Bob's granola is a time- and money-saving luxury.

I want to finish this review my saying that as a work-at-home Mr. Mom, I spend a portion of my grocery budget on Amazon. Instead of paying for faster shipping, or using the SuperSaver option and waiting a little longer, my Amazon Prime membership (which paid for itself in the first four months) increases my money savings and gets my orders delivered faster. I hope you find this review helpful. Thanks for reading.
on October 2, 2014
INGREDIENTS: Whole Grain Oats, Cane Sugar, Brown Rice Puffs (Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour), Mixed Fruit Concentrate (Pineapple, Pear, Peach), Unsulfured Dried Apples, Oat Flour, Natural Blueberry Flavor, Vitamin E.

Servings Per Container: About 7
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugars 12g
Protein 5g
on March 19, 2009
This is my favorite granola. Crunchy and sweet, very healthy, and taste is awesome. I eat this, Kashi Go-Lean Crunch and Kashi Honey Sunshine. I like them all, and enjoy the variety, but find I always come back to this granola. I especially like the apple blueberry over the plain granola. The pieces of dried fruit are a perfect mix in the granola.
on July 6, 2010
This granola is really yummy stuff! The taste is fantastic, a nice vanilla flavor with a hint of apple and a lighter hint of blueberry. It is healthy and most importantly for me, free of additives and preservatives!! I love eating it as a cereal with milk, mixed in my yogurt, right out of the bag as a snack or I use as a topping for my apple crisp. The price is reasonable for the quality and quantity and the nutritional value is good. The only criticism I partially agreed with that I read from another reviewer was that it barely had a trace of blueberries in it, which I agree but hey - adding a handful of fresh berries (any kind) is pretty simple and delicious!
on March 22, 2011
I bought this for my son who has food allergies because all the ingredients were identified in the label, and it had none that he couldn't eat. It has now become the favorite granola for my family. I love the fact that it tastes so good, but has no fat. Believe me, you won't miss it at all. The same with the minimal sugar content. It makes you wonder why all that other granola that is sold in boxes in the grocery store needs to have all those extraneous ingredients added you can't pronounce, or why they needs are so much more unhealthy in terms of added sugar and fat (and I am not talking about the fat that may come from nuts added to some granolas). This Bob's Red Mill granola is great straight, for baking, in yogurt, or with milk.
on July 28, 2013
I first tried this cereal as part of my quest to keep off the forty pounds i lost two years ago. i keep a bag in my office so I can have a bowl for lunch or a late afternoon snack in addition to having it for breakfast at home. It's not too sweet despite the fruity components. Instead, it's flat out delicious. the only caveat is that you may want to let it sit in the milk for a minute or two to soften. it won't get mushy, and if you don't it can be a little too crunchy.
on July 21, 2011
I bought this on a whim after it made it to the Gold Box deals. I had seen the stuff before at Whole Foods and a few other places, but never really gave it any thought until i saw it here. I have been considering just how unhealthy my diet has become since moving back to Salt Lake City and reflecting upon my great physical condition prior to my move. Anyway, I've decided recently that there is no reason not to get back to that lifestyle and conditioning. A big part of that is what you eat and when. This item is a clear winner for getting back on track. It is very tasty, and while sweet, it is not too sweet. I particularly like the little bits of apple and blueberry, which is where the bulk of the sweetness comes from. Anyway, it makes a great and fulfilling breakfast for me, either by itself, or mixed with some yogurt. It also makes a great snack when you just need a little something, and is a great tide me over for just after a workout, but before you've had a chance to eat an actual meal (which i try to do about 45 minutes after a work out).
I'll buy this again.
on June 10, 2011
This granola is great to bake with, or eat out of the bag. I haven't tried it with cold milk yet. It is quite good hot though. There is a slight blueberry taste to it, nothing strong. These make great gifts as well. I've gifted out a couple bags already. The price is unbeatable, plus the shipping time is prompt. They come to you packaged in a nice box. The granola itself is not too sweet, has a hint of vanilla flavor & slight blueberry. It is very good & this is a great place to order, especially the subscribe & save that delivers on schedule or earlier if you run low. I'm trying all the other flavors too, but this one is my favorite. Everyone I have given a bag to is hooked on it.
on October 24, 2012
This is a great granola. It is very fresh tasting, with wonderful ingredients. It has alot of crunch, which I like but if you find it a bit too cruchy just let it soak in some milk for a few minutes to soften. This good on its own, as a topping for yogurt and fruit or with milk and fruit.
on February 11, 2013
This is very tasty and makes a great healthy snack. Will buy lots more of this product! Bob's Red Mill is a company I can depend to give us good food without all the nasty preservatives and other poisons. Try it you'll love it too!