Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oat Flour, 22-ounce (Pack of 4)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 22 OZ|Change

on August 18, 2011
For those with Celiac disease or anyone for that matter, this flour is excellent. It is certified gluten free and does not raise your ttG. Only .07% of celiac's will react to avenin in oats. I am convinced that it is still cross contamination from non-dedicated facilities where people say they react to oats or there are other reasons for reactivity. You can use this flour in any recipe you would use a wheat or other flour. The approximate ratio is 1 1/3 of oatmeal flour to 1 cup of wheat. Experiment for the consistency you need. It will also absorb a bit more liquid than wheat flour. You MUST add 1/2 tsp to 3/4 tsp. xantham gum per 3 cups of oat flour as a binder.Experiment with the amount of "stickiness" your recipe needs. Oat flour makes superior pancakes, waffles, shortcake, cookies, I could go on and on. For breads you'll need to add a starchy flour like, sweet rice or brown rice flours etc, but that is beyond the scope of this review. Again, just substitute as above with xantham gum and you won't be disappointed. Don't waste your time on those breads and cookies at the store that are expensive, fall apart and taste like sand. Thank you Bob's Red MIll.
on January 4, 2011
Most affordable gluten free flours are made from rice, corn or soy. Those flours these tend to taste rather bland. Oat flour brings back some of the old flavor and is more nutritious than rice, corn or soy flour. I use it in almost all of my recipes, I love it!
on December 29, 2010
It's not gritty like rice, or beany flavored. This flour is the closest thing to wheat i've tried so far. As far a cookies go anyway. I don't know if I can make a bread out of it.
on February 5, 2012
If you need a gluten free Oat Flour that works well for Gluten Free bread-- this is a good choice. It mixes up well with other gluten free flours, and produces a loaf of bread the tasters rave about. You will have to add a bit more liquid to the bread recipe-- as this flour absorbs more liquid compared to other gluten free flours.
on March 16, 2015
Oat flour is sooooo much better than all the other gluten free options! Not grainy or bitter or weird tasting. (I seriously can't do rice flour or bean flour, they always taste gross to me!) But oat flour can be your best friend when it comes to GF baking.

If you use it by itself it will usually get too gummy, like most dense GF flours, but you can remedy that by mixing it with potato and/or tapioca starch. I like using the ratio of 2 parts oat flour to 1 part potato starch. I make some *amazing* chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies using Bob's Red Mill oat flour and Bob's Red Mill potato starch (2/3 cup flour to 1/3 cup starch) and I actually don't even need xanthan or guar gum. Even my non-gluten-free friends go absolutely nuts for these cookies!!

So if you've been using rice flours and bean flours exclusively, definitely start experimenting with oat flour because you may find that it tastes a thousand times better :)
on August 28, 2014
I use lots of "alternative" flours and oat is one of my favorites - just remember it is not as "dense" so you substitute it 1-1/4 cup for 1 cup in most recipes. It is also great for recipes that call for "ground oatmeal" - viola - you saved that step.
on August 15, 2013
I prepare my own flour mixtures for cooking and use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oat Flour, 22-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4) as one of my flour ingredient. I buy in bulk because it is cheaper than buying in a local grocery store. I will continue to purchase in bulk.
on January 17, 2014
When deciding whether to substitute oat flour, I think of oatmeal cookies and decide whether those flavors complement my intended recipe. Sweet potato pie is a definite yes. The result is earthy, yet light and flaky. But I wouldn't choose oatmeal flour for a cream pie crust. Mixing with almond meal or almond flour works well, and I also mix 1:2 or 1:3 with various gluten-free all-purpose flour mixes. This is a very welcome product for our gluten-free family.
on October 2, 2013
Love using this in cookie recipes. Im working on converting old recipes and this Oat Flour doesnt have a funny aftertaste.
on September 5, 2013
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free flour is excellent for those needing an option on flours. I have bought this product many times before and will do so again in the future.