5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!
Published 21 months ago by M. Spalding

2.0 out of 5 stars The product may be OK. You judge.
Published 5 months ago by Ed Le

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Bob's Red Mill Hazelnut Meal Flour -- 14 oz (Health and Beauty)
In several recipes that call for almond meal crusts, I've successfully substituted hazelnut meal. Almond meal tends to get a little spongy and dense. I think hazelnut meal flour holds its crumbly, nutty texture much better. Plus, the flavor is so much more interesting and complimentary. Perfect for crusting fish, meats, or vegetarian "meats". You can even use it as a flour substitute for some kinds of cookies and muffins. But my favorite use so far is my low-carb chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake crust:

1 cup hazelnut meal, 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup Splenda, 1/4 cup melted salted butter. Press into the pan, toast at 450 for a few minutes, then pour your cheesecake batter on top and bake as directed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic taste and texture, January 18, 2013
Got this to mix with other things for baking and to coat fish and chicken. What a great product, more of a meal than a flour and perfect with unsweet shredded coconut for fish and chicken breading that isn't breading. If you rub the fish or chicken with a little coconut oil or any oil really it sticks like glue. If you want to do a shake and bake type deal this stuff works great, just put some of the meal in a paper or plastic sack, add your spices, and shake and bake. Comes up crispy and delicious. lovely toasted nut taste when baked or fried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, March 12, 2013
As always, this brand never fails me. I used the almond flour of this same brand to make french macarons. I wanted to make hazelnut and Nutella macarons so I looked for hazelnut flour and was ecstatic that I found it in this brand on Amazon. The macarons came out absolutely delicious! Bob's Red Mill grinds their products down finer than I've seen them elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great substitute, December 27, 2013
I used this for the first time to attempt some gluten-free parmesan hazelnut crackers. They came out great, nice texture to the flour and cooked well in the oven. People who weren't aware that this wasn't made with wheat flour were impressed when I told them it was hazelnut. It has a mild flavor that isn't overpowering. Thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternative for Lo Carb, October 14, 2012
My wife uses this in several low-carb & gluten-free desserts. It's been a big help. It's pretty tasty too. Some of the cookies come out a little dense, but that's easy to fix. It just requires a little experimentation.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY FRESH!, July 7, 2013
I love this product! I make healthy treats with this by putting 3 - 4 frozen bananas, 2 T Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, 1/4 - 1/2 C Almond Milk, and 1/4 C Bob's Red Mill Hazelnut Meal into my VitaMix blender....

2.0 out of 5 stars The product may be OK. You judge., June 4, 2014
I would probably like this product more if I though I could trust it. It came packed in plastic bag over the original bag, and a lot of product was inbetween the original packageing and the outer plastic. The corner of the whole inside packing was poking through the cardboard that was around it, and frankly, I'm almost afraid to eat it as I don't know if it was contaminated or not. So needless to say, I'm disappointed with the whole purchase!!! Sorry, I usually am happy with everything I get from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for low carb cooking, January 2, 2013
I used this in a low carb corn bread recipe... Its great! The recipe can be found listed under Nancys low carb corn bread. The only thing, unless you like realllly sweet corn bread, I would leave out the splenda. I used this recipe (minus the sugar) to make low carb turkey dressing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cooking on ANY diet plan!, May 2, 2014
The consistency is a perfect middle ground between meal and flour. Bought this at my local whole foods for $12 which is a really good price, just a dollar or two more expensive than Bob's almond meal/flour, and worth it for me. The taste of the hazelnut really isn't extremely overpowering, but at the same time you can definitely get that lovely hazelnut flavor which I prefer over the more mild almond meal/flour. I've only used it for cake/pie crusts so far and discovered it because I'm on the paleo diet, but I would definitely repurchase and use this again in the future even if I went off paleo/keto because it's healthy, delicious, and unique! I believe it to be very worth the price, I'm very pleased and will be buying from this brand again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great!, July 28, 2013
I love the taste of hazelnuts and this is some really wonderful tasting hazelnut meal. It's ground well enough to mix into things so thoroughly that you can hardly notice the nut texture, which is the whole point of using a nut meal instead of grinding down whole nuts yourself with a home grinder. Bob's grinders are a whole lot more thorough than anything you'd be likely to have at home!

Hazelnut, in my opinion, goes especially well with chocolate.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›