Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on November 2, 2010
Let me just start off by saying I like oatmeal a little more than most people. At my old job they had a contest to get to know your coworkers a little bit better. They had unusual facts about people up and you had to guess who each fact was talking about. My fact was "This person has eaten a bowel of oatmeal for breakfast every single day of the past 25 years." For the past 10 years or so I've usually eaten another bowel as a bedtime snack as well. Suffice to say, I've eaten of a lot of oats in my lifetime.

Almost two years ago I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease after throwing up almost every day for six months. Unfortunately, the only treatment is a totally gluten free diet for the rest of my life. I wasn't too upset about that until I learned that included oatmeal as almost all oatmeal in this country is processed with the same machinery as wheat which will contaminate the safe oats. Not wanting to break my streak I started searching for a gluten free alternative. Thankfully, Bob's Red Mill was there for me. I bought a bag and tested it out to make sure I could handle it better than other oatmeals out there. Almost two years and almost 1500 bowels later, I can safely say that this stuff is perfectly safe as well as quite tasty.

Thanks Bob, for letting my continue on my streak with my favorite breakfast!
99 comments|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2010
One of the things I missed most when I had to stop eating gluten was oatmeal, since oats grown in the US are generally cross-contaminated with wheat/barley or other gluten-containing grains. I was so excited to discover Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats at my local Whole Foods a year or so ago, and they taste great, with a wonderful satisfying, chewy texture. Highly recommended!
on November 27, 2009
These oats are rolled quite thick, resulting in chewy oatmeal that takes longer to cook (10 minutes) than more conventional, thinly rolled oats. They are my favorite because of the much more substantial texture. However, shipping charges make local bulk purchase a much less expensive option - ask for a discount on a case purchase at your local store.
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2012
I received a package of Bob's Extra Thick Rolled Oats -- not what I ordered and not what was pictured on the seller's page. This one is made in a facility that processes wheat. It has a little sticker attached (covering the bar code) that includes the words "Gluten Free", but am I to believe that? I wasn't born yesterday! Back it goes... Bob's Red Mill, Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Gluten Free, 2 lbs (907 g)
on January 17, 2012
The picture is of BOB'S GLUTEN FREE OATS. However, the package is of regular oats with a sticker applied on the bag that says gluten free. WHAT THE HELL? We all know that oats are NATURALLY gluten free, but without the gluten free certification we do not know THEY HAVE NOT BEEN CONTAMINATED W/GLUTEN IN THE MILLING PROCESS. I AM DISGUSTED BY THE MISLEADING SALE. YOU PICTURED ONE ITEM, BUT YOU SOLD ME A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ITEM. I FEEL 100% DECEIVED.
66 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2012
Unfortunately this product has a stale taste and a bad gluten reaction to my celiacs disease. It's not my choice is eating fr breakfast because it's hard to mask it's taste of "shelf" with sweeteners and spices.
I first thought my gluten reaction was an accident but after the fourth time eating this and suffering from sinus pain, migraines, and neck pain, I was very disappointed.
on November 25, 2011
These gluten free rolled oats are a super buy. They are 2 dollars a bag cheaper here on amazon than at the local health food store. They make a great tasting oatmeal though unlike the instructions, I like mine best cooked for only 4 minutes and then rested. These are also good for recipes that call for gluten free oat flour. Simply toss them in the vitamix or food processor and you have instant flour. This product is also yummy in muffins and cookies.
on July 21, 2010
We live in a rural area and it is very difficult to find gluten free products. Finding the gluten free oats on Amazon was exciting and to be able to have it shipped every few months without having to go through all the order hassle is a great plus.
on April 13, 2015
Some of the best certified gluten-free oats I've found so far. They're always fresh and make excellent oatmeal cookies. I eat 1/2 cup of oatmeal each morning and it keep my digestive system going regularly. Something greatly appreciated when you suffer from digestive issues like celiac disease and Crohn's disease. Thank you Bob's Red Mill! Here is an example of one of my favorite oatmeal cookie recipes made with this wonderful product: http://theglutenfreeprofessor.com/gluten-free-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/
review image
on April 28, 2014
I paid $24.22 ($6.055 ea) for 4 bags of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats plus $8.99 for shipping for a total of $33.21. When I received the box, there was an invoice from Vitacost to me showing a cost of $15.96 for 4 bags plus $4.99 for shipping for a total of $20.95. That's a difference of $12.26. I went to Vitacost's website and, sure enough, the bags are selling for $3.99 each, no minimum purchase required for that price. No need to order 4 bags at one time.
BUYER BEWARE. GO DIRECTLY TO VITACOST.COM AND SAVE YOUR MONEY.